LOST: Season 3 (16 straight weeks of joy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RavenBlue said:
So is the new season going to be in Sept/Oct or do we have to wait all the way to next January?

from what I understand the network is saying the new season will be sometime in January or Feb. of next year.. grr....

16 episodes back to back like this past season.

UnforgettableLemon said:

Not Penny's boat. Essentially, evidence that Naomi was not who she said she was and that Ben and Lock may be right.
i hope for locke's sake he is. i would think he has to be if they're keeping it going for this much longer.

does a episode still film 2 weeks before its due to air??

i remember watching a special for Season 1 that mentioned this.
don't know if it still applied to Seasons 2 and 3

I'm a few weeks behind you lot, and a few weeks ahead of Aus/rest of world, so forgive me for being on my own timetable here.

Wow, though! Theories are: 1, Jacob is Christian. Jacob/Christian is the dead dude in the coffin. Now, before anyone laughs at such a far-fetched idea, bear with me. The visions the Losties have had on the island have all so far been from people who are still living, no? Locke seeing Walt, at least. Not too sure about Kate and the horse she saw... :lol: Jack saw his father in an earlier season, chased him, never caught him. He did ID his body in the morgue, but why was the coffin on the 815 flight empty, and where was his body in the wreckage? Is Christian really dead at the end of season 3? I took the photo one of you posted of Jacob and played with it a bit. After a while it began looking like Christian. But it also looked like the man who walks his geriatric Cattle Dog up the road from me. Ah, who knows. The father thing fits in some ways, though, being a guy no one had any lost love for before the flight and crash. The person Jack phoned tearfully might have been his mother. No? "Mum, I've just read... I'm sorry", etc. Christian is a strange character. Always found him very curious as well as bloody irritating. Also worth musing over is the guy in the chemist where Jack is trying to get his 'script filled says "Give him a break! He's a hero twice over" Once for the lady who he saved on the bridge, but the other time must be for something he does to help get them rescued, surely? If you're going to give great credit at this stage (end of season 3), then surely Charlie is the hero award winner. What will Jack do which gives him 2 hero statuses? Has to be something worthy of publishing, and for a guy in the street (so to speak) recognise him. Obviously, the return/rescue of the Losties will make huge news because the wreckage was mysteriously 'already found and there were no survivors'.... Was this Naomi who told them this, now that I think of it? Hmm, maybe strike that as credible in the storyline... She's as full of dung as Juliet.

Anyhow... Kate I reckon is pregnant, end #3, and in the airport scenes with beardy Jack has since given birth and is trying in vain to live a normal life with the chameleon Sawyer (the father). If Kate is not living on the island, would that ensure she lives through childbirth? That could explain her lack of interest in returning. She is pretty adamant. For a girl who was on the run to now refuse point-blank to return to the one place no one could find her?... What makes gyspy Kate now desire such stability? We shall hopefully find out.

Apologies for bumping this thread, by the way. I only saw the last 4 eps last night, so I'm still digesting it all.

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) -- Three days after the controversial finale of "The Sopranos," the two creators of "Lost" on Wednesday promised that their hit ABC drama would not conclude in similarly murky fashion.

"We will not be ending with a blackout," said Carlton Cuse, referring to the black screen that delivered an unresolved ending to HBO's mob drama.

He and Damon Lindelof told electronic-media professionals at the annual Promax/BDA conference that they fleshed out a plan for the for the last three seasons of "Lost" during a recent writers' "minicamp."

"Lost" will end in spring 2010 after 48 hourlong episodes, 16 per season. Lindelof said "Lost" has to move from asking more questions to answering the questions posed during the series' run.

"Obviously, we can't wait to the 48th hour to say, 'Here are all the mysteries of the show,' " Lindelof said. But Cuse also noted the reality of the sometimes vociferous and heavily engaged viewership of the show, which uses the Web to advance theories and post explanations and even freeze-frames to parse further meaning.

"I'm not sure there is any ending that will satisfy everyone," Cuse said. "Our hope is that the ending will be ... the logical conclusion of the story."

Cuse said the first season was about the Oceanic Flight 815 survivors landing on the island and realizing they weren't going to get rescued. The second season was about the hatch, and the third season was about the Others.

"Next season, well, we'll talk about that later," Cuse said.

While "Lost" viewers will have to wait till next year to see the next TV episodes, Cuse and Lindelof said in the fall there will be a series of "Lost" mobisodes featuring the entire cast and rolling out first on Verizon Wireless and then probably appearing on ABC.com. They said they're keenly aware of the eight-month gap between last month's finale and the return of "Lost" at the beginning of next year.

"How do you keep the show alive in the minds of the audience in that time?" Cuse asked. They're also planning to go back to San Diego's Comic-Con International, where the show was launched in 2004, to address May's Season 3 finale and what they had in mind.

Cuse said the mobisodes, about 90 seconds each, will give hardcore "Lost" viewers more information that they probably weren't going to get through the show itself. What it won't be, they said, was a mini version of "Lost."

"It needs to be interesting enough and well produced enough that people feel they're getting enough bang for their buck, even if it's free, the bang for their time," Lindelof said.

Lindelof said the negotiations for the talent took a long time, but they wanted to make sure that all of them were involved in the mobisodes.

"Nobody wanted to see two people sitting on a beach that we've never heard of talking and saying, 'Hey, did you hear what Jack and Kate did today?' You want to see Jack and Kate. It's taken us three years to get those deals in place," Lindelof said.

Cuse said there are 37 ancillary parts to the "Lost" brand from T-shirts to mobile phone applications to a planned video game. It led to a discussion of several missteps, including the tie-in novel "Bad Twin" that Cuse said didn't meet their bar and the introduction of two previously unseen survivors, Nikki and Paulo.

The characters came out of "Lost" viewers' questions about why the show focused only on the same 12 characters and not the "socks," the unnamed survivors who provide the background around the camp. Cuse said "socks" comes from the term "sock puppets," which the writers call the extras.

"We're like, 'Trust us, you don't care about those guys,' " Lindelof joked.

They said they realized almost immediately that adding Nikki and Paulo was a mistake, even before the viewer outcry. Many of the scenes they shot would get cut on the editing room floor, not because of the actors but because they were concerned about how they fit into the story. Lindelof said that it was a lesson for the writers to stay true to the show's vision even if the viewers don't seem to like it.

"We buried them alive," Cuse said of Nikki and Paulo. "OK, you guys don't like Nikki and Paulo, there."

Dalton said:
I really hope that this show ends with the survivors being rescued by bear grylls. Seriously, if HE had been on that plane, they would be home now.

Oh you silly man, you.

Back
Top Bottom