Look out, the girl scout cookies changed recipes - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 02-22-2008, 02:07 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier
Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 05:24 AM
Originally posted by dsmith2904
Keebler's Fudge Shoppe Peanut Butter Filled cookies taste like Tagalongs and are available all year.

You shouldn't have told me that

Old 02-22-2008, 02:17 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 02:24 AM
I just finished the 1st of 4 boxes of Thin Mints... good as ever

And there's something about the excitement of something you can only get once a year.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:22 PM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier
Luckily, no one has been around, hawking cookies this year. I like the Thin Mints, but MrPurrl does not: he refers to them as "those little flat m*f*ers."
Old 02-22-2008, 02:45 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 04:24 AM
peanut butter sandwiches (not the chocolate covered ones, those are like lame reasces) are my 3rd favorite. I didn't get any this year. I've already eaten my way through one of my two boxes of Thin Mints and 12 of my 15 Samoas. I can't decide which are better...
Old 02-22-2008, 02:48 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict
Also, funny story. The girlscouts from town come and sell cookies at the entrance to the dining hall and do great business. There will be various 8-10 year old girls with a parent and a wagon full of cookies all the time. The dining hall entrance is used for all sorts of tabling, from causes to grad school recruiters to girlscouts. Well the day before Valentine's day the Sexual Health Counselors always hand out "condoms and candy" at the entrance. These are condoms with candy taped to them so you can pretend you are grabbing a few for the lolipop or chocolate or whatever. So I walk into dinner on Feb 13 and right next to each other are a girl scout going "girl scout cookies" and a girl going "condoms and candy!"

after dinner I asked the condoms and candy girl, she said it got awkward when the girlscout asked her mother why everyone kept laughing.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:09 PM   #21
War Child
Old 02-22-2008, 03:10 PM   #22
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!
Local Time: 02:24 AM
I quit buying the Girl Scout cookies a couple years ago because it seems to me something changes each year. The cookies get smaller, the boxes get smaller, the flavor is not the same. Not worth it to me. It's just not the same. Another changed American tradition.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:21 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 01:24 AM
I always buy 10 boxes from my granddaughter and they donate them to Ronald McDonald House in Oregon.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:54 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:54 AM
Here in Canada, they're called "Girl Guide Cookies." I bought a box at work a few weeks back, thinking I was helping them out. I stashed them in my drawer for emergency purposes. One evening, I was working late, and pulled out the cookies to fuel my brain. I ended up eating five or six. They were good. Then I looked at the ingredients. Next to the chocolate, the lecithin, the colour # 6, the sugar, and the "tender, loving care," there was TRANS FATS.

I opened up my heart, and my wallet, and those girls tried to kill me.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:21 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict
I teach basic skills ice skating, and about 25% of my students attacked me for Girl Scout Cookies. Tomorrow I have 2 boxes of Thin mints and 2 of Samoas coming to me. The roomie brought home exactly the same order from work the other day.

I could live on Samoas. In fact, I just had two.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:18 PM   #26
The cookies have several different bakers. Thats why sometimes the names and recipes are different. Its very possible that the Tagalongs you know and love are still being made in a different part of the country.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:57 PM   #27
love, blood, life
I just had Thin Mints yesterday still soooo good nothing changed
Old 02-22-2008, 09:59 PM   #28
love, blood, life
Originally posted by Sicy
Overpriced crappy cookies
Old 02-22-2008, 11:19 PM   #29
Local Time: 09:24 AM
Ahh, those Thin Mints are my fave, but I just found out I can't have sugar anymore! Oh well...better to get healthy.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:16 AM   #30
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
Originally posted by AnnRKeyintheUSA
I bought ONE box yesterday and I'm glad I didn't get more. I got my fave, tagalongs, but they are now called just 'peanut butter patties.'
actually, it sounds like the girl scout troops in your area just switched bakers. there's two companies who provide cookies for the girl scouts. little brownie bakers are the ones who use the "nicknames" (tagalongs, samoas, trefoils, etc.) for their cookies, while abc smart cookies use the "descriptive" names (peanut butter patties, caramel delites, shortbread, etc.) for them. in florida, i was used to the latter, but here, they use the former. i don't remember a difference in taste, but then again it's been ~15 years since i've had a peanut butter patty vs. a tagalong, so i'm not sure.

but i definitely agree on what everyone's saying about them being overpriced, etc. i was a brownie and a junior scout, and i remember the boxes being bigger than they are now, and i remember a box of cookies being $2.50 - which was fantastic because it made math easy when you're like six or seven trying to sell girl scout cookies "by yourself" (meaning your mom's standing behind you letting you do all the work, which is a good thing, i'm just saying).

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann