Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*extends lead before running off to bed*

best thing about McDonalds... choc sundaes and the absurdly-named McFlurries.

I sometimes still used to dunk fries in the sundae.... :reject:

major_panic said:
And Thursday, mwahahaha, Axver gets ambushed by a random Asian!

Since "you has sword" ... :uhoh:

No, I'm looking forward to it. I'll try to bore you with setlist data or something. :wink:

Axver said:

Since "you has sword" ... :uhoh:

No, I'm looking forward to it. I'll try to bore you with setlist data or something. :wink:

Awesome! Incidentally, I just downloaded the third Point Depot Lovetown show; gonna listen to it later.

Anyway, I think it's time we made our goodbyes! We all have things to be up for tomorrow (today)!

Alisaura said:
I sometimes still used to dunk fries in the sundae.... :reject:

You do what now?!

Though I, uh, still mix my soft drinks when I have the opportunity. I tend to use about 1/2 Lift, 1/4 Coke, 3/4 of the remaining 1/4 Fanta, then Sprite to top it off.

Axver said:

Though I, uh, still mix my soft drinks when I have the opportunity. I tend to use about 1/2 Lift, 1/4 Coke, 3/4 of the remaining 1/4 Fanta, then Sprite to top it off.

:hi5: to that too!

major_panic said:
Awesome! Incidentally, I just downloaded the third Point Depot Lovetown show; gonna listen to it later.

Anyway, I think it's time we made our goodbyes! We all have things to be up for tomorrow (today)!

Ooh, awesome. That's sometimes my favourite. Sure, 26/12 has what I consider the best performances of OTH and Streets, but I think 30/12 is a winner for overall setlist. 11OTT, She's A Mystery To Me, and that amazing WOWY ... :drool:

And yeah, I think we should probably all be making a move soon. I'll still be here for about 25 minutes, but that's it. Have a good night! :wave:

Axver said:
You do what now?!

Maccas fries + maccas choc sundae = mysterious Win. It should be wrong, but somehow it works... :uhoh:

Argh, a drink-mixer!! I never got into that... first time I saw a kid doing that here, I thought he was on crack or something... :lol:

Anyway, I was going, wasn't I....

SAMTM, 11OTT and WOWY/Shine won it over for me.

Incidentally, I bought a weird dodgy local compilation CD in Malaysia I need you to check out - "U2 Ultra Rare Live" which has live versions of SAMTM, Knocking on Heaven's Door, Womanfish etc.

Anyway, good morning y'all, and take care!

major_panic said:
Wow, you people are healthy. But I exercise to compensate for that, which I really hope actually works...

Ah, now I don't exercise. I keep meaning to start going for walks, but ... eh.

She's Asian?:ohmy:

:lmao: It's great, only I can make that joke without it being racism...

That's terrible. :tsk:

... :lol:

I think excercise > healthy eating, for the most part... it's easier for me to not eat crap than it is to get my butt off the computer chair, though. :reject:

Alisaura said:

Maccas fries + maccas choc sundae = mysterious Win. It should be wrong, but somehow it works... :uhoh:

Argh, a drink-mixer!! I never got into that... first time I saw a kid doing that here, I thought he was on crack or something... :lol:

Anyway, I was going, wasn't I....

... really? I've never even heard of anybody doing that. You'll have to introduce me to this mysterious Win, because I can't imagine it.

Haha, I very nearly mixed my drink back at the meet-up last month! But I just wanted to get stuck into my food, so I couldn't be arsed wasting the time.

And you were going ... :wink:

Alisaura said:
I think excercise > healthy eating, for the most part... it's easier for me to not eat crap than it is to get my butt off the computer chair, though. :reject:

Yep. I'd much rather do a nice healthy dinner for myself than go out for a run or something. Especially because I'd look ridiculous running.

Ye gods, I have gigantor mutherfookin' cold & flu tablets.

WHY do they need to be bigger than my oesophagus?!

*edited cos I really don't want pills in my trachea*

Last edited:
unico said:
i'm baaaaaaaaaaack

Just in time too, as it seems the Maj. and Ali are pikers and about to go to bed. :tsk:

OK, so I'm going within the next 30 or so minutes ...

major_panic said:
SAMTM, 11OTT and WOWY/Shine won it over for me.

Incidentally, I bought a weird dodgy local compilation CD in Malaysia I need you to check out - "U2 Ultra Rare Live" which has live versions of SAMTM, Knocking on Heaven's Door, Womanfish etc.

Anyway, good morning y'all, and take care!

Ooh, well, that'd be interesting to have a look at. There's some really odd bootlegs out there.

Have a good one! :wave:

Is it wrong that, instead of thinking about going to bed, I'm noting the absence of a PT setlist website and thinking about starting one ... :reject:

haha well i'm at work but not working. good times. nobody high up is here today. i could've brought my texts and studied. so perhaps today when the thread slows down i'll do some research for my paper.

Axver said:
Is it wrong that, instead of thinking about going to bed, I'm noting the absence of a PT setlist website and thinking about starting one ... :reject:

yes. very wrong.
what you SHOULD be doing is adding more contributions to my epic thread. you're much more creative than i.

unico said:

yes. very wrong.
what you SHOULD be doing is adding more contributions to my epic thread. you're much more creative than i.

:lol:

No, not more creative. Just shittier with MS Paint. :wink:

well i think ms paint adds a special flavor to it. for example, i think LMel's cartoons wouldn't be as badass if they were done in flash. it adds character. there's a sort of cheesy goodness that comes with MS Paint that can't be captured in photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom