Look out, the girl scout cookies changed recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
alison0313 said:
The cookies have several different bakers. Thats why sometimes the names and recipes are different. Its very possible that the Tagalongs you know and love are still being made in a different part of the country.

That explains it! Somebody else told me this too, that different bakeries are being used and that some scout groups use one and some another. So this might explain why some of you say they haven't changed but from what I've seen they have, and drastically. I would like to know what is going on with the new thin mints, if they changed too, before I buy any. The bakeries are in competition with one another from what I've been told so if everyone complains about the bad one maybe they won't use them next year.

Last edited:
I finally caved into my curiosity and bought Dreyer's Samoas ice cream last night. It's extremely disappointing. It has chunks of the cookies in it, but honestly, the overall taste is very bland. It almost doesn't taste like anything. :(

Was just wondering how much money people paid for a box ??

I paid $4.00 ... the lady told me it was because she sold them in Cook County (although, Du Page County sold them for $3.50)

I thought maybe she wasn't from Cook and might have been selling them at the higher price so she could pocket the EXTRA fee. :tsk:

They should be one price (no matter what area they are sold at) :up:

And thank goodness ... those Carmel DeLites do taste just like those Samoas !! :drool:

The day they change them is the day I stop buying their cookies. END OF STORY !! Let's hope that NEVER happens. :wink:

some people AREgetting bigger.The cookies have never changed size.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Cadbury tried to sell that same lie when they made the creme eggs smaller :tsk:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadbury's_Creme_Egg#Product_specification

You missed the relation......but thanks for the wikipedia source!

Fat-Guy-in-Chair.jpg

Last edited:
bonosgirl84 said:
I bought two more boxes yesterday.

It's those little faces looking up at me that gets me every time :angry:

It's the faces on the box, itself, in many cases. This is identical to the packaging that greeted me at work:

2006_04_01girlguides.jpg

It's like happiness in a box. It's awfully difficult to say no to that.

In terms of "helping the children," I'm all for that, but what are they doing exactly with these "funds"? Are they really helping the community? I've been dreading going outside today, because I face a mountain of snow in my path. The funny thing is, I don't see a Girl Guide in sight (and I have a very good view of the street).

The place that I bought them from said the money is going to fund that troop's trip to New York.

I really don't care where the money is going as long as I get my chocolate covered peanut butter cookie, damn it :madwife: (the box is already gone - I knew I should have gotten more than one :reject: )

Just an update for everyone on my earlier post. Not long after I made those remarks, an amazing thing happened: The girls showed up, started shovelling, and started restoring my faith in the Guiding (Scouting in the US) movement.

1010085wy7.jpg

1010084th1.jpg

Pretty great teamwork. :up:

However, just when things were going great, there was a sudden shift in attitude once I started asking questions about the necessity of trans fats in the cookies:

picture082ms8.jpg

They ran away, laughing, with one of them shouting "Maybe you can sponsor us to plant a little tree in the Spring!"

:angry:

I still haven't received mine! :scream:

I think different parts of the countries are on different schedules right?? right??? :(

Back
Top Bottom