LOST: Season 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like his Lost character, Hurley, Jorge Garcia, 32, has hit the jackpot – and without the aid of cursed lottery numbers. Not only is the former Borders bookstore clerk (who lost 30 lbs. this summer!) suddenly famous on ABC's Emmy-winning hit, but he also gets to live in Oahu, Hawaii, where the show films, with his sales rep girlfriend, Malia Hanson, their cat Little Ninja and new pup Nunu. PEOPLE.com recently caught up with the island's wisecracker, who clued us in on the new season, his jetsetting ways and – dude – screaming Scandinavian teen fans.

How much are you like Hurley?

A lot. Jorge is all over Hurley. We're both music freaks. When I worked at Borders' music department I amassed a huge collection. Right now I have about 49 days' worth of music in my iTunes.

What can we expect from Hurley in season two?

Well, the hatch is blown up, which he was against because of the numbers (on it), so how soon he's going to come to terms with that I'm not sure. He's going to take a stronger stand for certain things. I think his past is going to be a big deal.

The cast became very tight last year. You and Matthew Fox went to Tokyo for a weekend getaway?

Yeah. He called me up and he said, "Jorge, we get off work at 5 o'clock. Do you want to go to Tokyo with me for the weekend?" I was like, "Dude, there's no way you do that kind of thing." You just don't hop on a plane to Tokyo. You need to compare airfares, book hotels, plan your itinerary on the Internet. That's such a Hollywood thing to do. It took me a second to say yes.

And how was it?

We went to see Green Day perform. Matt knows the guys in the band. It was awesome.

Lost is big now all over the world. What's it like to get recognized?

Man, when I went to London over the summer – it was before the show even started airing there – (there were) screaming Scandinavian teenagers and French tourists. We got recognized all over the place.

Is it at least fun?

The fact that I'm meeting people from other countries? That's awesome. But sometimes it's not so cool, like if you are having an argument with your girlfriend at Disneyland and right then someone comes over and wants to take a picture with you. You're like, uh, sure.

You dropped about 30 lbs. over the summer. How did you do it?

The show has certain physical demands so I wanted to try and keep ahead of it before I have to try and run through the mud for a scene. So I worked out with a personal trainer over the summer and I just started eating better.

That's great.

Yeah. I am feeling a little more settled and grown-up and I want to take better care of myself. Hawaii is a great life. You can swim in the ocean and hike and play in the sun.

Now that you're on a hit show, how do you splurge?

I got a 46-in. LCD TV, and that was probably my biggest single item I purchased. Beyond that, I still buy the same stuff that I bought when I wasn't on the TV show. Instead of spending 10 or 20 bucks, I might throw down $200 on DVDs or books or CDs.

So do you miss having the Borders employee discount?

(Laughs) I don't have the employee discount any more, but I did sign up for the corporate account. The corporate discount is pretty good.

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
THEY'RE NOT IN PURGATORY.

The theory has been refuted by JJ Abrams and the writers countless times.

Maybe they're uh...just in denial cuz I'm right, haha! :p

just kidding, need to find a new theory then:wink:

What a F**ked up opening? Who the hell is that in the hatch?:ohmy:

What the f**K? that dude from the stadium. Did I ingest drugs and not realize it? Here we go again, more questions and less answers.

:banghead: in a good way :wink:

Next week preview, boat story, stadium dude to Locke, " are you him?"

Are you him who? AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I'm still glad it's back on the air though.:wink:

Holy shit!!

My first thought was, "Hey, Disco Stu's in the hatch!" Guess his name is Disco Desmond instead. :wink:

So one big question answered (and one little one, regarding whether or not Hurley was truly in the psych ward). But so many unanswered questions!

I guess that's why I love this show. They always keep us guessing.

miss becky said:
*whimpers* And no Sawyer!

Sawyer, next week.

I'm joking about the Bastards remark. They did show us the hatch this week and next week we find out what happened to the boat people.

Last edited:
looks like lots of sawyer next week....I wasn't watching to close and didn't realize it was stadium dude in the hatch.... I didn't see the finale last season so i didn't know about walt...will have to watch b4 next week...so exciting!!

that was a great opening sequence. i actually thought i was watching the wrong show for a minute there. :huh:

two things totally freaked me out:

- when that bright light shone out of the hatch right after kate fell in.

- when shannon saw walt.

and how the hell did desmond get in the hatch???

Am I the only person that suspected that Desmond was going to be in the hatch? I'm surprised at everyone's reaction. :huh:

lmjhitman said:
two things totally freaked me out:

- when that bright light shone out of the hatch right after kate fell in.

- when shannon saw walt.

Was Kate seen from again after she fell in? :hyper:

Yes! That Walt thing completely freaked me out. :yikes:

Queen Bee said:
Was Kate seen from again after she fell in? :hyper:
no. :hyper:

desmond said something kind of cryptic to jack like, 'until our paths cross again', or something like that, so i DID think he'd be in the hatch. but HOW???

maybe i'm looking too hard, but everything in the hatch looks so old, like from the 80's or something, and i don't think jack's been a surgeon for over 20 years, so could desmond have been in the hatch for 20 years?

it's all so confusing. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom