LOST, Season 2 - Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My only guess is that they scheduled a rerun for tonight concerned with competing with ladies' Figure Skating, except for the fact that the event is Tues and Thurs this time out, not the traditional Wed/Fri.
So really who the heck knows.

Probably an electromagnetic disturbance in TV scheduling.

Either that or they fell a week behind in filming due to all the delays bailing various cast members out of Honolulu jails.

Mofo said:
that sucks, I knew they were going to show a new episode until next week, but it's weird that they would show the pilot

this is what happens

when the numbers don't get entered in time

there is a time warp and we go back to the beginning

------------------------------------------------

When I get to the bottom
I go back to the top-------

Go helter skelter
helter skelter
helter skelter
Yeah, hu,

whew! I just remembered tonight's Lost night and it's damned near over, so I'm tickled it's a rerun. :)

Of course, I'll probably forget again next week too. :rolleyes:

Man, Ethan in a doctor's coat was just creepy. And I almost didn't recognize ol' Zeke without his hillbilly beard!

Can anyone fill me in on the last five minutes? My brother called, and so I missed the conversation between Locke and the guy in the locker. All I could tell is that whatever he said, it pissed Locke off pretty badly.

miss becky said:
Man, Ethan in a doctor's coat was just creepy. And I almost didn't recognize ol' Zeke without his hillbilly beard!

Can anyone fill me in on the last five minutes? My brother called, and so I missed the conversation between Locke and the guy in the locker. All I could tell is that whatever he said, it pissed Locke off pretty badly.

yeah, the guys said "Why do you let the doctor call the shots" and Locke said "No one calls the shots around here" and then he left the vault. He went out to the kitchen, paused and then threw all the dishes to the ground in a fit of rage.....hmmm interesting, I think we are going to see the evil side of locke come out:hmm:

finally some answers lastnight:| but I am still not entirely satisfied....

and what was up with Mr. Eko?

That conversation between Locke and "Henry Gale" (wasn't that Dorothy's uncle in the Wizard of Oz?) convinces me that he's an "other". And it seems the "others" may be part of the Dharma initiative, obviously they aren't marooned people in rags with scraggly beards.

I don't really understand what they're doing with Locke's character. At first, he was the know-it-all island guru who was part mystic, part priest. He was likeable, mysterious, and interesting.

Now with the "beating up Charlie" incident, getting fooled by Sawyer, and falling for the old divide and conquer strategy from Henry Gale, he seems like a totally different person. Just doesn't make sense to me.

I am glad Claire finally realized that Rousseau saved her and was never trying to harm Arron.
I really liked how the "flashbacks" all took place on the island.. it felt as if the plotline was advanced much more thoroughly. Can we look forward to more eppi's like this, as sort of filling in the blanks from past episodes?

stammer476 said:
I don't really understand what they're doing with Locke's character. At first, he was the know-it-all island guru who was part mystic, part priest. He was likeable, mysterious, and interesting.

Now with the "beating up Charlie" incident, getting fooled by Sawyer, and falling for the old divide and conquer strategy from Henry Gale, he seems like a totally different person. Just doesn't make sense to me.

I agree. I mentioned before how I didn't like how Locke was protrayed in the Charlie episode, and since then, it hasn't gotten any better. What is up with him lately?

Perhaps a new Locke flashback episode will help answer that, but for now, I don't like what they are doing with him, either.

stammer476 said:

Someone on another board brought up that maybe Locke is reverting to who he was before the crash - the put upon box company employee who doesn't like others telling him what to do. That he could only keep up this "island guru" persona for so long :shrug:. He was so angry after his conversation with Gale because he realized Gale saw through his persona and was able to pinpoint his insecurity.

I miss guru Locke too :(.

My theroy as to what Mr. Eko is doing with the trees: At first I thought he was putting together some kind of altar, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that he's probably building something a little more on the practical side. He's the only one who's looked the... security system in the eyes(black smoke/fog), so to speak, and he's had some combat experience when it comes to The Others.

I hope he's building a neat trap for Zeke and the gang.

Dismantled said:

yeah, the guys said "Why do you let the doctor call the shots" and Locke said "No one calls the shots around here" and then he left the vault. He went out to the kitchen, paused and then threw all the dishes to the ground in a fit of rage.....hmmm interesting, I think we are going to see the evil side of locke come out:hmm:

finally some answers lastnight:| but I am still not entirely satisfied....

and what was up with Mr. Eko?

Thank you!

I thought the episode was pretty good. I felt so bad for Rousseau when she finally learned that her daughter was alive. Not that I expected Claire to invite her to come back to the camp or anything, but I still felt bad that she went back to her lonely little hidey-hole.

Hewson said:
That conversation between Locke and "Henry Gale" (wasn't that Dorothy's uncle in the Wizard of Oz?) convinces me that he's an "other". And it seems the "others" may be part of the Dharma initiative, obviously they aren't marooned people in rags with scraggly beards.

You are correct Hewson!
The fact that Henry Gale is "Uncle Henry" from The Wizard of Oz should squash any debate over whether he is an "other" or not.
I did further research and found out the ballon deminsions "Henry" metioned would not support two people for a two week trip.
Things that make you go:hmm:

Carmelu2fan said:

You are correct Hewson!
The fact that Henry Gale is "Uncle Henry" from The Wizard of Oz should squash any debate over whether he is an "other" or not.
I did further research and found out the ballon deminsions "Henry" metioned would not support two people for a two week trip.
Things that make you go:hmm:

I'm convinced Henry is an "other." Between the look he gave Sayid as he was leaving the vault, the crap about "Heny Gale" as a Wizard of Oz character, the look that Ecko gave him as he left the vault, and the fact that he's trying to get into Locke's head; I think the writers are making it pretty obvious.

Hewson said:

Well said. I think The Others are Dharma scientists as well. I also didn't recognize Zeke without his beard. Very interesting....

Henry Gale looks really familiar too. I have a feeling we've seen him before now, perhaps in a season one episode. I just can't put my finger on it. Either way, he gives me the creeps. The fact that he couldn't remember how deep his wife's grave was made me queasy.

Hewson said:
i noticed the wizard of oz connection when he said 'henry gale' too.

'zeke' is also a charachter from the wizard of oz - he's one of the farmhands and the cowardly lion.

does anyone else think that the 'he' that zeke was talking about in the hallway with ethan, is actually henry gale?

U2ME3 said:

"One of Them"

Back in FLASHBACK, Sayid is being used to translate the interrogation of his own commanding officer. The Americans are looking for a missing helicopter pilot and they know Tariq can lead them to him. But the commander refuses to cooperate. And Sayid's continuing loyalty clouds his own involvement, despite the threats of what's to come.

Sayid is introduced to a man who has some information about what kind of man Sayid's boss really is. He tells Sayid it is very important they find the missing helicopter pilot, but he knows Tariq will never talk to him. That's why Sayid is going to have to make him talk to him. And so Sayid goes back inside the holding room with Tariq. Only this time he brings a few things with him. Horrible things…

I just watched this episode again during my lunch break and I realized that the American commander that "encourages" Sayid to speak with Tariq is in fact Kate's father.

I also watched "Maternity Leave" and in one of Claire's flashbacks, there were close-ups of the bottles in the medicine cabinet, with serial numbers (or batch numbers or whatever they're called on medicine bottles) 4-81516-23 42.

:hmm:

stammer476 said:
I guess this is why some people just wait to buy the DVD at the end of the season. :rolleyes:

I think that's what I'm going to have to do for this season. I didn't have a working tv for the first three or four episodes and now I'm so out of the habit of watching it that I keep missing it. I think I've only seen one or two episodes this whole season. :(

The scheduling of Lost seems to be much more haphazard this year. Obviously, you are going to get stretches of repeats, but I can't remember another show recently where we had so many new episode-old episode-new episode scheduling...

Perhaps it would be better if they aired Lost like they do with 24. Start it later in the year so you get more consecutive weeks. Runs much more smoothly that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom