Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW NSW, I am not a "Fry Cook" believe it or not my official title is "Fry Fryer". Some of the people call me FF for short but those God damn guys in the back always call me "Fat Fuck", I swear that's the only English I have ever heard them speak. I know they speak it well, but they don't want me to understand what they are talking about.

Dalton said:
BTW NSW, I am not a "Fry Cook" believe it or not my official title is "Fry Fryer". Some of the people call me FF for short but those God damn guys in the back always call me "Fat Fuck", I swear that's the only English I have ever heard them speak. I know they speak it well, but they don't want me to understand what they are talking about.

GFY

Did you understand that?

I'll bet you look a lot like Darrell Evans.

Screwtape2 said:
I guess there is no place for a romantic in the modern age. :(

I'm out. Have a good day everyone.

Nobody said that, I believe in romance, though I believe it should be a little more original and spontaneous than I think your conception if it is. I'm up for romance any time...but I don't believe exclusively in romance either, that just gets sickening.

phanan said:

You're seeing things in black and white. That's just not how it works.
IIn my several years of romantic ups and downs, I've come to the conclusion that it's like throwing a lot of sticky freshly-cooked pieces of pasta at a wall.

Sometimes a couple of pieces stick, but you can't pin your hopes on one in particular.

Once in a while you do find one that sticks, and you're really happy about it.

But most of the time it just ends up a big mess on the floor.

Varitek said:

Nobody said that, I believe in romance, though I believe it should be a little more original and spontaneous than I think your conception if it is. I'm up for romance any time...but I don't believe exclusively in romance either, that just gets sickening.

How do you know how original/unoriginal his conception was?

Canadiens1160 said:
IIn my several years of romantic ups and downs, I've come to the conclusion that it's like throwing a lot of sticky pieces of pasta at a wall.

Sometimes a couple of pieces stick, but you can't pin your hopes on one in particular.

Once in a while you do find one that sticks, and you're really happy about it.

But most of the time it just ends up a big mess on the floor.

:sad: That's Beautiful!

Dalton said:

How do you know how original/unoriginal his conception was?

the poems, love songs, pedestal etc. seems rather cookie-cutter to me. I just roll my eyes at poems and flowers usually. I'd rather be suprised. The pasta I laughed at.

Varitek said:

the poems, love songs, pedestal etc. seems rather cookie-cutter to me. I just roll my eyes at poems and flowers usually. I'd rather be suprised. The pasta I laughed at.

When you are really serious about a guy, you should give me his email. I can tell him about the pubic hair/ring idea. ROmanCE.

BTW: have you gotten a text yet today?

unico said:
Love is like a roll of tape
It's real good for making two things one
But just like that roll of tape
Love sometimes breaks off before you were done

And people are like retractable pencils
You push 'em too hard, they're gonna break

I like my women like I like my coffee:

Picked up in Central America, put into a canvas bag and placed across the back of a burro, United States-bound.

That romantic enough, Screwtape???

Canadiens1160 said:

I dunno, you can't put all your eggs in one basket, know what I'm sayin'?

I totally agree.

but I still want this dude to text me. Dalton he hasn't responded, did I scare him off? Given that I don't give a shit about embarassing myself IF I never see him again, and therefore am willing to send 1 more text just in case if I don't hear from him by wednesday or so, what coudl I say? "what's up? didn't mean to scare you off"?

i fucking hate text messages.

Varitek said:

i think it depends on the person. some people prefer that. others not so much. poems and songs can be original too.

Dalton said:

When you are really serious about a guy, you should give me his email. I can tell him about the pubic hair/ring idea. ROmanCE.

well, I wouldn't call that romantic either. but I would definitely call it hilarious.

unico said:

i think it depends on the person. some people prefer that. others not so much. poems and songs can be original too.

Oh I totally agree - I just tend to roll my eyes at what looks like it's following a recipe. I'm also very spontaneous when it comes to romance/sex, which was another problem with the way me and my ex ended up relating to each other.

No spoken words said:

Dalton, Varitek is asking you for advice.

I find this to be the best interference development in ages.

this started last night. I have no straight male friends to ask for advice...

Varitek said:

I totally agree.

but I still want this dude to text me. Dalton he hasn't responded, did I scare him off? Given that I don't give a shit about embarassing myself IF I never see him again, and therefore am willing to send 1 more text just in case if I don't hear from him by wednesday or so, what coudl I say? "what's up? didn't mean to scare you off"?

i fucking hate text messages.

Yeah, you're in tricky water now. I think you have to text him one more time, but I wouldn't ask him if you scared him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom