LOST, Season 2 - Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again..............

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060113...xkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBjMHVqMTQ4BHNlYwN5bnN1YmNhdA--

Lost star
Cynthia Watros will soon find out all about Hawaii's public transit system.

The actress appeared in Oahu's Kaneohe District Court Thursday to plead guilty to a drunken driving charge stemming from her arrest last month.

In turn, District Judge James Dannenberg suspended the actress' driver's license for 90 days, fined her $370, and ordered her to undergo an alcohol assessment and receive 14 hours of counseling.

"I'm sorry," Watros, 37, said after entering her plea.

Per a deal with prosecutors, an addition count of illegal lane changing was dropped.

"This is no fun, but you know how much worse it could have been. Get on with your life, and I wish you luck," Dannenberg told Watros, per the Associated Press.

Watros, who joined the cast of the hit ABC drama this season as Libby the psychologist, was arrested Dec. 1 after she was spotted driving erratically on the Pali Highway, the road connecting the cities of Kailua and Honolulu on the island of Oahu.

Fifteen minutes after Watros' arrest,
Michelle Rodriguez, another second season addition to the Lost cast, was also nabbed by police after displaying suspect driving abilities on the same stretch of road.

After failing field sobriety tests, both actresses were taken into custody and later released on $500 bail.

While Watros ultimately elected to admit her mistake and pay the price, Rodriguez opted for a different tactic.

The Girlfight star, who was described as "argumentative and rude" at the time of her arrest, entered a not guilty plea at her arraignment. Her trial was set for Mar. 30.

Watros enjoyed a definite advantage over Rodriguez in that she had no prior criminal record. Rodriguez, on the other hand, is on probation for three driving-related violations in California and as a result, was charged with a second count of driving under the influence at last month's arraignment.

"In the state of Hawaii, we can charge it as a second offense because any offenses that occur in other jurisdictions in the United States also qualify," city deputy prosecutor Sean Sanada said.

As a result of her drunk driving arrest in Hawaii, prosecutors in California have filed a motion in Los Angeles Superior Court to revoke Rodriguez's probation. A hearing in the matter is scheduled for Jan. 24.

In other Lost news, the series finally sated its fans with a new episode Wednesday night after more than a month of reruns. The episode drew 20.6 million viewers and was handily the night's most watched show.

Lost star Cynthia Watros will soon find out all about Hawaii's public transit system.

Thoughts:

I think that the writings on Eko's stick are infinitely important. One of the most striking is Relevation 3:

Revelation 3
To the Church in Sardis
1"To the angel of the church in Sardis write:
These are the words of him who holds the seven spiritsof God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. 2Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of my God. 3Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you. 4Yet you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy. 5He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels. 6He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

That is pretty interesting, if you ask me.

I also am reminded that when Locke was grabbed by the monster it only let go of him when he basically gave up. He told Jack to let him go and the black smoke promptly set him free. Ecko: same thing. He didn't show fear and he was not harmed.
The pilot is the confusing part....why did it spit him up and put him on top of a tree? On a related note; this is the 3rd "tree" scenario that has brought about the black smoke thing.

1. The plane in the tree with the pilot in the plane
2. That huge bird in Exodus in the tree screeching before the thing showed up
3. Charlie is climbing a tree in this last episode

Completely random theory but is it at all possible that this "security system" doesn't want people high enough up to see the entire island?

Meh thats not it.

But, I think there are two different "monsters". I think there is this black smoke thing that sees the lives of the people on the island and then there is a different thing that grabs pilots out of planes.

that scripture really is interesting in how it could relate to the island. especially the part about overcoming and being worthy. what about the nine who were taken from the second beach? didn't the guy tell anna lucia that they weren't on the list because they were good people? it's been so long it's hard to remember. but that would make sense because two of them were children.

also, i don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the numbers add up to 108 - the same amount of minutes between each time they have to enter the code and push the button.

significant? who knows. i spend waaaay to much time thinking about this show.

U2SavesTheWorld said:
On a related note; this is the 3rd "tree" scenario that has brought about the black smoke thing.

1. The plane in the tree with the pilot in the plane
2. That huge bird in Exodus in the tree screeching before the thing showed up
3. Charlie is climbing a tree in this last episode

Completely random theory but is it at all possible that this "security system" doesn't want people high enough up to see the entire island?

Meh thats not it.

But, I think there are two different "monsters". I think there is this black smoke thing that sees the lives of the people on the island and then there is a different thing that grabs pilots out of planes.

I never thought about the tree correlation - very interesting theory.
I wonder how this monster thing is going to play out as the season progresses, especially if there is more than one monster on the island. It seems like we're likely going to see more of the monster given the new development with Mr. Eko's confrontation. I'm all for it :up:

bonosgirl1984 said:
what about the nine who were taken from the second beach? didn't the guy tell anna lucia that they weren't on the list because they were good people? it's been so long it's hard to remember. but that would make sense because two of them were children.

When Ana-Lucia started to grow suspicious of Goodwin he told her that Nathan (was that his name?) wasn't on the list because he wasn't a good person. He assured her the strongest people on the list were taken first. He also said the list compiled of "good people" and the children were fine and in a better place.

Edit: It wasn't mentioned in this thread, but there's a site that has a comprehensive list of the number references: Season 1 / Season 2

Last edited:
QB, I didn't know you watched Lost!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Also, my friend pointed out a theory about the electromagnetic field on the island:

The reason why the button needs to be pushed every so often is to release the heavy magnetism the island has. That's why when Jack leaned next to that door his chain start to attract towards it.
Anyways, the whole reason why planes and ships keep crashing is because SOMEONE forgets to push the button. After Desmond crashes on the island whats-his-face runs out and beckons him to come and see the button.

Sorry if someone's already posted this but I can't read the other pages right now. :(

Queen Bee said:

I wonder how this monster thing is going to play out as the season progresses, especially if there is more than one monster on the island. It seems like we're likely going to see more of the monster given the new development with Mr. Eko's confrontation. I'm all for it :up:

:up: For the first time, I'm looking forward to the monster scenes. They have the potential to be more intriguing and less gimmicky now. I guess they'll always be a little gimmicky, but Lost is best when the scare factor keeps you from thinking about the implausibility of it all.

Thanks for the links!

The new issue of TV Guide has a picture of Jack and Ana-Lucia getting a little friendly. Looks like he's going in that direction, seeing as how Kate has been really close to Sawyer of late.

Eko is indeed a very intriguing character, but let's hope Locke isn't put on the backburner completely. We haven't seen him that much lately.

Locke is still the man, phanan...If you remember the previews to tonights show some one knocked him out :ohmy: So I think they will be showing some Locke action tonight. :hyper: I am looking forward to the search for Walt too.

Locke : :drool:
I want more Locke storylines. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Anyways, you reminded me with all this Sawyer/Locke talk.
Has anyone ever seen the Sawyer song?
It's based on the annoying Llama song that will never leave your brain:
Llama Song
That's the original and someone Lost-i-fied it and I find myself singing it CONSTANTLY, so there's a warning.
Sawyer Song

omg:scream: the LLAMA SONG!!!!!!Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It's a bit disappointing that they didn't try to get some more answers out of Zeke. I was expecting Jack to ask Zeke how his people got on the island. Did anyone else notice how Zeke looked a bit confused when Jack brought up Ethan? Pretty interesting...

Oh, and French lady's daughter! I wish Alex could've been shown on sceen when she brought Kate over to Zeke.

Ooh, Rousseau is gonna be so pissed when she learns her kid has been hanging out with a gang. :wink:

Stupid Kate. This is precisely why I don't like her. She always has to butt her nose in, and now look what it got her. I hope she learns from this.

Nice to finally get the answer about what happened with Jack's marriage.

And I loved Sawyer's final words to Zeke...yeah, those two have a reckoning coming up. I can't wait! :hyper:

Queen Bee said:

He looked the same to me :shrug:

Maybe it was just because we couldn't see him very well in the dark - I don't know. He just came across different to me, although I'm probably just imagining things. They showed him on the boat in the previous scenes before the show began, so it has to be him.

They had his eyes glowing very strangely, though.

I was a tad disappointed last night. I thought the first major meeting with the Others would have been more suspenseful. They've always had this mysteriousness to them, and then they show up and say, "hey, leave us alone, and we'll leave you alone." That's it? :(

Tribal wars, however, sounds fantastic. Although, how could you successfully train an army with these guys always spying on you?

One thing that's bothering me...why did Locke wait this long to bring up the subject of Sawyer's real name? If he knew as far back as when they found the passenger manifest, why didn't he mention it then? They found Ethan the spy by using the manifest...wouldn't it be another red flag if he knew of someone who wasn't using the same name that was on the manifest? Or did he maybe just decide that Sawyer was too much of a jerk to be a spy? :wink:

miss becky said:
One thing that's bothering me...why did Locke wait this long to bring up the subject of Sawyer's real name? If he knew as far back as when they found the passenger manifest, why didn't he mention it then? They found Ethan the spy by using the manifest...wouldn't it be another red flag if he knew of someone who wasn't using the same name that was on the manifest? Or did he maybe just decide that Sawyer was too much of a jerk to be a spy? :wink:

My guess is because the writers just now came up with the cool idea that they're going to use concerning Sawyer's name.

I wonder how many of the others are there?
I think the "others" just left Mike, the French lady and the Aussie guy to roam the woods. Perhaps the "others" do not feel they are a threat. I have a theory on why they want the children. I think that is all about having a future generations of "others"
I am sure now that Jack and Ana will hook up and Sawyer and Kate will be getting it on very soon.

Damn this show is awesome:rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom