Look out, the girl scout cookies changed recipes - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2008, 09:02 AM   #76
The Fly

Local Time: 07:43 AM
I thought the thin mints tasted different this year. $3.50 a box here.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:21 PM   #77
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230
There was a table in front of the grocery store hawking Girl Scout Cookies and they were selling them for $4 a box. I thought they were $3.50 a box?? There were no girl scouts selling the cookies, it seemed they were all Moms selling them. Are kids so spoiled nowadays that the parents step in doing the work for fundraisers? Aren't the kids themselves supposed to do this? Maybe times have changed but in my son's day or my own the parents' help was minimal.
yeah, they're $3.50 here but i've heard them being sold for $4 a box. i guess it just depends on where you live, which is weird because i don't ever remember in the past them being sold for more in some parts of the country.

and yes, i totally agree about the parents doing the selling. when i was a girl scout, i sold the cookies. sure my parents would bring a sales sheet to work, but i still went door-to-door (back when that was safe), and stood outside of stores and stuff. my troop and i did the selling, the parents just supervised. nowadays, if i see the parents doing the selling while the kids sit and talk, i don't buy any.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:43 PM   #78
She's the One

Local Time: 03:43 AM
4 clams per out here.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:34 PM   #79
War Child

Local Time: 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230
There was a table in front of the grocery store hawking Girl Scout Cookies and they were selling them for $4 a box. I thought they were $3.50 a box?? There were no girl scouts selling the cookies, it seemed they were all Moms selling them. Are kids so spoiled nowadays that the parents step in doing the work for fundraisers? Aren't the kids themselves supposed to do this? Maybe times have changed but in my son's day or my own the parents' help was minimal.
Even a few years ago I used to see l little girls, but now all I see are parents. Last one I saw was a bunch of parents working out of a back of an SUV, standing on the side of the road in front of a Domino's holllering at traffic. Not ONE kid. Last year I saw a table full of cookies but it was just women.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:26 PM   #80
Blue Crack Distributor

Finally got some of mine today, yay! So far the thin mints and tagalongs taste the same as always so I'm happy They are $4 here like martha and carek already said, and I think that's what I paid last year too. One thing also is that there can be older girls selling as well, although they are not so many these days, there are high school and even adult Girl Scouts. I bought mine from a high school senior GS, and then I was told today that you can also be an adult GS even beyond high school, and I don't mean a troop leader or parent but the actual scout program extends into adult age. Anyways... just thought that was interesting to note that not all adults selling might be parents, although I know they probably mostly are.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #81
War Child

Hey i'm still waiting for mine!!! that brat never came and took my 4.50 bucks
Old 03-05-2008, 10:31 AM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
Local Time: 06:43 AM
swiped some Thin Mints off the table in the break room at work yesterday. still taste yummy to me fortunately I had enough self-restraint not to eat the whole sleeve of cookies.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:06 PM   #83
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Quote:
Originally posted by bonocomet
Finally got some of mine today, yay! So far the thin mints and tagalongs taste the same as always so I'm happy They are $4 here like martha and carek already said, and I think that's what I paid last year too. One thing also is that there can be older girls selling as well, although they are not so many these days, there are high school and even adult Girl Scouts. I bought mine from a high school senior GS, and then I was told today that you can also be an adult GS even beyond high school, and I don't mean a troop leader or parent but the actual scout program extends into adult age. Anyways... just thought that was interesting to note that not all adults selling might be parents, although I know they probably mostly are.

Yea I know there are girl scouts of older ages and troop leaders, etc. I was a Brownie then Girl Scout through high school. These at a table outside Ralphs were very much and definitely MOM'S, not scouts or troop leaders. None were wearing any part of any kind of uniform, troop badge, nothing. Just a table piled high with cookies and about 6 moms doing the cold hard sell to people coming and going from the store. I don't need the cookies so I didn't buy any. Besides, it's hard to eat just one, let alone a sleeve or even a whole box at one sitting!!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:27 PM   #84
Blue Crack Distributor

Yep. I can easily eat a whole sleeve of the Thin Mints in one sitting. It's just very sad.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:58 PM   #85
War Child

Local Time: 07:43 AM
Just bought 4 boxes, for 4 dollars each. 2 Samoas, 1 Tagalong, and 1 of the Thin Mints. It's so hard to contain myself from eating them all. Already ate a sleeve of the Samoas. They taste amazing, as always.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:47 AM   #86
The Male

The thin mints taste fine to me...

Now.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:11 PM   #87
War Child

Okay, over the weekend I found some being sold by actual little girls in boxes marked Tagalongs and Little Brownie bakeries which is what they used to be. While the peanut butter wasn't as good quality as in the past, the cookie is basically the same. The box I got and complained about is marked only 'peanut butter patty' (though otherwise it looks identical to a tagalong box) and the cookies were very, very different. The inside wrapper is silver, the 'good' ones have a clear inside wrapper. I also got a box of mints and didn't taste any difference. There really are different types going around out there this year so remember to look for the word 'tagalong'.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:16 PM   #88
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:43 AM
Big Grin

I only have one sleeve of thin mints left.