Looking to form a suport group- U2 fans who dislike Coldplay, please confess! - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2003, 09:11 AM   #61
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:27 PM

Grr, too late. I was just coming back to edit my post to read 'wusses' or 'nerds' instead But I'm sticking with the "very ugly" and "creepy" and "grossed out"

Old 07-22-2003, 09:12 AM   #62
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
wait till i start the 'radiohead is boring and can't rock although i have to say i think the bends was good but not as great as everyone says' thread.
Yertle:

Make sure you get your point across. In order to do this, it might be helpful to use words like: pussies, very very ugly, creepy, fucking and shit.

Old 07-22-2003, 09:19 AM   #63
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:27 AM
for christ's sake can some mod close this. the main purpose of this thread seems to be to piss off the coldplay fans on this board, and that's trolling.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:08 AM   #64
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
for christ's sake can some mod close this. the main purpose of this thread seems to be to piss off the coldplay fans on this board, and that's trolling.
Not true at all! If I had wanted to troll, I'd have crashed the pro-Coldplay thread going 'they suck they are so ugly' but I didn't! But still I cannot understant the appeal of this band or their comparison to U2 and I REALLY DID want to find other fans who felt the same way and have a support group. I got the idea from Jick's DMB thread in EYKIW. It's not my fault Coldplay lovers came in here and got offended. This is a U2 board, not a Coldplay board, so I'd think an anti-Coldplay discussion has as much right to exist as a pro-Coldplay one?! As the mods always say, if you don't like the subject matter of a thread, and you know it's gonna piss you off, don't click on it!!
Old 07-22-2003, 10:16 AM   #65
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:27 AM
It doesn't piss me off that people don't like Coldplay (I'm not a big fan myself), but it pisses me off when people are childish and insulting and feel the need to make comments on another person's physical appearance. I don't understand hating something so much that it occupies that much of your time.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:22 AM   #66
ONE
love, blood, life

It seems as if everything is based on appearance for U2Kitten though....whether it be Ugly Chris Martin, or Ugly soccer socks and American football players with cute asses, or, whatever is over in the PLEBA forum.

Shallow Hal!
Old 07-22-2003, 10:27 AM   #67
Jesus Online

Local Time: 12:27 PM
Zoner, quit it.

fwiw, I think Clocks is a beautiful composition. Then the vocals start and that beautiful music is drowned out. I got way over Coldplay after Yellow, which was just ok.

Put me in the "I'd rather not listen to them" category. But really, there's some nice music in there, I'm sure.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:29 AM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie
I don't understand hating something so much that it occupies that much of your time.
Oh, it wastes no more time than reading through people's posts looking for something to pick at them for and making critical posts yourself

Don't let it get your drawers in a bunch, it's not worth it!

Zoner, I admit appearance is a factor with me, but the boringness of soccer an Coldplay have just as much to do with me not liking them!
Old 07-22-2003, 10:36 AM   #69
Jesus Online

If everyone keeps this on topic, which is to post why you may not like Coldplay, this won't be closed.

If anyone has the shits with this thread at the moment, take a break from it, read something else and come back when we're all shiny happy people, ok?

stupid typos

I feel better now!
Old 07-22-2003, 10:40 AM   #70
Blue Crack Addict

Shiney happy people Good one! Good song!

Good idea Angela. I'm sorry, I never thought it would turn out like this. My husband stayed home from work today, and he is being a total ASS, so I don't need the stress, see ya
Old 07-22-2003, 10:46 AM   #71
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

why did this have to turn nasty? if you like coldplay, read the title of the thread and realize you might disagree with the sentiments voiced therein. if you dislike coldplay, say so without being insulting. it's not rocket science.

Old 07-22-2003, 10:56 AM   #72
Jesus Online

I spelled Shiny wrong. I have to go back and edit now or it will bug me, especially as I love the song too...
Old 07-22-2003, 11:18 AM   #73
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
i enjoy reading this thread.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:35 AM   #74
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Not a big Coldplay fan at all. I like a few songs by them and I think those songs are very good (IE Clocks, The Scientist, Yellow). But seeing them live, listening to bootlegs of them and their albums overall I think they are kind of boring. I know their thing is the slower kind of depressing rock and alot of people like that. I think it is ok in small doses but an entire show or album of it makes me yawn. What would be interesting to me is if they tried to incorporate a few more "rocking" type of tunes on their next album along with what they are already doing. Then I would find them more interesting.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:43 AM   #75
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
It also has bothered me that people who rag on U2 for getting slow hold Coldplay up as some kind of example of how rock should be
Now I'll agree with you here, that does puzzle me, too.

Angela

Tags
coldplay