Loose Change - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 04-04-2003, 01:39 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 01:26 PM
so, does anyone pick up pennies off the street? i'll proudly say that i do. i also have friends who hate to carry change, so they actually throw it away. literally. i always take their pennies, and i'll bet i've made $10 off them over the years...shoot, that's almost a cd!

another thing...if there's change in the cup holder of my parents' car for more than a couple days, i say it's free game

*cough* i'm certainly not dutch...

Old 04-04-2003, 02:19 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:26 PM
I usually try to spend change as I get it- I hate having my wallet stuffed with change.

Old 04-04-2003, 02:49 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 04:26 AM
my "fill the platypus to get to silverchair...or buy a guitar " venture isn't going

to plan.
I have kids at high school, so I had to bust into the platypus moneybox to get money for their school sport fee.I always try to keep my $1 and $2 coins for them
ouizy sounds organised, but you need to be. I had to use a laundromat during the drought, and I wasn't quite used to the routine of always having the right change.It's a bit of a hassle if you don't.
I do have a small jar of 5c pieces somewhere, but I won't get too excited, that will add up to about $15 I guess....silverchair or bust
Well done to your mum Angela, a magnum, good thinking.
I know those $50 moneybox tins...they are huge, good luck.....lifting it when it is full

I can't say, I see many coins lying around SFB..if I did I 'd pick it up and call it lucky. hmmm, I feel a story coming on....the time my wallet...

I best go
Old 04-04-2003, 03:36 PM   #19
i have a glass demidron (large winemaking bottle type thing) which i have painted with glass paints all preeeetty lol.

i save all english coins, tho theres not many pounds in there

last time i counted it was 170 and its about half full.

i should really put it in the bank.
Old 04-04-2003, 03:40 PM   #20

Originally posted by Stories for Boys
so, does anyone pick up pennies off the street? i'll proudly say that i do.
me and my brother used to superglue pennies to the street and go sit in the front bedroom and laugh when poor unsuspecting people tried to pick them up we were very young, maybe i was 9 and he was 7 ? somit like that
Old 04-04-2003, 04:18 PM   #21
Local Time: 11:26 AM
I've only rolled up change once and taken it to the bank. I usually take it with me leave some in the cup holders in my car if i need it.
Old 04-04-2003, 04:48 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:26 AM
I save my change until a time when i really need some money. I cashed in about 80 dollars my junior year of high school to pay for a band trip to Las Vegas. I cashed in about 80 more last summer when I was unemployed to help pay for rent. Right now I probably only have a couple dollars. I've horded change ever since I was little.
Old 04-04-2003, 05:17 PM   #23
love, blood, life
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
I have a bowl on my dresser that I throw all of my loose change in. I hardly ever use coin when I buy something. Once the bowl gets full I'll roll the coin and use it to buy something totally frivolous. I usually end up with over $100. I hate the actual rolling of the coins though.
Old 04-05-2003, 11:46 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict
I use some of it but the stuff I don't just stays in the gigantic Coke bottle bank I have. I cash it in when I go on a vacation and whatever money I had in there is just added to my spending money. Sometimes it's not more than $20 or $30 bucks but other times it's been closer to $100. My taxes and loose change are usually vacation money.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:15 AM   #25
Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 07:26 PM
every time i have to much change i try to spend it for the poor