Look - Who's Engaged... going to the chapel...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
Kanye West Gets Engaged to Girlfriend Alexis

Rapper and producer Kanye West is engaged, several sources have confirmed to PEOPLE exclusively.

West, 29, proposed to his girlfriend, Alexis, while overseas for two weeks recently, sources close to the singer tell PEOPLE.

Alexis, whose last name and occupation were not immediately available, was West's girlfriend prior to his October 2002 car accident, one source says.

A rep for West had no comment. This will be the first marriage for the Grammy winner.

West began his rise to fame as a producer for Roc-a-Fella Records, where he gained notice for his work on Jay-Z's 2001 album The Blueprint. He has also produced hits for artists including Ludacris and Alicia Keys.

But his career was nearly derailed by a near-fatal car accident in 2002, which inspired the single "Through the Wire" from his 2004 debut album, The College Dropout.

That record earned Grammys for best rap album and best rap song, and during his acceptance speech West thanked the car accident, saying it made him realize that, "If you have the opportunity to play this game called life, you have to appreciate every moment."

His second album, 2005's Late Registration, won Grammy awards for best rap album, best rap song and best rap solo performance.

I wonder what song they'll play when he and his fiancee walk down the aisle? :hmm:

I'm just trying to say the way school need teachers
The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way I need Jesus
!!!

from sundaymirror.co.uk

EXCLUSIVE: I DO, HUGH

EXCLUSIVE Grant WILL wed Jemima..but not until 2008 as he puts work first
By Suzanne Kerins
HUGH Grant and Jemima Khan are to marry - ending months of speculation about the state of their two-year romance.

But the actor and his heiress girlfriend, the daughter of late billionaire Sir Jimmy Goldsmith, won't make it down the aisle for another TWO YEARS because of his filming commitments.

Bridget Jones star Hugh, 46, and socialite Jemima, 32, have hired celebrity "life stylist" Nick Ede to make it a fairytale wedding.

A pal revealed: "Hugh and Jemima have had their ups and downs. But they're the happiest they've been in a long time. They both feel that the time is right for them to make that commitment to each other."

Hugh has been filming Music and Lyrics with Drew Barrymore in New York.

The friend added: "He's really busy - that's why they've decided to get married in 2008. Jemima is not complaining - it gives her time to make sure their wedding is perfect."

Hugh split with Liz Hurley, 41, in 2000, and was linked to a string of women before falling for Jemima in 2004. But earlier this year, their romance was said to be on the rocks after long separations because of his film work in America and his continuing friendship with his former lover Elizabeth Hurley, 41.

Despite having found love with multi-millionaire Arun Nayar, Hurley has seldom passed up an opportunity to flirt outrageously with her Grant.

Hugh and Jemima's most trusted friends - angered by reports their romance was on the rocks - revealed the couple were secretly engaged.

Jemima's sons, Sulaiman, eight, and Kasim, six, by her marriage to former Pakistan cricketer Imran Khan, already knew of the engagement.

Hugh got down on one knee and presented Jemima with a stunning sapphire and diamond engagement ring in Barbados, pals revealed.

But the lovers kept their engagement under wraps, sharing their good news with a select few family members and friends.

The pair are so desperate to keep their engagement hush-hush that Jemima never wears the ring in public.

The friend added: "Everyone is thrilled for them. But Hugh and Jemima are not a typical celebrity couple and want to keep their wedding plans private. Their romance has not been conducted in the public eye and they intend to keep it that way."

omg, Hugh Grant's marrying a woman named Jemima :drool:

I'm going to name my guitar Jemimah.

Well gee, that's a novel proposal :slant: how appropriate for Howard

Howard Stern has made the most out of Valentine's Day: The shock jock is engaged to his longtime girlfriend, model Beth Ostrosky, he announced on his Sirius Satellite radio show Wednesday.

Stern, 53, said that he proposed to Ostrosky, 34, Tuesday night and that she said, "Yes."

"Do you want your Valentine's Day gift now?" MTV.com reports Stern said on the air Wednesday, re-enacting his proposal for his listeners. When Ostrosky said she wanted it, Stern says he ordered her to strip down – despite her protests that she was too "fat" to do that.

After she said that, Stern says he thought, "Any girl who looks like that and thinks she's fat – I've got a chance with her."

Once naked, Ostrosky was given a 5.2 carat diamond ring. "I love you. You're everything to me," Stern said he told her. "This is so gay. ... I'm asking you to spend the rest of your life with me."

Stern also told his radio listeners that the engagement will be a long one, because actually getting married is something that he and Ostrosky can't think about right now.

Still, he said that this time the announcement is not a joke. Last month, Stern announced on the air that he and Ostrosky had gotten married, but later revealed it was a prank.

"I am not married. It's a nice feeling that we get along great," he said at the time. "We're very happy and I don't want to f--- it up."

This will be first marriage for Ostrosky and the second for Stern, who split from his first wife Alison in 2000.

Back
Top Bottom