LOST: Season 3 (16 straight weeks of joy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm not convinced that Charlie is dead. Desmond has a habit of not telling all re: his flashes, and that porthole is conceivably big enough for Charlie to swim through...

If you shout... said:
Seriously, though...why didn't the dumb-assed junkie just swim out the porthole...? Fuckin' retarded.

Let's see water gushing in a porthole that's about 18" in diameter, that force would have to be tremendous, especially given the depth, even if you were some made up superhero like Aquaman you would have a hard time swimming out of that room! So I'd hold off on "retarded" labels.

bonosgirl84 said:

Personally, I'd have to say that the actual man of this episode was Sayid, who managed to knock a guy off his feet and snap his neck - with a gag in his mouth and his hands tied behind his back.

:up:

:up: :wink:

Smallville said:

Let's see water gushing in a porthole that's about 18" in diameter, that force would have to be tremendous, especially given the depth, even if you were some made up superhero like Aquaman you would have a hard time swimming out of that room! So I'd hold off on "retarded" labels.
But once the water level reached the top of the room, if he could hold his breath long enough, then he could get through...if he could fit.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

This was explained in a Juliet episode a few weeks back. Women who conceive on the island end up mysteriously dying during their pregnancy, which is why the Others brought Juliet to the island. Since she was a fertility expert, they thought she could fix it, but she couldn't (but Ben still wouldn't let her leave).
This is also why the Others kidnapped everyone's kids and Claire and wanted Sun (and any other possible pregnant Losties). The revelation that women who get pregnant on the island die is significant, because for a while there was an uncertainty whether Sun got pregnant on the island by Jin, or whether she got pregnant before they left by the bald guy she was sleeping with, but it was revealed in Sun's episode, when Juliet did an ultrasound on her, that she got pregnant on the island (which was basically a death sentence for her).

Also, Ben is totally not Alex's father, that would be way too stupid. He just kidnapped her when he was a baby (just like the kidnapped the kids from the tail end of the plane etc.) and raised her as his own.

No no no no no. I'm not talking about being conceived on the island. I'm talking about being a parent back home. I was looking at Rose and Bernard and wondering if they had any kids (not as a couple, but on their own) and I couldn't recall any mention of it. Then I started thinking about everyone else and nobody really talks about immediate family back at home. (They're all mostly dead anyway :wink: )

Rose and Bernard did not get together until later in life....i can't remember if Bernard had a 1st wife that died or some such thing...but I am sure they would not have had any children together...plus she was sick before arriving on the island....and once there...her sickness subsided....

one other thought about who was in the coffin....it seems as though i recall Jack driving into the community which had mainly black people around...and the funeral director was black.....could it have been a black charactor? I was trying to think who else on the island is black besides Rose...and Mr Echo?

PlaTheGreat said:
No no no no no. I'm not talking about being conceived on the island. I'm talking about being a parent back home.

Michael is a parent.

Also, Sawyer supposedly has a daughter named Clementine.

Last nights episode was Fucking Masterful in every way. Hurley was so kick ass proving to Sawyer that he can help out the team. Maybe Juliet was in the Casket?

I thought about Charlie swimming out the porthole as well, and really was willing him to do so. But instead he used the time to warn Desmond about the freighter and against a rescue from Penny. He died like a true hero.

...oooorrrrr he just wouldn't have fit through the porthole and would have died anyway.

Incredible episode.

I think that Matthew Fox's acting (While wearing that beard), was his best so far.
I truly loved that show last night.

U2DMfan said:
big question:

who was in the casket?
===========
I agree that the island becomes the flashback and there is a transition to the future in the seasons to come.

I think Juliet was in the casket since's neither friend or family (in the future). Penelope will find the island and the helicopter chick is part of another team of people wanting to find it (like Penelope's team).

The oceanic survivors will take over but it's temporary until the outsiders move in.

Last edited:
Does it seem like everything ties in with Jack?? And I was reading other message boards were people say so now we know they get off the island. What if the only person that really needed saving was Jack?

Lancemc said:
I thought about Charlie swimming out the porthole as well, and really was willing him to do so. But instead he used the time to warn Desmond about the freighter and against a rescue from Penny. He died like a true hero.

...oooorrrrr he just wouldn't have fit through the porthole and would have died anyway.

Or Charlie could have just run out the door and secured it from the other side. Seriously, he had time to close the door AND turn around and see the unkillable pull the pin. Talk about a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Point two: if the woman on the helicopter turns out to be part of a rogue group not attached to Penny does that mean that Desmond's flashes can't be trusted?

Point (?) three: What if it was Jack in the coffin and this turns out to be some doppleganger thing...

Dalton said:

Or Charlie could have just run out the door and secured it from the other side. Seriously, he had time to close the door AND turn around and see the unkillable pull the pin. Talk about a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Or maybe he was remembering what Desmond told him about his vision: that he would die in a hatch filled with water and THEN Claire and the baby would be rescued by a helicopter. Maybe there couldn't have been one without the other.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

What does that mean?

In the Futur flash the only one to be suffering was Jack and Jack also suffered before going on the island.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18831266/

"Anagram alert! Hoffs Drawlar = Flash Forward"

newspaperclipping2.jpg

Dalton said:

I think he was trying to save Desmond's life. The water pressure from the explosion could have easily made it impossible to close the door, or for them to get the gear and leave.

Dalton said:

Point two: if the woman on the helicopter turns out to be part of a rogue group not attached to Penny does that mean that Desmond's flashes can't be trusted?
Not necessarily...

Dalton said:

Point (?) three: What if it was Jack in the coffin and this turns out to be some doppleganger thing...
:huh: That would have made all the "flashforwards" useless.

Justin24 said:

In the Futur flash the only one to be suffering was Jack

Well they only focused on one, we saw glimses of Kate but that's it.

But I still don't get what you mean by only Jack needed to be saved? Saved from the island? Like everyone else should have stayed?

Justin24 said:

and Jack also suffered before going on the island.

How do you figure?:huh:

Back
Top Bottom