LOST: Season 3 (16 straight weeks of joy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hewson said:
But once the water level reached the top of the room, if he could hold his breath long enough, then he could get through...if he could fit.

But it was a strugle just to hold his breath to get there!

Smallville said:

Let's see water gushing in a porthole that's about 18" in diameter, that force would have to be tremendous, especially given the depth, even if you were some made up superhero like Aquaman you would have a hard time swimming out of that room! So I'd hold off on "retarded" labels.

No you wouldn't. At least not if you understood that the pressure would OBVIOUSLY be equalized, once the water'd filled the room. Don't freak out because I'm hating, or anything, cuz I'm not. I largely enjoyed the finale. Just because an episode finally didn't completely suck, though, doesn't mean that there weren't plenty of examples of bad, lazy writing. This is one of them, for better or worse.

Personally, I'll go with "better," since Charlie is one of the show's more intolerably annoying characters, as a rule. I hope he doesn't come back too often, and I suppose that a moronically written ending was fitting for as moronically written a character as that one. Quite poetic, in the end.

Anyone have screen caps of charlie and the porthole. I just want to see exactly how big the hole was, to see if he could have concievably fit through.

From memory, I thought it looked like he could have squeezed through, but I think some photographic evidence is called for.

Lancemc said:
When Sawyer just straight-out murdered Tom in cold blood, I literally JUMPED out of my seat and knelt down in front of my television in shock.

I did the same thing again when Walt appeared at the edge of the pit,although it wasn't quite as shocking once I thought about it some more.

And I did the exact same thing a third and finale time as soon as I realized who was driving the car behind Jack at the airport.

:lol:

If you shout... said:

No you wouldn't. At least not if you understood that the pressure would OBVIOUSLY be equalized, once the water'd filled the room.

Of course it would, that's obvious, but he'd still have to hold his breath for the additional time that it took the last few inches to fill and then manuever out.

phanan said:
It's probably not far-fetched that the "o" could be an "a" since we can't see it clearly.

Which could mean it was Jacob.
I thought that, but the "a" type in the paper is the same as the font here, not like a circle with a line on the right side, it really doesn't look like it could be an "a", though its a possibility.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Could it have been Sawyer?

J-ames Ford.

But what about Kate saying she needs to get back before he wonders where she is. something along those lines?

A Crazy Theory.

"Well if you look at it alot of it has to do with Jack and his father. Most of the characters meet jack at some point. Maybe that tatoo he got some how affected time and space. So he thinks he is saving everyone by getting off the island. But by doing so it seems he is the only one affected by all this. Hence the pill popping and suicide attempt. So maybe he needs to save himself by going back to that island. Everyone was sucked in by his bad karma thank to that tatoo maybe??"

OK

so a lot of questions have been answered

they are in real time
on a real location

and they get rescued - off the island

but here are some questions I have left

1. what is/ was that black smoke that chased them thought the jungle?

2. what was it that grabbed the pilot out of the plane in one of the early episodes?

3. how does Locke's father just show up in the box / room?

4. if Locke leaves, is he paralyzed again?

in writing these questions

the only answer is that the island is some "magic - supernatural" place

where "miracles" happen.

I just can't see a real time / real place explanation for all of those things.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Could be anyone...

It really could.

Or it could be a character that hasn't even been introduced yet.

So could the guy in the obit, and whoever's in the casket...

Deep, I think the answer to #3 is that he was brought there by the others.

Well, I think there will be a connection to the book "Bad Twin". Am I the only lostie on here who has read it? It was written by a passenger who died on the flight.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/2006-05-02-lost-book_x.htm

I believe that the girl worked for Penny's father. I think her father has something to do with the Dharma project through the Hanso Foundations

I was disappointed in Locke killing her. That REALLY bothered me. I think he could have done something to take the phone out of her hand without killing her. Unless Jacob communicated iwth him somehow. I believe Walt was the smoke monster.

Does anyone else love how Ben tells the truth when it suits him.

I think it was Michael's Funeral.

Last edited:
Interesting read here regarding the newspaper obituary:

http://www.paulscheer.com/blog01.html

But we have to remember that whatever name actually is on the newspaper clipping, it still could belong to one of our known characters, providing they changed their name after leaving the island (and let's face it, plenty of them would have a reason to)

But I also have a new off-the-wall theory. FutureJack had basically been flying back and forth between LA and various locations in southeast Asia and Australia. So according to that obituary, whoever died was hung from a beam in their lost, but somebody else in the building (presumably some sort of security guard) heard loud noises shortly beforehand, which makes it suspicious.
So here's my theory. Jack went to go see whoever lived in that loft, and tried to convince him of exactly what he'd try to convince Kate of: That they needed to go back to the island. Perhaps the mystery figure had some sort of power to put Jack back on the island (if the character is indeed going to be a new one, named after Jeremy Bentham, then it's likely that he would), or at least Jack thinks he does. Regardless, the man refuses, and Jack storms out to go catch another flight. But right after he leaves, the man hangs himself, and Jack finds out on his way back to LA, and feeling remorse (and also despair, because the man who, in his mind was his only way back to the island is dead) decides to jump off the bridge.

Lancemc said:
Anyone have screen caps of charlie and the porthole. I just want to see exactly how big the hole was, to see if he could have concievably fit through.

From memory, I thought it looked like he could have squeezed through, but I think some photographic evidence is called for.

These are the only ones I could find on the site where I found the note cap

weird.JPG

writing.JPG

This is posted where I found the screencaps, don't have any idea if it's really someone who works on the show. It is the "official site of the creative team".

This was posted over at the Fuselage as a version from someone that they suspect works on the show.

"The body of John Lantham of New York was found shortly after 4 am in the 4300 block of Grand Avenue.

Ted Worden, a doorman at the Tower Lofts complex, heard loud noises coming from the victim's loft.

Concerned for tenants' safety, he entered the loft and found the body hanging from a beam in the living room.

According to Jaime Ortiz, a police spokesman, the incident was deemed a suicide after medical tests. Latham (sic) is survived by one teenaged son.

Memorial services will be held at the Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral Home tomorrow evening."
Source: The Fuselage

I don't want to sound racist, but Jack seemed like he was in a predominantly black part of town. Maybe it was Michael, under another name, in the casket. It definitely would fit the "survived by one teenage son"

could John Latham be an anagram? And presumed suicides in movies are rarely suicides.

wow.... just saw the finale... and I can honestly say that those were the 2 most exciting hours of tv I've ever experienced.

The posibilites are endless as to where they might take it from here. I'll watch it again during the weekend... to mucho info :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom