Looking to form a suport group- U2 fans who dislike Coldplay, please confess!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
lmao! hey i have no shame to admit i like some bad bands.

:up: but some of us are still goiong to make fun of you :mac:

[
and brettig i bought parachutes when it came out. :tongue:

:up: i would have but i blame the radio for overplaying "yellow" and making me hate coldplay all the way up until last january. still dont have the album, but my friend who bought it for me is coming to visit tomorrow, so as of tomorrow i will own parachutes.

brettig there's a cricket thread in put 'em under pressure where you will have to enlighten us mortals on how to play the game

back on topic, i must say this is turning out a lot more fun than the actual coldplay thread

nearly everything's released at least one day later in the u.s. than the uk and australia, right? monday, tuesday...who decided on official album release day anyway? the idiots that keep us using the english system instead of metric?

if MVD75 hadn't gone on the wild popcorn stealing rampage, i might still be argueing. thank you for the dramatic change in discussion

:)

zonelistener said:
Now that I know that U2Kitten considers Hoobastank good music, I completely understand where she is coming from.

Hey that's not fair. You didn't trash Diamond for liking Chevelle. I don't care what you say, Hoobastank sounds better than Coldplay and the singer has a better voice. It speaks to me too. The lyrics of "Crawling in the Dark" tell a lot about the hopelessness of my personal life right now which is why I said I liked them. I don't even know the rest of their songs. I'm mostly a classic rock person, Zeppelin, Stones, Beatles, Moody Blues, other good old stuff plus Red Hot Chili Peppers, Oasis, REM and U2. Yes I like hair metal, I was an 80's girl, it's in my system and it rocks hard! I don't even listen to the new rock on the radio. The only time I've heard it is from my neice. I only listen to cds, classic rock stations and some adult contemporary, which, by the way, overplay the hell out of Coldplay and have them in the same category with Train and Matchbox 20:D Though at least as annoying as Train and M20 are they aren't as intolerably boring and bad as Coldplay. Look, I don't have bad musical taste. I just don't like Coldplay's songs, or the singer's voice, and I think they're overrated. As I said before, if they hadn't been gushed over so endlessly here and overplayed on the radio I probably would just have ignored them.

Last edited:
I never heard that song ,who did it? You should hear Weird Al cover System of a Down in polka :laugh: now that's an improvement!

Oh and grunge. I forgot to say I liked Grunge. Early PJ, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Soul Asylum, other stuff like that. I love the Foo Fighters too.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

Hey that's not fair. You didn't trash Diamond for liking Chevelle. I don't care what you say, Hoobastank sounds better than Coldplay and the singer has a better voice. It speaks to me too. The lyrics of "Crawling in the Dark" tell a lot about the hopelessness of my personal life right now which is why I said I liked them. I don't even know the rest of their songs. I'm mostly a classic rock person, Zeppelin, Stones, Beatles, Moody Blues, other good old stuff plus Red Hot Chili Peppers, Oasis, REM and U2. Yes I like hair metal, I was an 80's girl, it's in my system and it rocks hard! I don't even listen to the new rock on the radio. The only time I've heard it is from my neice. I only listen to cds, classic rock stations and some adult contemporary, which, by the way, overplay the hell out of Coldplay and have them in the same category with Train and Matchbox 20:D Though at least as annoying as Train and M20 are they aren't as intolerably boring and bad as Coldplay. Look, I don't have bad musical taste. I just don't like Coldplay's songs, or the singer's voice, and I think they're overrated. As I said before, if they hadn't been gushed over so endlessly here and overplayed on the radio I probably would just have ignored them.

PLEASE can you realize that your personal opinions and preferences are NOT facts. I think we all understand that you personally dont like Coldplay, and that's 100% understandable. Certain people dont like certain things, that's how the world turns.

At the same time, just because you dont like something, doesnt mean that it's not good. It just means that you dont like it, NOTHING more.

I'm out.

Well like I said I only know "Crawling in the Dark" and it has awesome lyrics for me right now:

Show me what's it's worth
make me understand it
I've been crawling in the dark looking for the answer
is there something more
than what I've been handed
I've been crawling in the dark looking for the answer

That's how I feel about life right now, what IS it all worth? What IS the answer? Is there something else waiting for me, or am I stuck with this shitty life? I'm looking, but I can't see a way out of my problems. It's like I'm crawling in the dark and hoping something will.....baby baby baby light my way;)

u2popmofo said:
At the same time, just because you dont like something, doesnt mean that it's not good. It just means that you dont like it, NOTHING more.

I'm out.

In the immortal words of Jack Black:

Shabba Nah Hey!

u2popmofo said:

PLEASE can you realize that your personal opinions and preferences are NOT facts. I think we all understand that you personally dont like Coldplay, and that's 100% understandable. Certain people dont like certain things, that's how the world turns.

I'm out.

Yes for God's sake of course I know it's my opinion! Everyone's opinon is an opinion I never said it was fact, please! And I've have 'stopped it' and been 'out' ages ago if people would stop REing my posts dragging out something else to trash me personally for! If you'd read my other posts you'd have seen me begging for mercy earlier. If you want me to stop, just let this die! Unless someone wants to tell their honest feelings about this band and not just send me more hate mail.

Oh Fuck. I just wasted the last 20 minutes while my husband cursed me wasting time on the computer to knock this fucking thing off the fucking page so you people would shut up and now here you come. Well it appears evident now you are only toying with me, and with all the horseshit in my life I do not need this so find another source of entertainment.

who said we are knocking you. Why are you taking it personally? I just said that hoobastank and Moody Blues are boring and unoriginal. It is my personal opinion about some bands. Much like your opinion on Coldplay. Jeez, get a little defensive when the tables are turned.....

It wasn't what you said but the fact that you bumped the fucking thread! :scream: :sad:

Hi all :)

We're going to close this thread now as it seems to have run its course, and now, unfortunately, some have felt insulted and/or personally attacked.

Thanks for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom