LOST: Season 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WildHoneyAlways said:
Wait. What was the whole thing with Kate at the hospital last year and the airplane in the box. I thought that was the guy she killed? :confused:

I am confused too. :scream:

that was the guy she loved this one was his father, good thing kate only kills people close to her:wink:

stammer476 said:
So then why do they die twice?

They wouldn't die twice if they are already dead.
The whole island would be an artifice to each character's self fulfillment (or whatever) and as each one of them reaches this path, they "die" or vanish.

I am not saying I think it's purgatory 100%, I'm just saying teh creator of the series may even be contractually obligated to deny it, even if it is.

What was Jack seeing when he saw his father during season one? Was that a magnetic field experiment? What about Locke getting use of his legs back?

U2DMfan said:

The whole island would be an artifice to each character's self fulfillment (or whatever) and as each one of them reaches this path, they "die" or vanish.

I am not saying I think it's purgatory 100%, I'm just saying teh creator of the series may even be contractually obligated to deny it, even if it is.

What was Jack seeing when he saw his father during season one? Was that a magnetic field experiment? What about Locke getting use of his legs back?

I just think the whole purgatory thing would be a easy way to answer everything and if people reach redemption Jack would've die after making peace with his father also

anadgemila said:
I'm curious about the fact that he married the woman that was his patient? In a past episode, it looked like they didn't actually get married and then he said he did recently. :huh:

well they showed them saying their vows so I think they got married

stammer476 said:

:hmm:

except that the producer already said that everyone isn't dead.

when did I ever say they were dead?

I said point of departure

comatose? rerhaps / altered state of consciousness / life support

that would explain the "hearing of voices" - approaching consciousness

deep said:

when did I ever say they were dead?

I said point of departure

comatose? rerhaps / altered state of consciousness / life support

that would explain the "hearing of voices" - approaching consciousness

point taken

again this is my own speculation

the point of departure theory

but

we have:

kates
ana lucias
walt's father (hit by car?)
is hurley diabetic? did he go into shock?
did charlie od
i am sure there are others
was there a p o d in lock's story?

did they pull the (shrivo) plug on shannon, boone, and some others?

just speculation

the voices, jack's early visions of people, unseen flying invisible animals

only in an altered state can these exist

U2DMfan said:

Exactly. :wink:

U2DMfan said:

I'm not buying that. Shannon getting shot, Boone crashing in the plane, Ethan getting pumped full of lead, some of "the others" getting smashed in the head with a rock . . . I don't exactly call that "self fulfillment." Doesn't add up.

U2DMfan said:

The visions (Jack's father, creepy Walt, Kate's Horse, even the polar bear) could be hallucinations, a common effect of dehydration. Also, the stress of living on the island with crash, fear of the others, threats of death; could cause delusions and mass hallucinations. These are common effects of post-tramautic stress disorder, especially the "flashbacks" of the horse, polar bear, Walt and Jack's Daddy.

As far as Locke's legs, my question still is: how did they become paralized in the first place? Was it through some sort of spine injury that could be "fixed" with another jarring hit in the crash? Was it a disease that could have been cured? Medical studies have mentioned the healing power of magnets, and with the hatch sending out large magnetic pulses, anything is possible.

It's a fun debate, and I'm sure we're doing exactly what the producers want us to do: get hooked. I just really, really hope that it isn't purgatory. That would be the lamest premise in television history.

That all being said, I did hear of a rumor that two of the writers quit after the first season to join Fox's "24." They said their reason for leaving was because the show was intended to only run one season, but with its unexpected popularity they had to revamp the entire story, and the process was chaotic. Basically, they were just making it up as they went along, episode by episode. In that case, this could all be a load of crap. I sure hope not.

Last edited:
stammer476 said:

Basically, they were just making it up as they went along, episode by episode. In that case, this could all be a load of crap. I sure hope not.

i don't see anyway how this can tie up nice and neat

the altered state
is the only way I can see it having any bit of credibility

the all dead in purgatory would be the worst

lets say (for the sake of my goofy theory)

they are all at a state of the art medical facility
that is doing research on comatose/brain dead? patients

they may even be sharing a common monitoring machine
(think cray super computer)

are not brain waves/ thoughts transmitted electrically and I guess chemically, too.

it is not the best theory,
but it may be better than what they serve up.

deep said:
lets say (for the sake of my goofy theory)

they are all at a state of the art medical facility
that is doing research on comatose/brain dead? patients

they may even be sharing a common monitoring machine
(think cray super computer)

are not brain waves/ thoughts transmitted electrically and I guess chemically, too.

it is not the best theory,
but it may be better than what they serve up.

that works. i just really hope you're wrong. i'd hate to watch this show for 6 seasons and find out the solution had nothing to do with the show's clues and was totally pointless. the writers would be rewarded for their laziness.

same reason i don't like the purgatory theory. since purgatory is an alternate world, there are no rules, and again, the writers can be lazy and come up with whatever the crap they want to without any accountability because "hey! it's purgatory!"

i'd like to put some hope in this show and where it's going.

stammer476 said:

same reason i don't like the purgatory theory. since purgatory is an alternate world, there are no rules, and again, the writers can be lazy and come up with whatever the crap they want to without any accountability because "hey! it's purgatory!"

i'd like to put some hope in this show and where it's going.

if they are ALL dead and in purgatory

than nothing matters and there is no relation to reality

in my theory,
some can regain consciousness, their loved ones can be at their bedside talking to them

they can be given stimuli, images i. e. polar bears, etc.

I doubt they are dead. I don't think the writers would do something as lame as that. I believe they have some sort of outline about the entire arc of the story drawn up already, and I doubt it would be something as silly as them all being dead.

Deep's theory is intriguing, although I'm not sure I'd like that to be the case, either.

deep said:

if they are ALL dead and in purgatory

than nothing matters and there is no relation to reality

in my theory,
some can regain consciousness, their loved ones can be at their bedside talking to them

they can be given stimuli, images i. e. polar bears, etc.

agreed. i like your theory better for these reasons, but it's still pretty "lazy" for the writers.

deep said:

was there a p o d in lock's story?

Could be when he was giving his kidney to Firefighter Gage, maybe he never woke up from the surgery, and DeSoto was at the firehouse making chili so couldn't revive him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom