'Lost' is Overrated - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2005, 10:58 PM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:06 PM
'Lost' is Overrated

I mean no offense to those who like the show, but I just think it's overrated. There are a good number of better dramas out there.

Old 09-18-2005, 11:00 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:06 PM
it won the emmy for outstanding dramatic series about two seconds ago

ive never watched it though

Old 09-18-2005, 11:08 PM   #3
Refugee

Yea, Six Feet Under, 24 and West Wing are so much better than "Lost". Lost has a bunch of pretty boys and girls who can't even act. West Wing has Aaron Sorkin. 24 is 'brilliant!" and Six Feet Under has Sports Nights' Peter Krause. We all know which shows should have won over Lost.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:12 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

The West Wing is not only the best show on television right now, it is one of the greatest shows in the history of television.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:19 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

I've always liked West Wing, but it hasn't been as good the last couple of years. The writing has suffered. Leo as the VP candidate? Come on.

And the reason it hasn't been as good is that Aaron Sorkin left a few years back - West Wing doesn't have him anymore and has suffered as a result.

But I disagree about Lost. It is a very good show. Yes, it's overhyped, and TV Guide has drooled over it a bit too much by saturating their covers with it, but it's very well done. I don't mind that it won, although 24 is awesome and could have easily deserved it as well.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:22 PM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

I don't know why people say that The West Wing has gone downhill. I agree it's not quite as good as it was in the first 4 seasons, but it's still damn good. No show on TV excites me as much right now. And I like Leo as VP.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:25 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:06 PM
I watched 1 1/2 episodes. When I realised I was about to gouge my eyes out with the remote control I stopped watching.

I just don't get it.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:25 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by timothius
I watched 1 1/2 episodes. When I realised I was about to gouge my eyes out with the remote control I stopped watching.

I just don't get it.
1 1/2 episodes of what? Are you talking about Lost or The West Wing?
Old 09-18-2005, 11:25 PM   #9
Refugee
Note: Troll-like

Location: The Morning After. Ranking: Troll of Interference. Interference Hotness Level: 3rd. Sex: Yes please.
Local Time: 10:06 AM
Wow, a thread after my own heart. Lost is trash TV for people who don't like depth.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:27 PM   #10
Refugee

Lost is filled with a bunch of wanna be actors who couldn't cut it in real tv shows/movies, but because they're so attractive, that got on the show.

And for those who were watching tonight, did you see the reaction on that one guys' face who is even a part of Lost? It was almost as if he was thinking, "Uhhh shit....I never expected our crappy show to win."
Old 09-18-2005, 11:30 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR

1 1/2 episodes of what? Are you talking about Lost or The West Wing?
Lost, being the topic of the thread.

The West Wing is good stuff, although not a regular view for me.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:41 PM   #12
Refugee

Another thing I discovered about Lost, that I'm sure you have as well -

Is that it's so racially diverse.

You have your African male, middle eastern, austrailian female, american actors, african-american's, South Korea, Latino/a, Canada, and of course your Tolken Old Guy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the show for trying to bring a bunch of cultures together, I'm bashing the reason WHY, to me, it seems like it won, was because it's so racially diverse, and that is the only positive thing about the show, because the script, acting, and music is so horrible.

It's like those movies that win Best Picture - 3.5 hour epics, or movies with HUGE budgets that were made just to win best picture.

I like quality for something to win, and if Lost was good, along with being racially/culturally diverse, I'd say sure great. But it just falls in with those best pictures that shouldn't have won just because of the budget and other non-artistic reasons. I'm getting off topic, I know, I'm just rather upset by Lost winning.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:53 PM   #13
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:06 PM
I think Lost is overrated as well. A lot of my friends watch it, so I do a lot of skimming when they talk about it on Live Journal.

I think The West Wing is overrated, too.

To be fair, though, I don't care for any dramas on TV right now, so I think all of them are overrated.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:20 AM   #14
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:06 PM
i've still never seen it. my family is hooked on it, and a show has to be pretty hyped up or totally random something no one watches in order for my family to care. so therefore, i'm inclined to think it's overrated. but who am i to say if i've never seen it.

i've hit my quota for show obsessions for the next several years already. i'm staying away.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:26 AM   #15
Refugee
Note: Troll-like

Location: The Morning After. Ranking: Troll of Interference. Interference Hotness Level: 3rd. Sex: Yes please.
Local Time: 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fan101
Another thing I discovered about Lost, that I'm sure you have as well -

Is that it's so racially diverse.

You have your African male, middle eastern, austrailian female, american actors, african-american's, South Korea, Latino/a, Canada, and of course your Tolken Old Guy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the show for trying to bring a bunch of cultures together, I'm bashing the reason WHY, to me, it seems like it won, was because it's so racially diverse, and that is the only positive thing about the show, because the script, acting, and music is so horrible.

It's like those movies that win Best Picture - 3.5 hour epics, or movies with HUGE budgets that were made just to win best picture.

I like quality for something to win, and if Lost was good, along with being racially/culturally diverse, I'd say sure great. But it just falls in with those best pictures that shouldn't have won just because of the budget and other non-artistic reasons. I'm getting off topic, I know, I'm just rather upset by Lost winning.
Exactly, too many races is not realistic.