Lost my £200 Creative Zen M

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bones58

The Fly
So I was at school today, and I'm walking to English then I check my pockets for the player... not there. So I think I might have put it in my bag... not there. So I go back and check all my classes... not there. So now I can only hope that somebody with a bit of honesty and decency returns it to the school office.

Has anyone else lost or had something stolen off them that was cost quite a bit of money? Did you get it back?

The only thing I've lost is a mobile phone (stupidly left one behind somewhere and got another stolen). I stick to getting the cheapest phones incase it happens again. Never got them back either.

Hope you find it again. If not, can you claim it back with any insurance?

I've left textbooks in classrooms. They aren't that special too me, but they can cost hundreds of dollars each.

Once I dropped my student ID card, which is technically worthless, but a student meal plan (for people living on-campus) costs about $1500 per semester and you can't get into the dinning halls if you don't show your ID card. This was a Friday so I didn't eat much all weekend and Monday morning the bookstore called to say someone had found it by there and given it to them.

I dropped my wallet in downtown Chicago a few months after I moved here. boy do I remember that day clearly. It was the day Sting was playing here for free and I got in line early in the day to hold some spots. My fiance met me for lunch and then after he left, I sat back down in the line and stuck my hand in my jacket to make sure it was there. Nope, my pants pockets...nope. I called him at work and he helped me backtrack where I had been earlier in the day and no one had seen it. I was spazzing at that point. My NY license, my credit card, atm card, about $40 cash....gone. Had to cancel the cards. I was lucky though....out of all the people who walk down Michigan Avenue here, a COP found my wallet. They sent a letter to my NY address from my license and I had to contact them here and go pick it up. Everything was intact. Amazing.

I only rambled on to show that you never know, someone honest may have picked it up, and I hope that's the case with you!! :hug:

Lara Mullen said:
Hope you find it again. If not, can you claim it back with any insurance?

It was christmas present off my parents. I'll wait till friday and ask them, if it doesn't show up, because they will be pretty mad when I tell them for not looking after it more carefully.

Bones58 said:
It was christmas present off my parents. I'll wait till friday and ask them, if it doesn't show up, because they will be pretty mad when I tell them for not looking after it more carefully.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll be okay about it.

I used to lose things all the time, I'm really forgetful. The first time I went abroad alone I got a lecture from my Dad about not losing my passport that went on for about 30 minutes. We were in the airport 5 minutes when there was an announcement for me to pick up my passport. He was not happy. :eek:

I'm sorry.
But the passport thing is funny. Could have been a scene from a movie ;)

When I came back from Australia my camera got stolen at the stopover in Singapore.
The camera itself wasn't that expensive, but what pissed me off was that I had some 400 pictures and videos from Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Australia Zoo and Cairns on it. I was so mad, and sitting in a plane for the next thirteen hours you just don't think about how mad you are about the loss of the pictures, that can't be replaced.

That's terrible, Vincent! I'd weep if I lost my photos from my favorite trips (and I'm NOT an emotional person).

A classmate had his best camera lens stolen while we were having a picnic on Mt. Kilimanjaro. He turned his back for a few seconds and it was gone. He was pissed b/c he had no other form of zoom for his SLR camera. The pics he did take at close range turned out pretty sweet though.

I had one of those fancy graphing calculators, and I left it on a bench in the locker room on campus. :scream: Somebody actually turned it in to the campus police, so I got it back. :happy:

Lancemc said:
Time to get yourself an iPod, my friend. :rockon:

Maybe Steve Jobs stole the Zen? :hmm:

But yeah, I can relate to losing things, or as I like to say "temporarily misplacing."

Found it! :D A teacher saw lying in the corridor and picked it up and I got it back today. I was verrryyy lucky. Thanks everyone for the help. And I refuse to buy an Ipod :wink:

Back
Top Bottom