Long Way Down (w/Ewan McGregor)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonoFox1

Blue Crack Supplier
Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back agai
First episode this Saturday!..I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ewan, If anyone saw "The Long Way Round" his and his friend Charlie's motorcycle adventure a few years ago when they rode from Scotland (I think it might have been England)to New York ( It was AWESOME).
I don't remember where they will start from this time but I think they end up in Africa!
Who else is going to watch this? :D

thumb-ewan_mcgregor_accident.jpg

Ooooh I saw a commercial for this when I went to see the XF movie. I'm still weirded out by seeing TV commercials in movie theaters. Anyway, I'm a Ewan fan, so I'm definitely going to check this out!

First episode was really good, basically making all the preparations for their 2 month trip. Then Ewan gets the news that his wife wants to join him and Charlie (which Charlie doesn't seem too thrilled) Ms.McGregor doesn't even know how to ride a motorbike! and she has a little more than a month to learn.
Seems like Ms.McGregor will join them for like 2 weeks (in which Charlie thinks it too long) but Ewan seems happy about spending some time with her on their journey.
about 6 weeks before their trip Ewan has an accident on the motorcycle and fractures his ankle :( He is so bummed that he has to be in a cast. Eventually it comes off and he is in a temp cast, first thing he does is hops on his bike when he was told not to :)
A mere day before they fly to Scotland to start their trip Charlie gets into trouble with the local police, something about verbally insulting a woman, Ewan is very worried that the woman will press charges and Charlie will be arrested. Ewan is in Scotland waiting for him until Charlie finally arrives. Able to resolve his situation he too is flown to Scotland to join Ewan and finally begin their journey.

C-U Next week:wave:

ewan_mcgregor.jpg

I loved this, especially his Obi Wan impressions.

But in case anyone is looking it up the name is Long Way Round, not down

I love Ewan.... I went to see the movie version last week and loved it...
I think the movie version was a shorter documentary ... It only lasted 2 hours (2 1/2?). The tv version seems to be much longer and in-depth, from what I can tell by reading the recaps.

Anyone know how long the series will last?

I don't get Fox Reality channel, so I guess I'll have to wait until the dvd comes out to see the whole thing. Its worth the wait... :drool:

I enjoyed Long Way Round better, as Long Way Down was shorter.

watching them find roads hell through Russia, etc, it was interesting seeing how they coped. and of course finishing in NYC with surprise of wives and Ewan's dad.

both guys were just, great!

:wink:

^^ funny you mention that, I just watched this episode on the BBC.
Ewan was sooo emotional when he saw his dad.. just great television.
I thought this was the last episode since they arrived in NY, but the tv guide says it's n°7 out of 10?? So we have some more Ewam to look forward to. :)

Overall I think I liked the Long way down better, the trip through Africa was also hard but beautiful.
Ewan didnt get to Sing U2 songs this time though :hmm:

^^ funny you mention that, I just watched this episode on the BBC.
Ewan was sooo emotional when he saw his dad.. just great television.
I thought this was the last episode since they arrived in NY, but the tv guide says it's n°7 out of 10?? So we have some more Ewam to look forward to. :)

Overall I think I liked the Long way down better, the trip through Africa was also hard but beautiful.
Ewan didnt get to Sing U2 songs this time though :hmm:

Hi Greety :wave:

yep, we were watching those repeats too. :D Was not aware Ewan sung U2 songs thou?

see we bought Long Way Down, and it definately seemed shorter.

dont understand why TV Guide says that, has to be a mistake. HUGE one. :D

^I just ordered The Long Way Round!! :yippie: It's been a while since I saw it and I recall he sang a U2 song on that show I just don't remember what song it was:hmm:

I can't wait for The Long Way Down dvd to go on sale :hyper:

btw what song(s) did Ewan sing this time?

Hi Greety :wave:

yep, we were watching those repeats too. :D Was not aware Ewan sung U2 songs thou?
:D

^I just ordered The Long Way Round!! :yippie: It's been a while since I saw it and I recall he sang a U2 song on that show I just don't remember what song it was:hmm:

I can't wait for The Long Way Down dvd to go on sale :hyper:

btw what song(s) did Ewan sing this time?

I don't know if he san U2 songs on the Africa trip (although he did sing a few lines of some other songs here and there, he's always singing lol)

But in the Long way round, when they were with these Russians who were kinda strange, neither Ewan or Charlie were very much at easy there, these guys were waving guns around and such.
Don't you remember, Ewan even asking himself (to the camera) if they ended up in a maffia gang or something?

After the guns , the Russian brought a guitar out and Ewan started playing, had to start over (due to nerves he said, and I don't blame him) and then played again, rather nice version of Running to stand still :) (I think he felt REALLY uncomfortable there :lol: )

I loved this show, even if it was only for Ewan and his jokes and the way they interacted with each other, it's great to see how close those 2 are.

I don't know if he san U2 songs on the Africa trip (although he did sing a few lines of some other songs here and there, he's always singing lol)

But in the Long way round, when they were with these Russians who were kinda strange, neither Ewan or Charlie were very much at easy there, these guys were waving guns around and such.
Don't you remember, Ewan even asking himself (to the camera) if they ended up in a maffia gang or something?

After the guns , the Russian brought a guitar out and Ewan started playing, had to start over (due to nerves he said, and I don't blame him) and then played again, rather nice version of Running to stand still :) (I think he felt REALLY uncomfortable there :lol: )

I loved this show, even if it was only for Ewan and his jokes and the way they interacted with each other, it's great to see how close those 2 are.

OH! you are right!!! I do recall that scene now!! I guess it's just been a while since I saw it!
I can't wait till I get that dvd in the mail! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom