Looks or personality?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it doesnt necessarily have to be OBJECTIVE BEAUTY cause beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.

personally i dont think id want to be with someone 'I' didnt deem to be attractive, cause that would be building the whole relationship on false pretenses.

but thats just me

i think lap dance with hotties is a lot more honest than having a 20 year old relationship with someone youre not attracted to and dont even want to be physically intimate anymore. at least in lap dance the intentions are out in the open.

The girls in mags like FHM are not hot. They are fake-looking, plastic bimbos who wear too much make-up, in my opinion! They just look trashy. And strippers are probably almost as bad. I feel sorry for guys who define that kind of look as "attractive"!They are obviously living in some fantasy world, because they're not successful in the real world, in my opinion. God forbid any real women would ever want to be with this type of guy - although, on second thought, that isn't very likely...!

Windmilllane said:

Yeah, but didn't you care if people said, "Wow, what are you doing with an average looking guy? You should be with a HOTTIE."

I cringe whenever I see a dork with a girlfriend. I'm thinking, "what the fuck is this chick thinking. Is she blind or something?"

Wow, I know you are trying to get a rise out of people with this thread but if you really believe this statement that is just pathetic. Who cares what someone else thinks, especially strangers. Some people hate U2, are you fearful they think your pathetic for being a U2 fan or wearing a U2 T shirt?? Whats the difference?

The answer to this one is obvious and I think you know what it is. Again, trying to stir it up even though you say your not. Otherwise what is the purpose of this thread? There isnt one. You need to have a physical attraction of some sort to be with someone. That doesnt mean they have to be a hottie. Personality and having things in common are just as important if not more when it comes to a long term relationship. I guess if you are looking for a lap dance as the basis for a relationship (which appears to be the case by your logic). Then you are right. Good luck with that! :lol:

What I need to start doing more is lift weights and go to the tanning salon.
I also have to go for plastic surgery. Everybody needs plastic surgery, unless you are a hottie.

Originally posted by Windmilllane

Yeah, but didn't you care if people said, "Wow, what are you doing with an average looking guy? You should be with a HOTTIE."

she answered "I am just going to give him a lap dance.":wink:

Well....

I would say it all depends really....

One guy I went out with was not the best looking guy in the world but he had a really great personality(at first) and that's why I dated him.

Another guy I went out with was gorgeous but had absolutely no personality whatsoever. It was just a lame relationship.

So it's hard to say which one I would pick over the other.

I would say if the guy has both looks and personality, he's a definite keeper obviously...

Ugh....I hate when I'm trying to write when I'm tired. I feel like I'm rambling.. lol

:reject:

Last edited:
Windmilllane said:

I won't die lonely. I'll just go to strip clubs every night and get hot lap dances from HOTTIES

:happy:

In a perfect world

Women could go to a club and watch men dance with their net worth tattooed on their foreheads.

I've noticed that personality affects the way a person "looks" or carries him/herself. I've seen hot guys and just known they are so cocky and full of their own shite they have nothing intelligent to say or contribute to society. Them = losers.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
The friends that I have who were strippers tell me funny stories about those who patrons who go there and think the women really like the guy.

you mean their sincerity is fake
please don't tell me anything else is fake

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I would like to add that I'd be lying like a dog if I said I have never fallen for a guy based on his looks.

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Finally, an honest answer.

Again, I hate when people say it's not about the looks.

Oh well, I give up.

Windmilllane said:

Oh well, I give up.

So you rather date someone who is really beautiful but has no brains...that is so clueless about life and is just concerned with the way they look?

What do you want in a relationship anyways?

Windmilllane said:

Oh well, I give up.

Man, do you read the responses?? Most are saying looks are important to a certain degree, in that you have to be physically attracted to the person. What is physically attractive is an individual thing. You seem to be saying, its ALL looks and that if someone is not the definition of what YOU consider a hottie its not going to work. Thats bullshit sorry. You are going to be an even more miserable person with that view, as hard as that is to believe.

I guess what it really comes down to is this:

Be yourself.

Whether you're fat, bald, have a big nose, whatever..... If you be yourself, if you have a nice personality, are honest, sincere, kind, people will overlook all those physical flaws. They'll see that you are a beautiful person on the inside, which in turn will make them see that you are the most beautiful person on the outside. That's what being in love is all about.

It's in the eye of the beholder. A person may think that someone is the most beautiful person in the world, but everybody else may think, "eh, he/she is average or ugly."

Windmilllane said:

Be yourself.

Whether you're fat, bald, have a big nose, whatever..... If you be yourself, if you have a nice personality, are honest, sincere, kind, people will overlook all those physical flaws. They'll see that you are a beautiful person on the inside, which in turn will make them see that you are the most beautiful person on the outside. That's what being in love is all about.

It's in the eye of the beholder. A person may think that someone is the most beautiful person in the world, but everybody else may think, "eh, he/she is average or ugly."

:applaud:

Windmilllane said:

Be yourself.

wow,

i never noticed your nose until you mentioned it

U2Girl1978 said:

So you rather date someone who is really beautiful but has no brains...that is so clueless about life and is just concerned with the way they look?

What do you want in a relationship anyways?

yes. Trust me, 99% of British women under 25 would much rather have an attractive jerk than an unattractive person with a nice personality. Not only do they have to be attractive, they have to be a certain type of mediattractive (ooh, I like that word) and be able to carry shopping. Half the time, it doesn't matter if they're abusive, lying, cheating or related to Hitler, as long as they have short-cropped, gel-styled hair, are 6ft and several white shirts with a blue cross pattern on then they're fine. They're an accessory, but make a good one.
Obviously , I'm basing this on the sort of people who go out on student nights etc. and I'm sure there are nicer people, just harder to meet.
Anyone who denies this claim is lying or in the 1%.

Imagine how pissed off I'd be if I was actually 'woman-hunting' too!

PS: Before you accuse me of being a sexist pig, the men are just as bad (but at least more of them are honest about it).

Back
Top Bottom