Looneyville, Texas, United States Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a kid changes things. I just bought my first album since she was born. And it's a preorder.

I'm not going to cave to my child. We're both going to be very happy compromising with Rock-a-bye Baby.

Now there's a band I haven't listened to in ages and ages.

NEW ZEALAND ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Aaaaaahhhhh this is so good I don't even know what to fucking do, I've been up nearly 24 hours but I'm not going to sleep now! What a perfect fucking team! I should run down Sydney Road waving a silver fern flag or something. This is the best day to be a New Zealander.

I'd love to fucking bottle this feeling; what joy, what wonderful indescribable joy. Thank you Richie, thank you Danny, thank you Nehe, thank you Ma'a, thank you Beauden, thank you Steve, thank you all 23 of you incredible athletes and all the support staff for what this means to every single New Zealander. Thank you Internet for humouring me. I don't remember the last time I felt this elated.

Goodnight.

We set our clocks back an hour last night, that compounded with a late night Halloween party and some very sweet wine, and today feels like it's been about 40 hours long. It's nearing 9pm now but it feels more like midnight.

Today feels like it's been forty hours long because I'm doing boring shit at work. :yawn:

Man, I'd probably come up with all kinds of ridiculous excuses to avoid a three hour meeting, even with people I like. I've caught rabies from my llama, things like that.

Or I'd schedule it at the pub.

Oh, a three hour meeting IS hell. Because they crammed 25 people into a boardroom that has maybe 15 chairs, some enterprising soul put the aircon on. Which was nice...until people started bailing at the 2 hour mark. D:

Sadly, the nearest pub is a 15 minute walk from the office. :(

I'm working overnight tonight, so I've been blasting my iPod loud enough to drown out the Christmas music that's already playing over the store PA.

Ashley, I will always think of you when I hear "don't you monkey with monkey" :cute:

Meanwhile, my boss is asleep and snoring on the couch in the breakroom.

Aside from a brief twinge that causes a feeling related to nostalgia when I hear Christmas jingles (and only then if I hear them around the week or even just days or day leading up to Christmas) I don't give a remote shit about Christmas music.

Except for How to Make Gravy, which is one genuinely one of my top 10 songs of all time.

Christmas music should be played on Christmas Day and that's about it.

But I'm a grinch.

I like Christmas, and Christmas songs to a certain point... though working in a department store is doing its best to rob me of those nice feelings. Listening to the same Christmas songs over and over for eight hours, five days a week, for ~6 weeks gets old. Christmas music is enjoyable for me when doing festive tasks like decorating or wrapping presents.

But most people do the bulk of their Christmas shopping in November, and even October, so I can see why they start the music so early.

Who the hell thinks about Christmas shopping before December? Or am I the only person who doesn't even give it a moment's thought until about a fortnight out, if that?

To be honest I give more thought to the food.

It's because we have a layaway program.

In a nutshell: you do your shopping early, we ring it up, box it and store it away for you. You make payments toward the total for 2-3 months and then take it home when it's paid for. It's handy for a few reasons: 1. if you're on a budget, paying $40 a week is less daunting than $700 all at once 2. certain items you want may be out of stock when Christmas draws closer, better to get them early than to be shit out of luck 3. If you have kids, you don't have to worry about hiding their presents, we'll hold them in our layaway storage until Christmas Eve.

October is actually the very busiest time for people to put layaways in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom