Longwave - album and tour dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkayet

New Yorker
I really love Longwave's album "the strangest things." I haven't heard this new one yet, but I need to. Anyone hear it so far??
I'll definitely have to see them with Embrace!

From Filter:

Longwave's new album, There's A Fire, hit stores this week. This is the band's third album and it can be purchased for only $10 at most stores. Albums purchased through iTunes will even get a special bonus track.

Longwave will be opening for Kasabian on four of their tour dates,and will headline a fifth show at the end of July. A tour starting at the end of July with Brit band Embrace has been confirmed.

U.S Tour Dates with Kasabian:

7/18 Pittsburgh, PA- Mr. Small's Theatre
7/19 Rochester, NY- Water St. Music Hall
7/20 Cleveland, OH- Grog Shop
7/21 Cincinati, OH- Bogarts
7/23 Indianapolis, IN- The Pario (Headlining Date)

Dates Opening for Embrace:

7/27 Providence, RI- The Call
7/28 Boston, MA- Paradise Rock Club
7/29 Philidelphia, PA- Theatre of Living Arts
7/30 Norfolk, VA- The Norva
8/02 Washington, DC- Club
8/04 Chicago, IL- Metro
8/05 Lawrence, KS- Granada
8/06 Minneapolis, MN- The Quest
8/08 Denver, CO- Bluebird Theatre
8/09 Salt Lake City, UT- Urban Lounge
8/11 Seattle, WA- Crocodile Café
8/12 Portland, OR- Doug Fir Lounge
8/13 San Francisco, CA- The Independent
8/14 Los Angeles, CA- El Rey

jkayet said:
I really love Longwave's album "the strangest things." I haven't heard this new one yet, but I need to. Anyone hear it so far??

I picked it up last week, I had no clue it was coming out so soon. I've only listened to it once, but I think it's very similar to the last album in that there are some FANTASTIC songs, and some good (but far from great) songs. I need more time with it to let it sink in, but I think it's pretty safe to say that if you liked the last one you will also like this one. The opening track, "There's a Fire", could possibly end up beeing my favorite song of theirs.

Coming to SLC, eh? I'm pretty sure HG was talking about Embrace recently too, could be a good show!

Thanks for the info - can't wait to hear it. :) I need to get tickets for the DC show. So excited for it!

I was thinking the same thing, meegannie.

I quite liked 'The Strangest Things,' but I just haven't picked up the new one yet--too many other albums out that I know I'll like a little bit more.

And why can't Phoenix get any love on the tour circuit lately? I can't be expected to fly up to SLC every weekend!

Back
Top Bottom