Looking for to fill that DESCRIBE shaped hole!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey sorry had to eat dinner...

john i read a few pages back...i know it's easier for you to talk to her online but if you have a way of calling your girlfriend to talk to her "in person" i think you should. if her mom makes her feel like shit she needs to know that someone really really cares about her and i'm sure she knows you do, but it'd be better if she could hear your voice.

i hope everything is alright. :hug:

Ye, I was thinking of calling her on the phone, but my mother was in the room at the time, and I'm not sure I have enough credit to make a decent length call. But it's all over now, it's just if I look back over our conversations for the last week, there was some signs of this, and I just ignored them, when maybe if I was thinking I would of noticed what they meant

Last edited:
I was actually told by someone that, coming out and asking directly was a really stupid thing to do, but I just felt I had to do it, and it worked out in the end I guess, so I guess I done it the right way

what do you mean "it's all over now"...has she basically told you she's fine now?...because I know people that have had this problem (scary as shit) and it's not all fine, it's gonna come up again. hell i went through a phase 3 or 4 years ago where every time i went in the kitchen i'd fantasize if that's the right word about what i could do with one of those knives. just be there for her i guess, i wish i could give you better advice than that. :huh:

how old is she & does she only live with her mom, or what's her relationship with her dad like?

^^^ Well she has been swearing to me, that she is fine and I trust her too much to not believe her, but I swear I will have to be on the look out more, because if this ever happens again, it would be best to notice it quicker

She is 16, lives with her mother and her father is dead

^^ Hey Kara :wave:

^^ Her relationship with her siblings isn't as bad as with her mother but it isn't great either. Her sister is 13 or 14 and they get at each other abit, her sister bugs her about religion and stuff like that. And her brother is 6, or around that. It is mainly her relationship with her mother that is the problem

^ Thanks Kara :hug: you don't need to say much, it is a hard thing to talk about

Last edited:
alright...that's got to be really tough (and scary for you too), and that's another idiotic understatement from me.

just talk to her & remind her that she's got a whole future separate from that, hopefully including you guys finding a way to make it work when you're older, (right?)

Irishteen said:
^ She's asking me to promise her that if something happens to her, I will move on, and she says she needs me to do it. I'm worried she might be thinking of suicide, like she was just over half a year ago

Is she still talking like this or is it crisis averted for the time being? :uhoh:

^^ Ye in the long term she thinks things will be fine, but it's the next 9 or so months, that is the problem, she is just having trouble coping, if she makes it through the next 9 months she will be fine

^ She has stopped talking like that, and gone back to, well after a convo like that, the closest you can to normal

^^ I think she knows how much I need her

I was a pathetic wreak trying to convince her, not to go through with it, I was crying and just acting like a helpless child who has lost everything

^ Hey Sarah, nice to see you, even if it is just for a sec

hey sarah :wave:

well maybe on some level that's what she needs...honestly i'm just thinking about this i know nothing about psychology...but it would make sense that on one level she needs to know how much it would upset someone, anyone in her life. i've never so seriously considered it but when i used to think about it the first thing i'd imagine was how my mom would react at my funeral. i think for some people they feel like it's a way of getting people who treat them like shit to react. i know that made no sense whatsoever but my point is i think that how you reacted was probably fine.

:huh:

i'll stop now, i just hope everything's alright

:hug:

^^ :hug:

You don't have to stop if you wish to say more go ahead

I find what you said really interesting, you make a lot of good points, and confuse me as well, sounds more like just a group of good points jsut mashed together

^ And Kara :hug:

yeah i tend to have points that make sense to me in my head, but are hard to exactly explain and end up sounding stupid, heh

anyway like i said i hope it all turns out alright :hug:

i'm gonna go take a shower and count my blessings and things, see you all later

^^^I've had a few cousins commit suicide recently, and the main reason was that they didn't feel like anyone would care if they died, so I think if you really hammer in how much you seriously do care, that's probably the most and the best thing you can do.

:wave: :hug: Bye VG

Back
Top Bottom