Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
Well, true. We don't exactly have too much history going on in a conventional Western sense either. I imagine the Southern Hemisphere must be a dream for marine biologists though!
I bet it is... :yes:

I must go see the Barrier Reef before it dies.

bono_man2002 said:

:down:

On a side note, I know I mentioned this Thursday night....but.....ORCHIDA FUCKING ROCKS!!! :rockon:

Oh, come on, you Aussies normally win the tri-series. Let somebody else have it! You already have home ground advantage. :tsk:

ORCHIDIA FOR THE ROCKED OUT WIN! :drool:

So, have I convinced you to come to PT too?

Axver said:

Ahh, right. I remember we had the heterosexual man hug going on with people like U2Man and zwervers. I really miss them. Those parties were such good fun, probably the best of the tour.

Well, the top shelf of my freezer currently has a lot of lasagne ... :wink:

I don't think I saw many setlist parties from the Europe leg, but from memory they were great times :up:

And....:lol:

Alisaura said:

I bet it is... :yes:

I must go see the Barrier Reef before it dies.

I could have gone for grade ten geography but they told me not to go because of my albinism ... :sad:

bono_man2002 said:

I don't think I saw many setlist parties from the Europe leg, but from memory they were great times :up:

And....:lol:

Yeah, the European parties were at a shithouse time for us, I got up at 6am for them and that was usually a few songs into the set. The US ones were pretty well timed, especially those on the west coast.

Axver said:

Oh, come on, you Aussies normally win the tri-series. Let somebody else have it! You already have home ground advantage. :tsk:

ORCHIDIA FOR THE ROCKED OUT WIN! :drool:

So, have I convinced you to come to PT too?

Hey....now.....England beat us last year!

:rockon:

I would come, but : A the lack of funds, B the fact that they might not play all that many songs.

If it was say $50, I'd have gotten my tickets already.

Have you jumped on that Muse torrent?

Axver said:
I could have gone for grade ten geography but they told me not to go because of my albinism ... :sad:
I remember you mentioning that... :( :hug:

I could have spent two weeks in year 12 going through the red centre (via Coober Pedy!!), but the trip fell through cos not enough parents were willing to pay $400. That was a frickin BARGAIN, people!! :banghead:

bono_man2002 said:

Hey....now.....England beat us last year!

:rockon:

I would come, but : A the lack of funds, B the fact that they might not play all that many songs.

If it was say $50, I'd have gotten my tickets already.

Have you jumped on that Muse torrent?

I loved the year that the final was South Africa vs New Zealand, with Australia not making it. I didn't so much love how South Africa thumped the Black Caps.

Not quite sure where you get B from. They play about two hours, definitely longer than Muse anyway! Haven't jumped on the torrent yet. Will soon.

Alisaura said:

I remember you mentioning that... :( :hug:

I could have spent two week in year 12 going through the red centre (via Coober Pedy!!), but the trip fell through cos not enough parents were willing to pay $400. That was a frickin BARGAIN, people!! :banghead:

... wow, that's made of epic phailure, on the Phail Collins level. I'd love to do a trip like that. Especially if someone could just turn a dial and lower the temperatures out there. :wink:

Axver said:

I loved the year that the final was South Africa vs New Zealand, with Australia not making it. I didn't so much love how South Africa thumped the Black Caps.

Not quite sure where you get B from. They play about two hours, definitely longer than Muse anyway! Haven't jumped on the torrent yet. Will soon.

Ah damn my dyslexicness!

I was meaning to say "The fact that they might not play too many songs that I like"

Torrent just finished for me. going to grab my headphones and rock the fuck out! :rockon:

If Muse have one downfall live, its the length of their setlists.

however if you were lucky to see them at Wembley or Europe last year on their short stadium tour...they played for a good two hours most of the time.

The next tour I have a lot of hope, as Matt's been saying they want to play more bigger stadiums. Which hopefully means longer shows.

Also, they are due for a new album at some point this year.

Here's hoping :up:

bono_man2002 said:
Ah damn my dyslexicness!

I was meaning to say "The fact that they might not play too many songs that I like"

Torrent just finished for me. going to grab my headphones and rock the fuck out! :rockon:

If Muse have one downfall live, its the length of their setlists.

however if you were lucky to see them at Wembley or Europe last year on their short stadium tour...they played for a good two hours most of the time.

The next tour I have a lot of hope, as Matt's been saying they want to play more bigger stadiums. Which hopefully means longer shows.

Also, they are due for a new album at some point this year.

Here's hoping :up:

Ooh, right. Well, I can guarantee you right now that the following songs will be played: Blackest Eyes, Trains, Halo, Open Car, Fear Of A Blank Planet, Anesthetize. That's like saying "U2 will play Pride, Streets, and Vertigo". I'm also willing to bet we'll get Normal - it's only been done once before, and even then just half of the song by less than half of the band, but it's being used to promote the latest EP and I expect the band will have fully rehearsed it by now.

Now, personally, I'm hoping that, out of songs they've played this tour, we'll get Waiting, Sever, Dark Matter, The Sky Moves Sideways, Even Less, and Drown With Me.

And yes, Muse definitely need longer sets. They play so well that I wasn't disappointed by their short set in Melbourne, but I really don't think any band playing decent sized venues should do any less than two hours.

I also hope their new album is a return to form after Black Holes And Revelations. :yuck:

Axver said:
I also hope their new album is a return to form after Black Holes And Revelations. :yuck:

Judging for what Mr.Bellamy is saying It could be a bunch of different influences, and perhaps more on the electro side.

BHAR is great!.....Some of the B-Sides are even better. Have you heard the Extended version of Assassin?.....and the song Glorious?

I've proclaimed this to be the best PT setlist ever. 4 December 2007, Cologne.

1. Fear of a Blank Planet
2. What Happens Now?
3. The Sound of Muzak
4. Waiting (Phase One)
5. Anesthetize
6. Open Car
7. Dark Matter
8. Blackest Eyes
9. Cheating the Polygraph
10. Even Less
11. A Smart Kid
12. Way Out of Here
14. Sleep Together

15. The Sky Moves Sideways
16. Trains
17. Halo

All of the most recent setlists have been off the planet, but that? No size seven font can fully express the SuperWin contained within that setlist.

Wonder how much things will change in Australia ...

bono_man2002 said:

Judging for what Mr.Bellamy is saying It could be a bunch of different influences, and perhaps more on the electro side.

BHAR is great!.....Some of the B-Sides are even better. Have you heard the Extended version of Assassin?.....and the song Glorious?

I fucking hate BHAR. I can't listen to it. Starlight's probably the only song I like. Invincible, Take A Bow, and Knights Of Cydonia were really good live at least; all the mediocrity of their studio versions seemed to have melted away. I haven't heard either of the tracks you mention.

mysterious_jen said:
axe i am still yet to hear any PT , can you send me any ?

Sure. I need to send Ali some more too. Writing about PT will hopefully cheer me up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom