LOST: Season 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:yes:

I agree with what The Sweetest Thing said.

I think they're just taking their time making sure they explain every possible detail so that the superfans don't get on their case.

Not every episode is going to be spectacular, but if you take it for what it is.. a television show.. then you can just enjoy it for what it is.

Something I really like about this show is how someone in the background, or something on a shelf can have meaning. It reminds me of the old adventure games, and it's all very intriguing!

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
yeah, but it keeps the mystery...besides, we see what happened in the interim....

I read an article where they interviewed JJ Abrams and Damon Lindelof and they mentioned how much negative response they had received from the season finale (by the fans). I think the fans literally expected them to go inside the hatch and discover what was in there during the season finale. This is why Lost fans make me sick. Relax. They're NOT giving anything away--part of what makes Lost so charming is the mysteries. They can't spoil it or you'd have no show, no leg to stand on. Let the producers/writers do their thing. They'll get there.

Oh, I agree with what you say. I just didn't care for how they did things the last episode. If you keep the audience guessing by continuing to move forward in the story, that's fine. The scenes on the raft, where Sawyer and Michael are essentially just arguing back and forth, don't bring anything to the overall story (until the end when they find Jin). And while I appreciated more of the story in the hatch that leads up to the point where we were at already, I would have liked it to have been in order so you didn't end two episodes at the same time. Just nitpicking, really...

You're shitting me, now they have to babysit that computer every episode. So how big is the damn island anyway? We got Rousseau running around, the Others, Desmond is on his own little jaunt now, the survivors from the back of the plane and the original survivors.

I'm expecting Tom Hanks to make a cameo with Wilson anytime now.:wink:

trevster2k said:
You're shitting me, now they have to babysit that computer every episode. So how big is the damn island anyway? We got Rousseau running around, the Others, Desmond is on his own little jaunt now, the survivors from the back of the plane and the original survivors.

I'm expecting Tom Hanks to make a cameo with Wilson anytime now.:wink:

wilson, what are we gonna do now?
wilson...wilson...wilson!

the name's voit dumbass

kellyahern said:
The previews for next week look interesting. Jin speaking English, wtf? :yikes:

WTF were the first words out of my mouth. :wink: He had no accent either! :ohmy:

I missed a lot of the episode b/c I was watching the Sox game. What the hell is the deal with that computer??

That whole Dharma thing answered alot of questions

psychological experiments possibly are w/ the button

u saw polar bears

and a "utopian society", w/ that possibility of the Others being the other end of the plane

maybe it's all part of some huge experiment

U2democrat said:
ok desmond is hot. that accent got to me.

I agree. :drool: :drool: I might have to google for pics of him. :shh:

I wonder if the scientists just abandoned the experiments or are they still there?

Man, no wonder Desmond is crazy. The poor guy hasn't been able to sleep for more than an hour for three years! :yikes: But despite that, he really is awfully hot. :wink:

I have to admit I didn't see it coming, that twist about the girl being with the Others. That one shocked me.

Terry O'Quinn is such an amazing actor. I was in tears when he broke down after his father talked to him. He was robbed of that Emmy, I say.

Next week....Jin!

Has anyone read about that book, I think it's called either the Third or Fourth Policeman..it was shown very briefly in the hatch place last night

Rumor has it that the show is partially based on that book- you can't even find it in bookstores or libraries anymore, I'm not sure if it was JJ Abrams who mentioned it. I don't follow any Lost sites or anything, but I read some article online

I agree completely about Terry O'Quinn -he was in this movie in the 80's called The Stepfather. Anyone who hasn't seen that should check it out

miss becky said:
Man, no wonder Desmond is crazy. The poor guy hasn't been able to sleep for more than an hour for three years! :yikes: But despite that, he really is awfully hot. :wink:

I have to admit I didn't see it coming, that twist about the girl being with the Others. That one shocked me.

Terry O'Quinn is such an amazing actor. I was in tears when he broke down after his father talked to him. He was robbed of that Emmy, I say.

Next week....Jin!

Right on Miss becky...
Desmond=hot
Terry O'Qinn=Emmy material
Jin/The Others gal=WTF

I think next week we will get a few of our big questions ansewerd!!! Like Where the feck is WALT????:hmm:

I will post at length in the near future about why I don't think this season of Lost is as magical as last season ....

.... or perhaps I will continue to advertise that I will tell you what I think only to lead you to more questions.....:wink:

No, no, really, I will come clean....

MrsSpringsteen said:
Has anyone read about that book, I think it's called either the Third or Fourth Policeman..it was shown very briefly in the hatch place last night

Rumor has it that the show is partially based on that book- you can't even find it in bookstores or libraries anymore, I'm not sure if it was JJ Abrams who mentioned it. I don't follow any Lost sites or anything, but I read some article online

:huh:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2005-10-04-lost-literature_x.htm

miss becky said:

I don't think she is with the Others. I think that is the other group from the airplane. They are probably wondering if Michael, Sawyer, and Jin are with the Others themselves and are being cautious.

Unless I'm way off here...

phanan said:

I don't think she is with the Others. I think that is the other group from the airplane. They are probably wondering if Michael, Sawyer, and Jin are with the Others themselves and are being cautious.

Unless I'm way off here...
No, I think you're right on.

Of course how will they explain 2 groups of survivors on the island having never encountered one another over a 40 day or so period. With that attempted signal fire, Sayid mapping out the entire island etc., it seems a little unlikely.

OMG! How did I not find this thread earlier!

Lost has made me fall in love with my TV again.

Jack :drool:

Sawyer :drool:

And yeah, more questions than answers this season...I think that Alex, Rousseau's daughter is part of the gang of kidnappers that stole Walt. If you notice, a woman is driving the boat when Walt is being held captive and she's the one that throws the explosive unto the raft.

And Jin--I think he knows how to speak English.

Let's see what surprises are in store for us LOST fans tonight.....incert evel laugh***:evil: :mac:

angel_of_L.A. said:

If my wishes come true--more shirtless Sawyer scenes!

If my boyfriend's wishes come true--more Kate-in-a-bikini scenes!

:hyper:

Well looks like the boyfriend won...(Kate getting out of the show with nothing but a small towel!) Jack's face-:ohmy: :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom