Lost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justified

Refugee
so who is all watching this tv show? I am tempted to watch it but did not want to see the premier because seeing a plane crash for entertainment freaks me out.

Lost :drool:

ABC is airring the pilot episodes as a 2-hour movie tonight at 9pm. Go watch it now if you're in the east coast!

The plane crash portion was my favorite aspect of the pilot episode(s). I wasn't too intrigued with the sub-plot about what creature was lurking about in the island, but it should be interesting to see how that unravels in future episodes. :up:

I knew there was something I wanted to watch tonight! Oh well, I did see it on the first go round. It's pretty good, if I can remember when it's on I'll keep watching (I can hardly remember what day it is, so that could be a challenge!).

Justified said:
so who is all watching this tv show? I am tempted to watch it but did not want to see the premier because seeing a plane crash for entertainment freaks me out.

I tried to watch it but the plane crash REALLY freaked me out. Without giving anything away, there were several moments in the first episode where I had to change the channel :yikes:

I caught the last half of the first episode and I think I missed the second one (was there a second one or did the series premier last week?). I guess I'll just wait around for the re-runs now.

I think this will be interesting, but I have 2 plot issues already:

-They may eventually answer this, but I don't thin there is any physical way for a plane to rip apart solely due to turbulence - I think the plane would have had to hit something in midair. I guess this could be a possibility since they were so off-course and had no radio.

-In the second episode, they try to use the transceiver and hear a distress call that they calculate has been repeating for over 15 years - how would there be electricity/batteries to go for that long? Unless there is electricity/people elsewhere on the island...

Those are the things I'm watching for them to answer :eyebrow:

Any bets on how long before Kate and Jack 'hook up'? I'm shocked they haven't already :rolleyes:

Really good show! I'm enjoying it so far. If the creature becomes something like a bear mixed with a dinosaur, then I'll change the channel.

HelloAngel said:
If the creature becomes something like a bear mixed with a dinosaur, then I'll change the channel.

I hope that the creature doesn't end up being something that uncreative. Plus I don't think that JJ Abrams (creator/writer) would do something that obvious. I heard that he's quite irritated by the Jurassic Park comparisons the show's received.

I'm totally hooked, but I can't decide if it's because the show is actually good, or because they're simply stringing me along.

I like to support ex-LOTR stars though. :up: And the guys are all pretty hot.

the commercial where the guy goes 'guys....where are we???' cracked me up all summer.

i'm not watching it. i can't be bothered to watch any tv show regularly.

bonosloveslave said:
I think this will be interesting, but I have 2 plot issues already:

-They may eventually answer this, but I don't thin there is any physical way for a plane to rip apart solely due to turbulence - I think the plane would have had to hit something in midair. I guess this could be a possibility since they were so off-course and had no radio.

-In the second episode, they try to use the transceiver and hear a distress call that they calculate has been repeating for over 15 years - how would there be electricity/batteries to go for that long? Unless there is electricity/people elsewhere on the island...

Those are the things I'm watching for them to answer :eyebrow:

Any bets on how long before Kate and Jack 'hook up'? I'm shocked they haven't already :rolleyes:

I have a friend that is a pilot.

It is hard to watch movies with him without him saying, "that could not happen."

I tell him that for movies to work we must suspend disbelief.

What kind of criminal is Kate?

The suspense is the hook.
The production values are high.

I will have to catch it this week. I got all excited when I saw Matthew Fox is on this show. :heart: :drool: he was the only reason I watched Party of 5.

Well, you just know someone's going to get chomped by the "whatever" sometime soon...:ohmy:

deep said:
it could have been edited to 10 minutes.

You know what annoyed me the most? The fact that I knew that they'd never tell us why Kate was a prisoner in this episode. Everytime it was brought up, I waited for a lame reason for her not to say what she did and I wasn't proven wrong. :down:

I really hope that the promo for next week's episode wasn't misleading again. Did anyone notice a creepy anonymous guy in a suit lurking in the bushes? :hmm:

Last edited:
I was reading E! Online's Watch with Kristin transcript from last week and found this theory to be particularly worthy to mention...

From nikkinick9: What is with the polar bear on Lost?
Here's one theory, from my genius friend Glenn, who got it from his genius friend Steve: Lost's "monster" concept is borrowing from a Star Trek episode called "Shore Leave." (Stay with me here.) In the episode, the crew lands on a planet where strange things keep happening, and they turn out to be physical manifestations of what's on people's minds. We're not positive, but we think there was a polar bear in the kid's comic book, which he's flipping through before they encounter the polar bear in the jungle. (Anyone remember?) Anyway, just a thought to make you go hmmm...

Interesting. :hmm:

bear10.jpg

I downloaded the promo for next week's episode. Creepy anonymous guy does indeed appear in the promo.

suitguy.jpg

suitguy2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom