Loose Change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pub crawler

New Yorker
How much loose change do you collect before you bring it to the bank?

Currently, I have just over $60(U.S.) in my coffee can. It's almost all rolled in wrappers. :| I roll it about every two weeks. I find rolling up coins to be quite fun. :| But I'm really not a goober. :uhoh: As far as I know. :kiss:

My mum got an empty magnum and filled it with 5c and $2 coins, and whatever other small coins would fit in the hole and took her $1,700 :)mad:) and went on a holiday.

I am still trying to fill one of those stupid note cans. Its a $50 note one and I've been filling it for years. I think I have covered the bottom of it. I refuse to open it til its full, needing a can opener and all to get said coins out.

C'mon Angie, you've got to have more change than that. :tongue: Do you spend all your coins? I throw all mine on my desk and in my car ashtray, then it all eventually ends up in the coffee can.

I know, I have a fascinating life. :|

pennies get rolled and sit on my desk forever...all other change is used for vending machine snacks

Actually pub, I do have more than that. Come to think of it, there's gotta be a few dollars floating around the car at least. There's coins in the console, the drink holder trays, the sunglass space, the ashtray, all over the floor mats both sides front and rear, and coins in and on the seat. Ok, I haven't cleaned my car in about a year....There's also a stack of coins on the washing powder shelf in the laundry from emptying pockets before a load, theres a pile of coins on both tallboys, and both bedside tables. The kitchen bench has random scattered coins and in the fruitbowl and the bowl for misc. other, the bakers rack has a couple of coins on it....Geez, there's coins laying around everywhere. Time to collect them all and dump them in the note tin.
I'm filthy loaded :p

I never bring it to the bank. I bring it in to the grocery store and use coinstar.

I then get quarters and use them for laundry...

so, does anyone pick up pennies off the street? i'll proudly say that i do. i also have friends who hate to carry change, so they actually throw it away. literally. i always take their pennies, and i'll bet i've made $10 off them over the years...shoot, that's almost a cd!

another thing...if there's change in the cup holder of my parents' car for more than a couple days, i say it's free game :shifty:

*cough* i'm certainly not dutch...:sexywink:

my "fill the platypus to get to silverchair...or buy a guitar " venture isn't going

to plan.
I have kids at high school, so I had to bust into the platypus moneybox to get money for their school sport fee.I always try to keep my $1 and $2 coins for them
ouizy sounds organised, but you need to be. I had to use a laundromat during the drought, and I wasn't quite used to the routine of always having the right change.It's a bit of a hassle if you don't.
I do have a small jar of 5c pieces somewhere, but I won't get too excited, that will add up to about $15 I guess....silverchair or bust:)
Well done to your mum Angela, a magnum, good thinking.
I know those $50 moneybox tins...they are huge, good luck.....lifting it when it is full:)

I can't say, I see many coins lying around SFB..if I did I 'd pick it up and call it lucky. hmmm, I feel a story coming on....the time my wallet...

I best go:blahblah: :wave:

i have a glass demidron (large winemaking bottle type thing) which i have painted with glass paints all preeeetty lol.

i save all english coins, tho theres not many pounds in there ;)

last time i counted it was ?170 :eek: and its about half full. :cool:

i should really put it in the bank. :crack:

Stories for Boys said:
so, does anyone pick up pennies off the street? i'll proudly say that i do.

me and my brother used to superglue pennies to the street :crack: and go sit in the front bedroom and laugh when poor unsuspecting people tried to pick them up :laugh: we were very young, maybe i was 9 and he was 7 ? somit like that :lol:

I've only rolled up change once and taken it to the bank. I usually take it with me leave some in the cup holders in my car if i need it.

I save my change until a time when i really need some money. I cashed in about 80 dollars my junior year of high school to pay for a band trip to Las Vegas. I cashed in about 80 more last summer when I was unemployed to help pay for rent. Right now I probably only have a couple dollars. I've horded change ever since I was little.

I have a bowl on my dresser that I throw all of my loose change in. I hardly ever use coin when I buy something. Once the bowl gets full I'll roll the coin and use it to buy something totally frivolous. I usually end up with over $100. I hate the actual rolling of the coins though.

I use some of it but the stuff I don't just stays in the gigantic Coke bottle bank I have. I cash it in when I go on a vacation and whatever money I had in there is just added to my spending money. Sometimes it's not more than $20 or $30 bucks but other times it's been closer to $100. My taxes and loose change are usually vacation money.

Back
Top Bottom