Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen Superthread - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2008, 08:47 AM   #466
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:45 PM
OK, folks, I'm happy to experiment with food, and I want to try the Maj.'s idea of fetta cheese in toasted sandwiches, but you can leave your disgusting fish out of it. Not only am I allergic to it, but that stuff just smells BAD.

Same for egg.

Frankly, judging by their smell, I'm not sure I'm really missing out on anything!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-03-2008, 08:48 AM   #467
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
No idea where either of those places is I'll have to look them up.
Custom House lane comes off Flinders Lane, just near William Street... I believe Manchester Lane is up the other end of town, in the vicinity of Elizabeth st...?

*addicted to satay*

Old 03-03-2008, 08:49 AM   #468
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Also, failed to mention in my last post - Maj., I thought you were older! i.e. my age, 21.

Though you still aren't the baby of our postwhore group. Those would be PFan, LM, and COBL_04.
There are so many interferencers who I thought were older than they are...
Old 03-03-2008, 08:49 AM   #469
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:45 PM
Quote:
OK, folks, I'm happy to experiment with food, and I want to try the Maj.'s idea of fetta cheese in toasted sandwiches, but you can leave your disgusting fish out of it. Not only am I allergic to it, but that stuff just smells BAD.

Same for egg.

Frankly, judging by their smell, I'm not sure I'm really missing out on anything!
You're missing out on the amazing things you can make with eggs, and smoked and raw salmon.

But fetta cheese in toasted sandwiches sounds like a go; I'll have to try that tomorrow too.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:50 AM   #470
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

My team leader is very awesome. I like having late lunches anyway, and 'cos I don't start till 10am now, my old lunch time of 1.30 translates to 3pm... but if I need to buy food and don't want McDonalds or satay, I go earlier while the cafe still has a decent range of stuff left...

Just as well I'm in quarantine this week then
Ahh, well, that's really handy then. I think that with finishing at 1:30, I should probably be able to get down to your part of the city by 2pm. Depends on how Swanston Street is, I guess.

And McDonald's has got to be the worst fast food ever. Especially their chips. Hungry Jack's at least is edible. Though I hate how they aren't Burger King here. I often accicdentally call them that, as I grew up with that name in New Zealand.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-03-2008, 08:52 AM   #471
Blue Crack Supplier

Holy crap, look at the time. I'm supposed to be getting bed rest, people!

Still, I can sleep in and postwhore more tomorrow...

*begins extracting self from internet* That big plug in the back of my head is a pain to pull out on my own...

</matrix>

Old 03-03-2008, 08:53 AM   #472
Vocal parasite

Quote:

There are so many interferencers who I thought were older than they are...
I know a lot of people have been surprised to find I'm 21! I suppose with my setlist habits, I seem like I'm a fan from way back or something. No, I just spent far too much time on elevation-tour.com (U2VT's predecessor) during 2003-04 in study periods at high school.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-03-2008, 08:53 AM   #473
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

And McDonald's has got to be the worst fast food ever. Especially their chips. Hungry Jack's at least is edible. Though I hate how they aren't Burger King here. I often accicdentally call them that, as I grew up with that name in New Zealand.
I only eat Maccas because it's cheap, fast and easier to eat on the move than most other things. It's a pity sushi's expensive.

And at least the oil they fry their chips in is decent - I work in a cafe and usually end up doing some deep-frying, so I'm pretty fussy about oil quality when I eat deep-fried stuff.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:54 AM   #474
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Ahh, well, that's really handy then. I think that with finishing at 1:30, I should probably be able to get down to your part of the city by 2pm. Depends on how Swanston Street is, I guess.

I had severe HJ/BK confusion... I never ate it at all until I was living in Canberra, where it was called Burger King for some reason. Then I moved back here and it's Hungry Jacks... except in Tullamarine Airport.

I'm rather proud of myself... haven't touched Maccas in months. Been rather good with the other junk too... although we had HJ on Sunday.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:55 AM   #475
Vocal parasite

Quote:

... woah, 1am! How did that happen!? I should be off to bed in the next hour too. You certainly should be getting some rest. I'd like to sit around and postwhore tomorrow, but I've got two hours of uni to interrupt that.

At least I get all of Wednesday off.

Quote:
*begins extracting self from internet* That big plug in the back of my head is a pain to pull out on my own...

</matrix>

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-03-2008, 08:55 AM   #476
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

</matrix>

I think we all need to sleep around now. The Americans should be on soon; they'll take over, I suppose.

So far:

Alisaura 95
Axver 95
bono_man2002 71
major_panic 55
mysterious_jen 47
TranceEnding 28
Canadiens1160 23
cinnaminson 21
The Sad Punk 12
Varitek 9
coolian2 6
phillyfan26 5
unico 5
Dalton 2
Old 03-03-2008, 08:57 AM   #477
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

No tutes and a dental appointment mean I get tomorrow off, hurrah! But my dad's back from Malaysia, so I'm not gonna be online till late. Wednesday is right out, got church after uni. And Thursday, mwahahaha, Axver gets ambushed by a random Asian!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:58 AM   #478
Blue Crack Supplier

OMG! I'm tied with Ax for the lead....
Old 03-03-2008, 08:58 AM   #479
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I had severe HJ/BK confusion... I never ate it at all until I was living in Canberra, where it was called Burger King for some reason. Then I moved back here and it's Hungry Jacks... except in Tullamarine Airport.

I'm rather proud of myself... haven't touched Maccas in months. Been rather good with the other junk too... although we had HJ on Sunday.
Oh, they're actually Burger King in the ACT? And I didn't even notice that at Tullamarine! I once read why they're Hungry Jack's for the most part, but I can't remember it now. Bah.

I've had almost no fast food besides Subway since November. Haven't had anybody to eat it with! The one friend who does eat that stuff returned to the US then for the summer holidays, and since she returned is now very much an ex-friend who I wouldn't trust with a five cent piece ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-03-2008, 09:00 AM   #480
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Wow, you people are healthy. But I exercise to compensate for that, which I really hope actually works...

Quote:

The one friend who does eat that stuff returned to the US then for the summer holidays, and since she returned is now very much an ex-friend who I wouldn't trust with a five cent piece ...
She's Asian?

It's great, only I can make that joke without it being racism...

Tags
superthread