Looking for Unique wedding location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tackleberry

War Child
My fiancee and I are looking for a unique, yet affordable place to have a wedding and reception in New York City or Queens, NY.

Does anyone have any ideas or past experiences with this? We are theater people and we love to dance. I want our wedding to be unique and very much like a performance or like a show.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

have your guests dress in costume...I saw a show on TLC where the couple wanted a Renaissance wedding and everyone dressed accordingly..it was like a play and very cool....cannot help with the location though:( sorry...congradulations though:hyper:

are there are any old theaters that you can rent out for the ceremony & reception? you could use the actual theater portion for the ceremony and then use their foyer and intermission space for the reception.

you could probally find a location that isn't holding a show currently, or schedule around the location's off nights. play up the theming of the venue on decorations and invitations. use the old concession stands for bar locations and buffet space. you could make it work.

that could be fun. :)

love the art gallery idea .. and consider museums too. they both have plenty of open space that you could you for the reception, giving you plenty of dancing room :yes:

Carek1230 said:

Write NY talk show hosts or MTV and see if they would allow you to get married on their show!

I applaud your fantasy, but what kind of marriage is that, with TV...? And for those who haven´t heard it, MTV is finished anyway. Because of the crap shows.

Waldorf Astoria, if it has to be NY. But I would rather recommend a Caribbean beach.

Back
Top Bottom