Lonliness Sucks (Lonliness Unappreciation Thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
It just does.

It's been too long since I had my last boyfriend, and I haven't even dated in between the time he broke up with me and now.

Don't get me wrong, him leaving was like a blessing, and a breath of fresh air. After he left, I was renewed in ways and was much better off. In fact, this last summer was one of my best in years. I saw my friends a lot, went a few places, began a steady job that I like pretty well, etc. The single thing didn't bother me, I flirted and went out and was approached by guys, but I didn't want to get into anything. So, things were cool.

Now, though...it's wearing thin. I don't necessarily need or want to fall in love, just some companionship (outside of my great circle of loving and supportive friends) would be nice.

OK, I'll shut up now.

*sighs*
smile.gif

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
I don't necessarily need or want to fall in love, just some companionship (outside of my great circle of loving and supportive friends) would be nice.

That really hits home for how I'm feeling now. I just got back from homecoming, and being around so many seemingly happy people is awkward. I haven't been in a relationship for over a year now (when my ex dumped me and left when another guy at... homecoming). I don't want to go and just find someone to be with someone. But from time to time I feel very alone in the world. I had a decent time dancing and talking to people, but it's almost taunting myself because I know I'm gonna leave alone and everything will be the same the next day. Alas. Well, hope things get happier for you and stuff (That was a poor sentence, I know)

[This message has been edited by UnforgettableLemon (edited 10-06-2001).]

Thanks, Jason. I hope things work out well for you too.
smile.gif
It seems like very lonely times around these here parts, but we'll all be OK.

smile.gif

------------------
Feel like trash
you make me feel clean
I'm in the black
can't see or be seen

~April~
(AIM:pOPLemonGirl)

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

I'm lonely too...

I've never been in a very serious relationship--the longest for me has been 4 months--but I'd like to try one out. However I don't want to just dive into one for the sake of diving into one. It would have to be for the right reasons, which means that the guy would also have to have the same intentions: that he's also looking to be with someone for the right reasons. I say "right reasons" assuming there's a general consensus of what is considered right and wrong in a relationship.

Guess I haven't found that guy yet.

It's funny you bring up Homecoming UnforgettableLemon--tonight was my school's Homecoming dance. I went to the game last night, but skipped out on the dance. I initially thought I'd be out of town this weekend, so I didnt' bother making plans, so didn't exactly have a date. Also this school is new to me this year so I'm still kind of easing my way into it. I could have gone stag I suppose but I just didn't feel up to it! I would have probably gone with my friend and her close boyfriend of 2 years. It's so strange... they plan on getting married out of high school--they really do make a good match. I just can't imagine having everything all figured out as far as that's concerned... must be nice to have a plan, but there's still time
smile.gif

hehe...i guess we all have our forums to post our loneliness. melon has 'free your mind.' whortense has 'million dollar hotel.' you have 'lemonade stand.'

but what's all the same is that there are people in your exact situation who can empathize. man, it's been forever since this old french whore has got any action. where's the comte st. germain when i need it????!!!!!1111

gao
mad.gif

------------------
~whortense wiffin
walla walla, washington

melon, I need some vodka in this lemonade. lol

Yep, this popwhore hasn't had any action in quite awhile too.
tongue.gif

Guess we just have to start looking in the right places, maybe then we'll find what we're looking for.
smile.gif

------------------
Feel like trash
you make me feel clean
I'm in the black
can't see or be seen

~April~

Guess we just have to start looking in the right places, maybe then we'll find what we're looking for.
smile.gif

Where are these right places? I need to know.

------------------

Got to walk out of here, I can't take anymore
Gonna stand on that bridge, keep my eyes down below
Whatever may come and whatever may go
that river's flowing

"Don't Give Up", Peter Gabriel

smile.gif

Where are these right places? I need to know.

------------------

Got to walk out of here, I can't take anymore
Gonna stand on that bridge, keep my eyes down below
Whatever may come and whatever may go
that river's flowing

"Don't Give Up", Peter Gabriel

I know where the right places are! During foreplay......, oops! Are you talking about actual places? sorry

------------------
Macphisto worships me!

Originally posted by mikal:
I know where the right places are! During foreplay......, oops! Are you talking about actual places? sorry

rolleyes.gif

I know you know that stuff, Cookie!
wink.gif

Silly boy.

------------------
Feel like trash
you make me feel clean
I'm in the black
can't see or be seen

~April~

As I just found out, sometimes the right places are places that have been there all along. Maybe even in the places where you thought there would never be anything.

And not to make everyone feel bad or anything, but after this weekend, I'm not lonely in the slightest. *happy sigh*

------------------
Slow down my beating heart

Originally posted by Diemen:
As I just found out, sometimes the right places are places that have been there all along. Maybe even in the places where you thought there would never be anything.

And not to make everyone feel bad or anything, but after this weekend, I'm not lonely in the slightest. *happy sigh*

Thanks, Diemen....I'm so happy for you btw!

biggrin.gif

------------------
Feel like trash
you make me feel clean
I'm in the black
can't see or be seen

~April~

Originally posted by mad1:
Im terribly lonely too, never had a proper boyfriend, but guys scare me, and I know they like perfection and all, and cause Im not, I understand so I stay back............

ya know??????

fuck, who needs men!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

LOL@Mad!! Awww, you guys this is depressing!
biggrin.gif

But I know what your talking about, since I broke up with my ex, back in May, I really hadn't had any BF or something close to a relationship since then... and *sigh* you do get so damn lonely. But then someone comes your way when you least expect it... *this is kinda where I'm at right now
smile.gif

Anywho,

(((((((To all the lonely folks)))))))

"And a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle..." hehehe

------------------
"Were one but we're not the same... some us like the POP LOOK!" - ME!

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 10-08-2001).]

Here's something I've been thinking about. I think all of us who have posted here are pretty young - early 20s and younger (correct me if I'm wrong). A few of us are still in high school, or are in college still. If you're still in high school, I really wouldn't worry too much about not having a girlfriend/boyfriend. Trust me, what you thought you needed in life and even who you think you are changes drastically from high school to college. You really shouldn't worry too much. I know I worried about not having a girlfriend, but to be perfectly honest, looking back I really made a bigger deal out of it than I should have.

Now, if you're in college then it does get a little more worrisome, mainly because you hear how everybody finds their soulmate/partner/love of their life in college. And I'll admit, I really felt that pressure and it did cause me to worry a lot because for the vast majority of college I didn't have a girlfriend. But for me, when I graduated college the things that were truly important to me became very clear. Much more so than the transition from high school to college. And even though the pressure to find someone is still there, you have to remind yourself that you're still young in the grand scheme of things, and now you're in the real life, and you'd be surprised where things pop up in real life that might lead to something more.

In some ways it's a little harder to find someone out of school because you don't have the convenience of classes to force that kind of constant interaction with lots of different people. But you also find out VERY quickly who the really important people in your life are. In my case it was my best friend of 10 years. Like I said before, sometimes you find the really special ones in places that have been there for most of your life.

But I guess the main thing I have to say is that even though it does hurt to be alone when you'd like to have someone there, life has an amazing way of working out and surprising you with happiness and love. I know this sounds trite and clich?, but it's true. And in some ways it's almost a blessing that it took this long for me to find someone, because now I really know what I want in a girlfriend/friend/wife/lover/etc. I spent all of high school and the majority of college wondering when it'd be my turn to be happy, but now that I've found someone who makes me incredibly happy, the wait is worth it because I learned so much about myself through my mistakes. I'm a better person because of it, and that in turn makes me more prepared for a real relationship.

So for all those out there, keep your chin up, and though there'll be sad times, as long as you hold on to what's important to you, then you'll be amazed at what can happen.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 10-09-2001).]

and I know they like perfection and all, and cause Im not, I understand so I stay back............

ya know??????

That is a silly thing to do. First of all nobodies 'perfect' to everyone, but you might/will be to someone and if you stand back...you never know....

Secondly I used to go out with a 'perfect' girl. She was a model and had the Barbie doll figure, gorgeous face blah blah. At the time I was with her she was the national 'face' (and ummm body) of a major clothing store chain here, as well as being in a national ice cream ad and a 2 week stint playing 'the hot temptress bitch girl who steals the sweet girl next doors boyfriend away and causes all sorts of shit' on a popular Aussie tv series.
Anyway, she was shallow as anything, soooo boring and so so so in love with herself (and she honestly did not seem to have a sense of humour at all) and she lasted, ooooh, 4 weeks?

About 6 weeks later I was seeing another girl, she was short, curvy, brunette, and although she was cute as sin, with a killer smile and eyes, she was never someone that would be a model or anything, but she was smart, funny, and one of the sweetest nicest people I've ever met. Much closer to 'perfect' then the 6 foot busty blonde.
We were together for only about 6 months (she moved to London) but she was great.

So...the point is guys shit on about their 'perfect' girls in a way that is describing the Baywatch cast, but it's not what they really want (except maybe mikal, and I guess Swallow dating a Hooters girl doesn't help).
And remember if you are a hot girl with no personality you'll get treated like a hot girl with no personality, but if you are a gorgeous person, you'll get treated like a gorgeous person.

AND FINALLY all you lonely single girls in here, it only has to be a matter of time, you are all great great people (not to mention those of you with photos on NicaMoms page, woohoo), and it does usually hits when you least expect it.

And that is the end of all that shit, back to dirty talk (*slaps PopAngel on the arse*) I'm talking to you babe.

[This message has been edited by TylerDurden (edited 10-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by TylerDurden (edited 10-08-2001).]

Im terribly lonely too, never had a proper boyfriend, but guys scare me, and I know they like perfection and all, and cause Im not, I understand so I stay back............

ya know??????

fuck, who needs men!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

I agree with Tyler. I'm not looking for perfection. The girl I'm seeing now isn't perfect. There are a few things that are pretty clear flaws, but in the end, it doesn't matter to me. When someone has a nice enough personality and is engaging enough, their flaws become irrelevant. She's a wonderful, amazing person, and I will gladly take her, flaws and all, over someone who is so squeaky clean and spotless there isn't a thing for me to talk to them about.

All I want is a cuddly Bono bear I can sleep with!!!!

whats wrong with that???

biggrin.gif

by god Monica u got strength!!!!

*maddie cant breathe!!*
wink.gif

LOL. Well, I did dated all through the summer, don't get me wrong, but all the guys I went out with turned out to be ....uh..eh.. how can I say it...
idiots! And dear lord pests who kept calling back! LOL

But right now, I'm really "sweet" (LOL) On this guy.... awwww! LOL

------------------

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Too much school.
Not enough alcohol.
After U2, not much to look forward to.
Women? What women?

*sigh*....maybe someday

------------------
Change is the only constant

Tyler, wow, that was great what you said! I applaud yah!
wink.gif

Diemen, the same, great post!!

------------------

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

ah its all very well Tyler, but unfort too much of seeing men leave for stunners, plus I had a horrible experience with a guy..............and to me guys chat too much about how the girl is with them, prob inc.how they are in bed!!!!!
whether they are great or not........

sorry, u cant change how I think,,,,,obv!
but.......thats me.........

until the day Im proven wrong.........I will remain as maddie the eejit.......
rolleyes.gif

dont me mad at me.......dont sound frustrated either.........
frown.gif

It is a bonus too being single, and sometimes I'd rather look at a couple deeply in luv and be more happy for them, than try and be for myself, ya know?

I heard that. Lonliness is eating me alive right now. My boyfriend of four and a half years decided that working on relationships is far too difficult so he dumped me out of the blue about four weeks ago. So what are you gonna do? I liek to listen to Auchtung Baby and feel wounded. Tres exciting. Guess some of us are just incapable of relationships eh?

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.

I've been single on and off for a year now, but I can honestly say I haven't been feeling lonely. I think what I got out of my last serious relationship was the belief that I can be loved, and even though I don't think I'll ever get married, I don't think I'll be alone for long periods of time either. And I just had a very pleasant date last night, not worrying about whether it will turn into anything, but just enjoying a good time out.

I hope you all find what you're looking for, hopefully soon.

Thanks, Klodimir-I sincerely hope so!
smile.gif

notiti-{{{{hugs}}}}} Achtung Baby helps enourmously, but ATYCLB is very soothing as well-helped with my big heartache last year!

I'm posting in here again just to rant a little...well, not "rant" per se, just to bitch a teeny bit.
tongue.gif

I had a horrible day today. Not because of anything that happened to me, but it was a very "low on myself" type day-y'know the type, where you feel as if you have nothing to offer, yadda-yadda. It was very depressing indeed. I came home and had a few self-induldgent hours, and now I think I feel better. I think. *sigh*

I'll get over things. I always do in some way or another...was just feeling kind of down and wanted to spread the joy. lol

smile.gif

------------------
The more you take the less you feel
The less you know the more you believe
The more you have the more it takes today

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Thanks, Klodimir-I sincerely hope so!
smile.gif

notiti-{{{{hugs}}}}} Achtung Baby helps enourmously, but ATYCLB is very soothing as well-helped with my big heartache last year!

I'm posting in here again just to rant a little...well, not "rant" per se, just to bitch a teeny bit.
tongue.gif

I had a horrible day today. Not because of anything that happened to me, but it was a very "low on myself" type day-y'know the type, where you feel as if you have nothing to offer, yadda-yadda. It was very depressing indeed. I came home and had a few self-induldgent hours, and now I think I feel better. I think. *sigh*

I'll get over things. I always do in some way or another...was just feeling kind of down and wanted to spread the joy. lol

smile.gif

Awww. I know just how you feel about those kind of days. I used to have them waaaaaaaay too often. Sad love song days suck
frown.gif

But like I said before, life has a way of surprising you with the kind of happiness you didn't think you'd ever find. I know I'm happier right now then I have been in God knows how long - and 2 months ago I was feeling pretty down about myself. All because I decided to just follow my heart and not let logic or fear of rejection get in the way (you have no idea how long I've had to battle that...).

For probably the first time ever, I feel totally comfortable letting my romantic side out and just saying what's in my heart and on my mind without weighing it over and over.

--

Sorry, didn't mean to parade on your rain or anything
wink.gif
- but I'm very happy right now. Can ya tell?
biggrin.gif

Hang in there, Angel!

Back
Top Bottom