Look what I bought yesterday!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
je95_lg2.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmm, yummy!!! juice machine:drool:

for sooooooo long I have wanted one of these, so the other day I saw them on special for $187 at K-Mart, so I bought one and I gotta say that yesterday and today I have had some lovely juices. I really love fresh juice and lately, here where I live, fresh juice bars have become such a popular thing, but they charge heaps for the juices, which probably most of the time only contain abut 50 cents worth of ingridients, so now I have a machine that can do it all for me and hopefully I will become a little more healthier too.

So has anyone else got one of these or into juicing/know any good recipes?
my personal faves are: rockmellon (cantaloupe), orange, carrott and pineapple
and
carrott, green apple, orange, ginger and mint:drool:

smoothies :drool:
i want a crushed ice machine.
i bought a cheap one last year, but it doesn't work too well so i don't use it that often.
i :heart: crushed ice

OzAurora.. you should really try adding some beet into that fave juice of yours! I love apple, carrot, ginger and beet together. And the beet turns the juice a delicious blood red. I love homemade juices!

Dont worry, the beet is sweet. it wont ruin your juice.

Also, have you tried making any juices with wheatgrass? Its really popular up here on the west coast of canada. The stuff is supposed to be really healthy.

The juicer dosn't really do smoothies, but I have a blender for that (well rather the blender was bought in order to make mango daquiris!)

I have tried juiced beet, apparently it can be a good hangover cure and yes, I know about wheatgrass, it is amazingly good for you- full of heaps of great vitamins and minerals, I have thought about growing some or buying it at the local markets near where I live:)

I have one and fully intend to use it come summer. Nothing like just chucking a whole mix fo your favourite fruit into it and blending away :drool:

How would one go about making a strawberry daquiri and are they nice?

Fruit Juice
:drool:

you know why they make daiquiri glasses so big?

:lol:

try this one:
1/2 oz Strawberry Schnapps
1 oz Light Rum
1 oz Lime Juice
1 tsp Powdered Sugar
1 oz Strawberries

mix with crushed ice, serve, drink
:drool:

We shall be making those this week as an end to exams celebration I think :up:

I have never seen Strawberry Schnapps here though :hmm: I'll investigate

ABEL said:
smoothies :drool:
i want a crushed ice machine.
i bought a cheap one last year, but it doesn't work too well so i don't use it that often.
i :heart: crushed ice

Yes, yes you do want one! We got one and it's so cool. It actually shaves the ice, which is much more efficiant that trying to crush it or chop it in a blender. It gets into the 90s here in the summer and we've never had air conditioning, so we make a bowl of ice shavings for every drink. You can even buy snow cone syrup, but we have a recipe that uses Kool Aid powder.

If you have a cat wheatgrass is really good for them too. You can grow it easily for your juices, adn you can let your cat munch on the grass to keep him happy.

Another yummy thing to put in juices (or smooties) is avacado. i know it sounds weird, but its really easy to drink down. Whenever I make banana/yougurt/orange juice smoothies, I love to throw in an avacado as well.

There's nothing like drinking your breakfast!

Back
Top Bottom