looks or personality? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2003, 07:16 PM   #46
Refugee

Local Time: 12:07 PM

Old 08-19-2003, 07:53 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:07 PM
I agree completely with those who said shy people find it easier to communicate online. I'm the kind of person who completely freezes up at parties and has trouble making small talk. In addition to being shy, I also have a bad case of astigmitism or "lazy eye," meaning when I actually do get up the nerve to look someone in the eyes, one eye kind of turns in the other direction. Sometimes I think it freaks people out a little. Of course when I'm online no one can see this, and I also have time to think about what I'm going to say rather than just blurting out something stupid due to nerves. (OK, sometimes I do blurt out something stupid even when I'm online, but still...)

Old 08-19-2003, 08:17 PM   #48
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's shades
I agree completely with those who said shy people find it easier to communicate online. I'm the kind of person who completely freezes up at parties and has trouble making small talk. In addition to being shy, I also have a bad case of astigmitism or "lazy eye," meaning when I actually do get up the nerve to look someone in the eyes, one eye kind of turns in the other direction. Sometimes I think it freaks people out a little. Of course when I'm online no one can see this, and I also have time to think about what I'm going to say rather than just blurting out something stupid due to nerves. (OK, sometimes I do blurt out something stupid even when I'm online, but still...)
Bono, maybe you should wear your shades at parties!

I am also shy, and sometimes even have trouble posting online.
However, i much prefer the face-to-face communication, so I can really know or believe to know what the other person thinks of me. However, i believe that looks are the determining factor for the formation of any romantic relationship in that if you are not physically attracted to the other person, you will have no physical incentive to be with them. But on the other hand, personality is far more important once the relationship has been formed, as others have noted. To give a personal example, there is a woman at my workplace, who I've come to know pretty well and is attractive, charming, and extremely nice. i am attracted to her far more than than any woman I have ever met, including many that were more attractive. i guess what I'm trying to say is, try to meet as many potential partners as possible and you will eventually find the right combination of qualities that are attractive to you.
This thread will never end.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:36 AM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by daafish

You can be anyone you want to be online!

its what my online stalker told me once before he was booted for harrassing me.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:01 AM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:07 PM
You want answers?

You want the truth?

Dial 1-900-MixALot.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:13 AM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
....most people i have met in person tend to be shy. which always surprises me.
This has completely shocked me in a few cases. I met one Interferencer who was REALLY shy in person - pretty different from the online persona. After meeting the individual, I was convinced that they really didn't like me. It was just the shyness.

I do not hide behind anything here at Interland...most of the Interlanders I have met can tell you that.

Hopefully I wasn't the one who shocked Mrs. Edge or MVD by my appearance/opposed to online photos (which I have very few of).

Old 08-20-2003, 09:36 AM   #52
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

Local Time: 03:07 PM
Actually Zone, you are one of the people who is pretty much exactly as you seem!
Old 08-20-2003, 10:00 AM   #53
Refugee

Local Time: 03:07 PM
i'm shy at first but when i get over the initial shyness and nervousness i'm fine. i can make small talk with the best of them....i'd like to think.

and i think that it's a combination of both looks and personality. cause let's face it when your at a party where you don't know many people it's not the man/woman's personality the gets you off your butt moves you across the room to chat and ask for their phone #. well at that's never happened to me.

i think for the most part (not including online stuff cause that's a totally different situation) looks are what starts things off with a potential partner and personality keeps you there.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:36 PM   #54
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Edge
Actually Zone, you are one of the people who is pretty much exactly as you seem!
i spent the weekend once with a bunch of interferencers.
they were all exactly as they seemed.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:36 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener

Hopefully I wasn't the one who shocked Mrs. Edge or MVD by my appearance/opposed to online photos (which I have very few of).

no one that i have met from here in person has surprised me in the appearance area. it has all been due to the personality. you were the same as you appear online and on the phone.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:44 PM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 08:07 PM
I think both matter.........

well, I tell you this, I have had pple email or PM me over the net, and once they say something like 'so what do u do?' or 'tell me about you' - well, they way I wackily am, I never really here from them again.

I remember one Interferencer who mailed me over the time I said I was feeling pretty down (when I first started), but, because I dont do much with my life - never heard from him again.

And this has happened on a few occasions with me....its like...I scare pple off or something.........although internet conversation isnt always a healthy thing...I think you are better understood when in the actual company of that person.

Lookwise, I scare every guy off....I have so far.

I dunno, Im just happy enough hanging with guys and being a tomboy really.

Old 08-21-2003, 01:08 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by mad1
I think both matter.........

I remember one Interferencer who mailed me over the time I said I was feeling pretty down (when I first started), but, because I dont do much with my life - never heard from him again.

And this has happened on a few occasions with me....its like...I scare pple off or something.........

i know this feeling...it happens to me all the time.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:14 PM   #58
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 08:07 PM
icelle I truly think that its nobodies fault though

Im sitting here now and u all look damn good!

Old 08-21-2003, 02:00 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

you look damned good yourself!
Old 08-21-2003, 09:41 PM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:07 PM
Both looks and personality matter to some extent. But good looks won't make up for nasty personality, whereas great personality can make you forget about shortage in looks department.