LOST: Season 3 (16 straight weeks of joy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LemonMacPhisto said:
I don't want to sound racist, but Jack seemed like he was in a predominantly black part of town. Maybe it was Michael, under another name, in the casket. It definitely would fit the "survived by one teenage son"

could John Latham be an anagram? And presumed suicides in movies are rarely suicides.

Why would you sound racist??? See this is what happens when we live in a PC Liberal World.

Because I would be stereotyping the black guy in the black neighborhood. I'm normally not very "PC" but I still don't want to offend anybody with my kind of far-fetched idea.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Have we ever got the answer for the 6 toed statue?

it was 4 toes wasnt it :hmm:

i liked this season's finale a lot.
it would very interesting if season 4 uses the island has a bae for flashbacks.

if Penelope didnt know Niaomi, how does Naiomi know Desmond??
Ben said her boat was looking for the island :hmm:

LemonMacPhisto said:
I don't want to sound racist, but Jack seemed like he was in a predominantly black part of town. Maybe it was Michael, under another name, in the casket. It definitely would fit the "survived by one teenage son"

You must be thinking this is set in South Africa during the Apartheid era when they had pass laws or perhaps in Israel?

In California there are not "parts" of town designated for certain races.

and if you were paying attention Micheal was an Architect / Builder that had lived in Manhattan or some place like that?

I am not trying to come down on you like a ton of bricks.
I have looked at things the same way that you did and have challenged my reasoning, to set aside bias (I did not even think I had).

So when we think of Michael, we should describe him as a well educated Architect/ builder, indeed he used these skills on the island.
When he is not on the Island it should be assumed that he would be successful and living in what most would not call a "black part of town".

Last edited:
I didn't mean to sound rude or crass or anything in my statement, but if you think about it this way:

Most of the people on the island had nothing to go back to, and if you look at that fishy "suicide" report, maybe you can assume Michael was on the run from something or someone. If this is in L.A., I think it's safe to say that there are still ethnic ghettos or just ethnocentric places inside town. It would make sense for someone to try and blend in if they are hiding.

Michael is a successful architect like you said, and under any other circumstances it would be wrong to group him as the "black guy in the black part of town." Again, I'm sorry if it sounded like I was generalizing and sounded overly ignorant, I really did not mean to.

I don't think you were rude or a bad person at all

we all have bias'

I know I still have them and
I am about 3 times your age
(I looked at your profile, my bd is June 17)

My guess is John Lantham is John Locke

if this ten years in the future
all he had to do was impregnate someone a few years before the plane crash :shrug:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Yeah we should live in a world where it's ok to say black = poor.:|

More like is it our business to know a persons status a person is a person. Why to we have to mark some one or generalize?

but lets not turn this into a FYM topic.

LemonMacPhisto said:
you can assume Michael was on the run from something

Oh sure, we can assume he is on the run

because he is a criminal

most blacks are criminals.

just kidding,
just kidding,
just kidding

I read the just kiddings, don't worry.

And cool about the June birthday, I can't wait until mine :up:

I don't remember Michael being a successful architect.

Wasn't he kind of down on his luck and unable to provide for Walt as well as his ex wife and that's why she wanted him to give up his rights?

phanan said:
Survived by one teenage son? Perhaps it is Michael after all, but under a different name.

And why would Michael Change his name? Because he killed two people on the island to get off thinking nobody would come home.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I said this exact theory a few pages back and was worried I would come off the same way....but I agree about it being a black person in the casket...I own my own floral business in a very big town....and I do quite a bit of funeral work...and....don't take this wrong...but black people go to black funeral homes with black funeral directors....so this was something I noticed when Jack went to the funeral home...of course, I could be completely wrong:|

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Exactly, less generalizations would be nice in this world. Hence not assuming such neighborhoods as black, brown, etc...

Quit with your PC preaching, don't turn this into a FYM thread!

I can't wait till the next season!

Justin24 said:

More like is it our business to know a persons status a person is a person. Why to we have to mark some one or generalize?

but lets not turn this into a FYM topic.

No one was doing that. If Jack were driving through KoreaTown
(a district of LA) and the people on the street were Korean and the funeral director was Korean, chances are the Show director was making you think someone Korean (Sun or Jin ?) was in the coffin.

There are some parts of SoCal which ARE predominantly black, vietnamese, latino, hispanic, Korean, etc. Not by design.

If a TV show director casts 3 or 4 black guys in a street, and a black funeral director, he's trying to make us think the person in the funeral director is black.

The writers for the show have been saying that after the season three finale, we'd be aware of a huge shift in the parameters of the storyline... now that the season three finale is settling in, i'm realizing, especially in light of the flash forward with Jack, that "Lost" – as the title of the show refers to more than their being on the island... they were//are all "Lost" in their lives as well.

Because of characters like Jack and Sayyid, I had never thought of it that way, because they both seem fairly "together," but seeing Jack after their return from the island, the term "Lost" has larger implications than their being on (or off) the island.

Kudos to the writers for bringing the storyline back to "civilization" half-way through the story; so many other writers would end the storyline at the same time that they get the characters off the island; this way they've made it clear that the story is about more than the characters' physical location.

toscano said:

If a TV show director casts 3 or 4 black guys in a street, and a black funeral director, he's trying to make us think the person in the funeral director is black.
What about the fact that the funeral director asks a very white Jack if he is a family member of the deceased?
( I know there are interracial families, but this fact takes some steam out of the assumption that the funeral is for an African American becuase the people outside the parlor on the street happened to be the same).

Hewson said:
What about the fact that the funeral director asks a very white Jack if he is a family member of the deceased?
( I know there are interracial families, but this fact takes some steam out of the assumption that the funeral is for an African American becuase the people outside the parlor on the street happened to be the same).
[/QUOTE

What was he supposed to say ? "Why are you here white boy?" ??

Doesn't take anyy steam out of it all, many extended families these days are interracial, I have both Hispanic and Lebanese relatives that way

dr. zooeuss said:
The writers for the show have been saying that after the season three finale, we'd be aware of a huge shift in the parameters of the storyline... now that the season three finale is settling in, i'm realizing, especially in light of the flash forward with Jack, that "Lost" – as the title of the show refers to more than their being on the island... they were//are all "Lost" in their lives as well.

Because of characters like Jack and Sayyid, I had never thought of it that way, because they both seem fairly "together," but seeing Jack after their return from the island, the term "Lost" has larger implications than their being on (or off) the island.

Kudos to the writers for bringing the storyline back to "civilization" half-way through the story; so many other writers would end the storyline at the same time that they get the characters off the island; this way they've made it clear that the story is about more than the characters' physical location.

There's also a possibility Jack/Kate and some others got off the Island, but some were left behind and Jack feels guilty and that's why he wants to go back. Or the story could move completely to the mainland, and the Island times will be the flashbacks rather than the other way around

There were rumors of a split - and here's what I think. We'll see Desmond get back to the 815ers just in time to relay the message. Those that believe him will go with Locke, the others will leave with Jack. Those that remain will probably join the remainder of the others. Could be twisted.

Back
Top Bottom