LOST: Season 3 (16 straight weeks of joy) - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2007, 02:44 AM   #391
War Child

Local Time: 01:12 AM
i'm not convinced that Charlie is dead. Desmond has a habit of not telling all re: his flashes, and that porthole is conceivably big enough for Charlie to swim through...

Old 05-24-2007, 02:51 AM   #392
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dr. zooeuss
i'm not convinced that Charlie is dead. Desmond has a habit of not telling all re: his flashes, and that porthole is conceivably big enough for Charlie to swim through...
Actually, I think Charlie's gone for good. One of the producers has confirmed it pretty solidly in a TVGuide interview:

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...vent/800015786

Old 05-24-2007, 07:32 AM   #393
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Seriously, though...why didn't the dumb-assed junkie just swim out the porthole...? Fuckin' retarded.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:56 AM   #394
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:12 PM
Oh My.
That was some finale.

At least now the VW bus episode has some real purpose...way to go Hugo.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:01 AM   #395
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 09:12 PM
I'm going to have to get this season's dvd when it comes out - I missed most of the shows when they changed the time to 10 p.m. .

At least I have until January .
Old 05-24-2007, 09:00 AM   #396
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by If you shout...
Seriously, though...why didn't the dumb-assed junkie just swim out the porthole...? Fuckin' retarded.
Let's see water gushing in a porthole that's about 18" in diameter, that force would have to be tremendous, especially given the depth, even if you were some made up superhero like Aquaman you would have a hard time swimming out of that room! So I'd hold off on "retarded" labels.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:00 AM   #397
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by bonosgirl84

Personally, I'd have to say that the actual man of this episode was Sayid, who managed to knock a guy off his feet and snap his neck - with a gag in his mouth and his hands tied behind his back.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:37 AM   #398
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Smallville

Let's see water gushing in a porthole that's about 18" in diameter, that force would have to be tremendous, especially given the depth, even if you were some made up superhero like Aquaman you would have a hard time swimming out of that room! So I'd hold off on "retarded" labels.
But once the water level reached the top of the room, if he could hold his breath long enough, then he could get through...if he could fit.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:38 AM   #399
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
What a finale. I think I'm ready to come back to Lost now, after barely watching this season.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:08 AM   #400
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by DreamOutLoud13

This was explained in a Juliet episode a few weeks back. Women who conceive on the island end up mysteriously dying during their pregnancy, which is why the Others brought Juliet to the island. Since she was a fertility expert, they thought she could fix it, but she couldn't (but Ben still wouldn't let her leave).
This is also why the Others kidnapped everyone's kids and Claire and wanted Sun (and any other possible pregnant Losties). The revelation that women who get pregnant on the island die is significant, because for a while there was an uncertainty whether Sun got pregnant on the island by Jin, or whether she got pregnant before they left by the bald guy she was sleeping with, but it was revealed in Sun's episode, when Juliet did an ultrasound on her, that she got pregnant on the island (which was basically a death sentence for her).

Also, Ben is totally not Alex's father, that would be way too stupid. He just kidnapped her when he was a baby (just like the kidnapped the kids from the tail end of the plane etc.) and raised her as his own.
No no no no no. I'm not talking about being conceived on the island. I'm talking about being a parent back home. I was looking at Rose and Bernard and wondering if they had any kids (not as a couple, but on their own) and I couldn't recall any mention of it. Then I started thinking about everyone else and nobody really talks about immediate family back at home. (They're all mostly dead anyway )
Old 05-24-2007, 10:46 AM   #401
New Yorker

Rose and Bernard did not get together until later in life....i can't remember if Bernard had a 1st wife that died or some such thing...but I am sure they would not have had any children together...plus she was sick before arriving on the island....and once there...her sickness subsided....

one other thought about who was in the coffin....it seems as though i recall Jack driving into the community which had mainly black people around...and the funeral director was black.....could it have been a black charactor? I was trying to think who else on the island is black besides Rose...and Mr Echo?
Old 05-24-2007, 10:54 AM   #402
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Quote:
Originally posted by Daddysgonnapay
I was trying to think who else on the island is black besides Rose...and Mr Echo?
Michael and Walt.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:08 AM   #403
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by PlaTheGreat
No no no no no. I'm not talking about being conceived on the island. I'm talking about being a parent back home.
Michael is a parent.

Also, Sawyer supposedly has a daughter named Clementine.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:13 AM   #404
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:12 PM
Last nights episode was Fucking Masterful in every way. Hurley was so kick ass proving to Sawyer that he can help out the team. Maybe Juliet was in the Casket?
Old 05-24-2007, 11:25 AM   #405
Blue Crack Addict

I thought about Charlie swimming out the porthole as well, and really was willing him to do so. But instead he used the time to warn Desmond about the freighter and against a rescue from Penny. He died like a true hero.

...oooorrrrr he just wouldn't have fit through the porthole and would have died anyway.