LOST: Season 3 (16 straight weeks of joy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I seriously thought I had everything figured out right up until the very moment Locke turned on his flashlight. Then my jaw was practically on the floor for the rest of the episode.

Great episode! I was totally surprised too.

It will be interesting to see how Locke gets out of this mess. :hmm:

How the hell did Richard not age between when Ben was a boy and now?!

I have to say this show is getting interesting again.
It seems to be wading in the shallows there for a while, it's heating up.

Good stuff tonight. Locke still rules.

Holy crap. I missed the last twenty minutes of the episode last night because I had to leave, but I just watched it online, and just, holy crap.

This show is totally back on the ball :drool: It's crazy and it's cracktastic, and it's the Lost I adore :love:

Also, Jacob WAS visible for a few moments. Slow-mo clip and screencaps:

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2007/05/11-frames-of-jacob.html

Yeah, I always record Lost because there are WAY too many commercials, and I zoomed back and froze the frame to see the shadowy figure of Jacob. I was trying to discern if it was a familiar person or not, but obviously you couldn't tell. Interesting, though.

And I agree that the last few episodes seem to have picked up the pace nicely. This is the way the show should be. I just hope that by agreeing to another three years we don't go through more stretches like we did earlier this year (and to some extent, last season).

lost-jacob.png

I'm left wondering why Ben would shoot Locke. Surely he knows that Locke won't die since he seems to have special healing powers on the island, so what was the point? Sheer desperation for some reason?

Unless there is another twist (and there very well could be), it appears that Juliet will betray Ben as I thought, which just makes way too much sense after all he's done. The other obvious thing is that it's quite clear she and Jack have a thing for each other, so why wouldn't she?

phanan said:
I'm left wondering why Ben would shoot Locke.
Locke must be athreat to Benry. He says only he talks to Jacob, but suddenly Locke can hear him (and it seems Benry didn't hear Jacob say "help me" to Locke, so was he putting on a show?)

And the rest of the "others" definitely see something in Locke, they didn't respond when Benry called on them to stop Locke from pummeling Eye Patch, and a few have approached him saying they've been waiting for his arrival etc.

Good points–

I don't think it's granted that Locke can't die though.

...Richard and some of the 'others' pre-dated the Dharma Initiative on the island, and don't appear to have aged at all... did anyone recognize any other of the 'hostiles' besides Richard?

Thanks for the Jacob screen-capture- I thought I saw something there for a second-

It should be interesting to hear the conversation between Jack, Sayeed, Juliet and the rest- may be some island secrets revealed there too- I think Juliet and Jack must know things we haven't heard yet either.

trevster2k said:
Remember the polar bear which appeared from the comic book Walt was reading. Maybe the island turns thoughts, active or passive, into reality. Or something like that. Perhaps Ben faked his illness to manipulate Jack and the rest. Who knows?

The polar bears (my belief goes) came from the Dharma experiments. Remember when the hatch was first opened and the tape reel showed that footage of the experiments with the polar bears? Then Mikhail (dude from the communication hut') spoke of the war between the Others and Hostiles? I am reckoning that all hell broke loose, the animals involved escaped capture and roamed free. This little theory of mine I am backing up by the shark in the episode where Walt and Michael, Sawyer, and Jin take the raft. After Walt is taken away and Michael and Sawyer start arguing on the floating debris, the shark swims around. We froze this to double check because my husband saw the Dharma symbol imprinted on the sharks' tail.

We have spent probably days in total discussing possible theories. I have about 3000 questions and few answers. One which is bothering me is Rousseau and her saying on the distress signal that 'it killed the others, it killed them all', but then later she tells Sayid that she killed them (her team). Anyway, battery is about to go dead on the laptop. Mustn't post more.

Yep. And Sawyer was also kept in a bear's cage when they were kept captive by The Others.

Remember the fish bicuits?

Anna, if you haven't already, you might like to browse around these forums.

Hewson said:

wow...good eyes peeps.....I was probably too busy rolling my eyes during this part....I was amazed at how silly it was...did not see Jacob....but Locke getting shot...total surprise! I agree that he most probably will not die though

Holy :crack:.

Those people have even more time on their hands than some Interferencers.

I also like Lostpedia for keeping facts straight. I've spent a lot of time there.

Careful for spoilers, though (they'll warn you).

I love a good theory. Even the bad ones, like this one are great. It's a brilliant theory... in a way, but they're so elaborate! I do have to wonder what makes people come up with them. Though, if the writers make the final solution something as ridiculous as this I think I'll damage the tv.

I think I could lose hours at both these sites.

I REALLY enjoyed this latest episode, being that it was free of invisible men and other such ridiculous bullshit. I'm not sure, though, that Desmond wasn't telling Charlie the truth.

We never got the typical insight we do, into his visions, in this episode; like, we never actually saw what he saw. What if he seriously did need to go down there...? I guess that I can't help but think thusly, given the fact that there're still the equivalent of two full seasons to go. I'm not feeling helicopters next year (cuz it'll obviously happen no sooner than that, given this show's track record), already, so I feel like perhaps Charlie's little run-in with whoever the fuck was in The Looking Glass had something to do with the fact that he was...well, Charlie. Rather than Desmond.

I don't fucking know. What I do know is that I'm REALLY getting sick of this stupid-ass bullshit where only the last four episodes of a season of Lost are watchable. Same thing happened, last year (minus the first couple, which I admit to enjoying heartily), and likewise with the first (which I wouldn't have watched if I weren't playing catch-up on DVD, knowing that the show would eventually--after a painfully long, drawn-out, and boring season--get to a point where things'd be interesting). Whatever. Booya.

I cried a bit for the first time in a long time, tonight, while watching Lost.

Hmmm.....Why didn't Julliet warn them that there were people guarding the underwater station?

I think Juliet is clearly still working with Ben and setting them up.
How would Ben intercept them as they show in the previews otherwise.

The part about going to the radio tower wasn't planned, though, until the last minute. How would she have known before to tell Ben when the decision wasn't made until just before they left?

I think the preview is throwing us off on purpose, trying to get us to think that Juliet is now stabbing Jack and the rest in the back and going back to Ben. While this could still happen, I don't think it will.

Although the preview did show the Others arriving at the beach, however. Surely if Juliet had warned Ben, they wouldn't be walking into that trap, would they?

No, something else is going on here.

I haven't watched a full episode in a long while, so I can't really comment completely about what's been going on. I did watch last night however. I wished they hadn't spent the duration of the episode planning the attack on the others, and got to some of the action before it ended, and of course now it seems all for nothing since they showed Ben in the previews catching up to Jack. I know nothing is as it seems with Lost, but it was still a little boring for me last night. :shrug:

I did like that Charlie was trying to sum up the greatest moments of his life and write them down for Claire. I think it would take me a long while to think about my own life in that way. on a side note, Juliet had to know that the station was guarded, right? I still think she's evil.

Back
Top Bottom