Looks or personality? - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2005, 04:37 PM   #91
War Child

Local Time: 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by NewYorkGirl2316
Everyone dreams about the "perfect" man, dark hair, dark eyes, tall, and hansom, etc... and don't get me wrong, when i walk down the streats, and glance at people, your first impression in on looks, 'sigh" but i wouldn't want someone who is all for looks, there's usually not soul in the man. But it really is beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, b/c everyone has a different view of beauty. But the women who are "perect," usually are fake, and spend a ton of money on surgery to keep their looks, and then when they get old, there's always a chance that after 100 sugeries, you can become disfigured, so why change the way you look for others? Just be your self, theres always someone who'll appreciate it. If there's a person who bases EVERYTHING on looks, then he/she is prolly a shallow person with out a personality, or humanistic morals...I mean how can anyone not want a meaningful relationship, someone one loves you for who you are, and everytime is around you, feels like your his sunshine...someone with a shallow mind isn't usually as appreciative to these small time filled moments, i know i don't know what i'd do without my boyfriend, he's a cuttie, but he's got a great personailty, always thinks of me, and surprizes me in the most romantic ways....infact for my birthday a few years back, he's the one that got me tickets for the elevation tour...b/c he knew how much I love U2. He said he was planning on savin up for a new lap top, but said that i ment more to him, and the concert was I all could about, so he gave up someting he wanted for me....now, how can anyone want a relationship souly bases on looks and nothing else? I feel sorry for you if so, you'll never find someone who loves you, and wants to share their life with you, or even kids. Love is the most important thing to us, and how can only one pass that up, b/c they are that shallow minded.
Looks aren't everything

They are the only thing.

I love this scene in Liar, Liar where Jim Carey's son says, "My teacher says beauty is on the inside." And Jim Carey says, "Only ugly people say that."

Old 02-25-2005, 05:07 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:24 PM
hot boys are nice and all, but if you don't have a brain and a personality to back up that chiselled face, i do not have the time.

Old 02-25-2005, 05:10 PM   #93
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by dandy
hot boys are nice and all, but if you don't have a brain and a personality to back up that chiselled face, i do not have the time.
Make time.

Old 02-25-2005, 05:20 PM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:24 PM
this thread is highly amusing.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:33 PM   #95
The Fly

Quote:
Looks aren't everything They are the only thing.

what ever, there's obviously no use writting in, tring to change someone's outlook on life, or what they feel is important in a relationship, though i'd be curious to see what ya look like, seeing how your about looks.... I mean, I know I'm not no drop dead gorgeous person, but I guess i was lucky enough to have long platnum blonde hair, deep blues eyes and nearly perfect skin, but i guess people could always dye their hair, or even use things to make them selves look nice..but i think it's mostly a time issue. I was also never had a reason to go to a gym, never had weight problems at all, i was always under wieght, but then working out is something i wouldn't ever want to go a day with out, it keeps your body looking in perfect shape, and gives you a great boost of energy, and even can make you more cheerful.... i was reading over in other threads, that people exercise to U2 cds, and i never leave mine behind! while working out, I always bring my U2 cds, and cd players, infact, i'll start to sing, and poeple look at me like i'm strange...but i don't care.....I think alot of times, how you look, does effect how you feel, and if YOU don't like the way you look, you can change it, but it should never be to please others....I do not base looks on everything, it should be a mixture of both, one shouldn't be more important than the other....Infact when i first met my boyfriend, what drew me in, was his log blonde, suffer like hair, and lime green eyes...he always came across dumb, and I'd get a lot comments, about us both being blonde, and such, but anyway, he was always soo funny, and fun to be around, his heart was always in the right place..., but he had both, looks, and personaly, so it worked out...anyway, still, personality is what counts in my book, but it is nice to have a guy that looks hot. but i'll tell ya, they are work!! (especialy the dumb ones, )
Old 02-25-2005, 07:04 PM   #96
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:24 PM
i refuse to workout to u2 music

because then ill start to equate u2 music with running and running = pain

so i dont want u2 to remind me of pain

but thats just me
Old 02-25-2005, 07:07 PM   #97
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Windmilllane

If you combine the IQs of Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Ashlee Simpson and Tara Reid, what do you get?

Any suggestions?

Yet you care about IQ in another thread.

Hmmmm...
Old 02-25-2005, 07:33 PM   #98
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Yet you care about IQ in another thread.

Hmmmm...
I was merely trying to gauge what their combined IQs were.

Because no matter how dumb they are, they are still freakin hot and that's all that matters.

Looks are still the MOST IMPORTANT THING in life.

Why can't everyone just admit it???
Old 02-25-2005, 07:49 PM   #99
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:54 PM
I don't think looks are the most important thing in life. They definitely give the "good looking " people an advantage in life because of the perceptions of other people.

My attraction to a girl is primarily based on looks but then there also has to be a chemistry or connection beyond that. I don't want to be in a relationship with a mime. My wife would have to have principles, ideas, views, and morals which she can convey in an articulate manner.

As far as magazine women go, yep, they are all fake. Airbrushing is a wonderful invention for beauty. I am more attracted to a woman with little or no make-up than with make-up because what I see is what I get. The most beautiful women in the world are all around you during your everyday life, you just have to know what to look for.

Looks are more important for one night stands but personality is more important for a relationship.

Peace out.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:01 PM   #100
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
I don't think looks are the most important thing in life. They definitely give the "good looking " people an advantage in life because of the perceptions of other people.

My attraction to a girl is primarily based on looks but then there also has to be a chemistry or connection beyond that. I don't want to be in a relationship with a mime. My wife would have to have principles, ideas, views, and morals which she can convey in an articulate manner.

As far as magazine women go, yep, they are all fake. Airbrushing is a wonderful invention for beauty. I am more attracted to a woman with little or no make-up than with make-up because what I see is what I get. The most beautiful women in the world are all around you during your everyday life, you just have to know what to look for.

Looks are more important for one night stands but personality is more important for a relationship.

Peace out.
Very, Very, well said...
Old 02-25-2005, 09:25 PM   #101
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:54 PM
Regarding looks, I like the episode of Seinfeld where Jerry states that most people are unattractive to which Elaine asks, "what about all these people getting together?" Jerry's reply..................alcohol.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:50 PM   #102
ONE
love, blood, life

seinfeld has all the answers, i agree.
Old 02-26-2005, 05:05 PM   #103
War Child

I find the fact that people take this dude seriously very funny.