Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:

Ah, but they exist in a state of quantum flux, being neither strangled nor unstrangled, until they are observed...

... and you sound like you wouldn't mind opening Thom's throat for a look. :lol:

</schroedinger'scat>

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

... I've just been out-nerded for a joke. I am thoroughly impressed. Come on, Schroedinger's Cat? I owe you a muffin or a drink or something.

Schroedinger's Cat is one of my favourite ways to fuck with people's minds. Used it all through high school.

major_panic said:
That's true, but the problem, as you said, is that I could get better, more efficient customer service in Maccas. Our train breaks down, we don't find out until five minutes after it's supposed to have arrived - despite it breaking down an hour ago. There's a fire at MC station - they shut the entire loop down, and expect everyone to deal with it.

Also their public service announcements are about as friendly as a flying tomahawk, especially the "apologies" for delayed or cancelled trains.

Otherwise, they do a good job of putting up with idiots like Lynne Kosky.

:lol: Yeah, this is all true. Though, to be fair, underground systems can be very volatile and the only responsible thing to do would be to shut down the Loop with a fire at Central. You would be risking even further calamity if you kept anything running. At least Melbourne has the tram network to help with some of the slack, and at least get people down to Flinders Street Station.

bono_man2002 said:
:shocked:

Suppermassive Black Hole is fucking awesome.

You missed the shows in January though, they were both almost better.

Citzen Erased, The Extended awesomeness of Assassin.

Also, when they had that technical fuck up in November the had Ruled By Secrecy on the setlist, and they didn't play it. that is probably my favorite song from Absolution!

I've always despised Supermassive Black Hole, you know this! Bellamy's vocals sound hideous and the music is just bad.

Honestly, I'm glad we missed out on Ruled By Secrecy. It's never really stood out to me, while we got Apocalypse Please instead, which is one of my favourites.

Axver said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

... I've just been out-nerded for a joke. I am thoroughly impressed. Come on, Schroedinger's Cat? I owe you a muffin or a drink or something.

Schroedinger's Cat is one of my favourite ways to fuck with people's minds. Used it all through high school.

:rockon: Schroedinger's Cat...

Axver said:

:D I think that was the height of my mental powers for today, if not the week. It's all down hill from here, folks...

I never used it for mindfucking, personally, and if I think about it too much I get a headache, but yeah.

Then again, the other half of my brain thinks it's all bullshit. Seems like pure conceit to imagine that reality has to be determined/conjured into existence by a pair of sentient eyeballs. What, nothing existed before consciousness evolved? (or any eyeballs, if it's just observation that's required.) :tsk: Such egos humans have....

:wink:

bono_man2002 said:
oh...and

P.S Phil Collins rocks! :rockon:

No. He ruined an already bad prog band, released even worse solo music, and gave birth to Phail Collins.

'Sing for Absolution' is niiiiice :D

Not sure about his singing style though .. it's a bit ummmm .. too much chanelling-Jeff-Buckley for me

(no offence :reject: )

Axver said:

:lol: Yeah, this is all true. Though, to be fair, underground systems can be very volatile and the only responsible thing to do would be to shut down the Loop with a fire at Central. You would be risking even further calamity if you kept anything running. At least Melbourne has the tram network to help with some of the slack, and at least get people down to Flinders Street Station.

I don't understand why everyone else in all the other states pays out Melbourne's tram network. It's honestly the best idea ever. Better than anything that Sydney's ever done.

PIANO SOLO FROM BUTTERFLIES & HURRICANES!!! FTMFW!!!!

Muse_09.jpg

Axver said:

I've always despised Supermassive Black Hole, you know this! Bellamy's vocals sound hideous and the music is just bad.

Honestly, I'm glad we missed out on Ruled By Secrecy. It's never really stood out to me, while we got Apocalypse Please instead, which is one of my favourites.

I really like RBC.. And I don't know what the fuck is up with my text tonight! :shrug:

Alisaura said:
I never used it for mindfucking, personally, and if I think about it too much I get a headache, but yeah.

I just loved to spring it on people and see how they responded. It was always a quick laugh during boring lunch hours when we'd told and re-told every Fawlty joke we knew 20 times already.

Then again, the other half of my brain thinks it's all bullshit. Seems like pure conceit to imagine that reality has to be determined/conjured into existence by a pair of sentient eyeballs. What, nothing existed before consciousness evolved? (or any eyeballs, if it's just observation that's required.) :tsk: Such egos humans have....

:wink:

I'd like to reply to this, but I fear any such response would spark a lengthy and in depth theological discussion between Maj. Panic and I. :wink:

Don't have any entire Phil Collins albums... just random tracks (ie, singles I heard on the radio a lot)...

I bet I got that whole observation = reality thing wrong and Ax is about to philosophically pwn me. :sigh:

Axver said:
I'd like to reply to this, but I fear any such response would spark a lengthy and in depth theological discussion between Maj. Panic and I. :wink:
Yay! pwnage averted! :yippie:

And don't let me come between you both :wink:

major_panic said:

I don't understand why everyone else in all the other states pays out Melbourne's tram network. It's honestly the best idea ever. Better than anything that Sydney's ever done.

People pay it out? All I ever heard in Queensland is how jealous everyone is of it and how stupid it was to rip up Brisbane's trams - especially as Brisbane very nearly kept theirs. Brisbane would have trams today if it weren't for a depot fire in 1967 that destroyed a third of its tram fleet. Before that fire, removing the trams was completely impractical and unjustifiable. But after the fire, the bus lobby was able to exert enough influence to get the trams shut down. These idiots were incidentally in cahoots with the same idiots who got that fucking ugly motorway built alongside the Brisbane River where there should be parkland or something ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom