LOST, Season 2 - Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently two of the new cast members are having a really good time in Hawaii...

"Lost" Stars Find DUI Trouble

By Sarah Hall
Fri Dec 2, 5:21 PM ET

Two of the stars of Lost have found themselves in trouble.

Michelle Rodriguez, who plays the tough-talking ex-cop Ana-Lucia on the ABC drama, and Cynthia Watros, who plays the somewhat mysterious psychiatrist Libby, were busted separately on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol early Thursday morning on the Hawaiian island of Oahu.

The cops nabbed Watros, 37, first at 12:05 a.m., after she was observed weaving on the Pali Highway, the road connecting the cities Kailua and Honolulu. Rodriguez, 27, was arrested at 12:20 a.m., after she too was seen operating her car unsteadily on the same stretch of road, according to police records.

Both women failed field sobriety tests and were taken into custody.

Rodriguez and Watros each posted $500 bail and were released Thursday morning. They are scheduled to appear in Kaneohe District Court on Dec. 29.

Publicists for the show and the actresses' reps declined requests for comment on the arrests.

Honolulu police spokesman Captain Frank Fujii said he hoped the high-profile arrests did not send the wrong message to the public.

"The news is not who got arrested, the news is a reminder that we should not be drinking and driving and it's very timely with respect to the holiday season," Fujii told the Honolulu Advertiser.

While Watros is not known to have a prior police record, it's not the first time Rodriguez has had a driving-related run-in with the law.

The Blue Crush star previously pleaded no contest to three misdemeanors--a hit and run, driving with a suspended license and driving under the influence--stemming from two different incidents that occurred in Los Angeles back in 2003.

Rodriguez was also arrested in 2002 for assaulting her roommate; charges were later droppedwhen the woman declined to pursue the allegations in court.

As a result of their arrests, both Watros and Rodriguez will automatically have their licenses revoked, which could complicate their commutes to that mysterious island, er, the set of Lost.

The brain-teasing show continues to rack up monster ratings for ABC in its second season, consistently pulling in around 20 million viewers each week.

Fans also seem to like the option of downloading the show via the iTunes Music Store--the two most recent episodes of Lost ("What Kate Did" and "Collision") were the top two video downloads on the site as of Friday.

Beginning early next year, Verizon Wireless customers will be able to get their Lost fix over their cell phones, when the Emmy-winning series launches its first spinoff, Lost Video Diaries. Each mobisode will run several minutes and will be available exclusively to mobile phone users. 

The next new episode airs on January 11th
Coucou10.gif

Queen Bee said:

Well, November sweeps month is over. A majority of TV shows go on a temporary hiatus over the holiday season and usually return in mid-January in time for February sweeps. This is common with all TV shows on major networks.

I am still going to pout about it:grumpy:

I miss Lost

Michelle Rodriguez, a star on ABC's "Lost," complained after her arrest for drunken driving earlier this month that police were taking away her freedom.

Officers pulled Rodriguez over early on Dec. 1 after spotting her black Mercedes allegedly weaving down Pali Highway in the Honolulu-bound lanes from Kailua.

Another "Lost" star, Cynthia Watros, was arrested 15 minutes later on the same road when police saw her car also moving erratically.

Both allegedly failed sobriety tests. Rodriguez had a blood alcohol level of 0.145, nearly twice the legal limit of 0.08, according to documents obtained by KITV-TV.

KITV quoted court and police documents that said Rodriguez was "very argumentative" and kept interrupting the officer who was explaining drunk driving sanctions to her.

"I don't (expletive) belong here! Why don't you just put a gun to my head and shoot me! You've already taken my freedom! You might as well take my life too!" she said, KITV reported Friday.

The officer who took Rodriguez in a police car to the Kailua substation quoted her as saying "Just take my car and I'll walk all the way to the North Shore but don't leave me in the back of this car poppie."

Rodriguez' lawyer declined comment.

I know how ya feel DIS..I am a bit P/O we have to wait so fecking long...

On the DUI topic: WTF where they thinking:huh: If I was a well paid actress I would always have a driver when I go out to drink:tsk:

MrsSpringsteen said:
I miss Lost

Michelle Rodriguez, a star on ABC's "Lost," complained after her arrest for drunken driving earlier this month that police were taking away her freedom.

Officers pulled Rodriguez over early on Dec. 1 after spotting her black Mercedes allegedly weaving down Pali Highway in the Honolulu-bound lanes from Kailua.

Another "Lost" star, Cynthia Watros, was arrested 15 minutes later on the same road when police saw her car also moving erratically.

Both allegedly failed sobriety tests. Rodriguez had a blood alcohol level of 0.145, nearly twice the legal limit of 0.08, according to documents obtained by KITV-TV.

KITV quoted court and police documents that said Rodriguez was "very argumentative" and kept interrupting the officer who was explaining drunk driving sanctions to her.

"I don't (expletive) belong here! Why don't you just put a gun to my head and shoot me! You've already taken my freedom! You might as well take my life too!" she said, KITV reported Friday.

The officer who took Rodriguez in a police car to the Kailua substation quoted her as saying "Just take my car and I'll walk all the way to the North Shore but don't leave me in the back of this car poppie."

Rodriguez' lawyer declined comment.

My my, she is dramatic, isn't she? :shame:

so does anyone have any actual theories about the show?

you know, the numbers, why they wound up there, who else is on the island...all kinds of stuff we could talk about here...

I can barely remember what the show is about since it's been gone for so long.:wink:

I'm just thrilled new episodes are going to be back fairly soon...then again I've missed so many of the first ones this year any episode is practically new for me. I should set up my vcr to tape it since I can never remember to actually watch the damned thing. :huh:

bonosgirl84 said:
so does anyone have any actual theories about the show?

you know, the numbers, why they wound up there, who else is on the island...all kinds of stuff we could talk about here...

Deep's theory from the first thread was interesting...

Originally posted by deep
This is just wild speculation on my part

But, it seems there may be departure points

in this story

one is when Kate and the cop get in the car wreck

they hit a tree, he gets knocked out and saved by the air bag

no air bag for her
and she is not hurt?

the horse causes the accident

when she kicks cop out of the car and backs out from collision with tree
the car is not damaged?

so the departure point ?

is the car wreck

every thing after that is not reality
that is why the horse is on the island

each person most likely has their departure point

from reality.

one example

did Ana Lucia really survive being shot six times?

didn't they say the shooter used armor piercing bullets

trevster2k said:
I can barely remember what the show is about since it's been gone for so long.:wink:
I know...isn't it the show about Marshall, Will and Holly on a routine expedition till the greatest earthquake ever known...and the Sleestack?

Tonight is the night. I am so excited:hyper: What seacrets will be revealed??? Will they continue to leave us in total suspense.

According to Evangeline Lily, we get to actually see the monster tonight. (She was on TRL)

kellyahern said:
Is the one at 8 p.m. a clip show? The 9 p.m. one is new.

From what I hear, the 8 pm show is a season highlight package, followed by the new one. I had high hopes for this show...aside from hockey, news, and music, it's the only show that I really follow on television. It better get good again, or I'm gone :sad:

Last edited:
Queen Bee said:

I found this at another message board:

Edit-

I'm having a hard time it making out any faces though :der:

Damn, that's good. They really had that up pretty fast! My first impression was of a woman, and as I type this, I'm thinking it might be the Virgin Mary, like in the figurines...:hmm: Or maybe Echo's mother?

Whatever it is, the show is officially back :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom