Long forgotten gem of a song!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think I've ever heard this song in my entire life. Who is John Farnham? Was it a hit in the US?

I do recall the song, but it was never big in the US. I believe he's from Australia and it was huge over there, and I think it did ok in Europe.

I'm sure a trip to wiki would add more, but I'm too lazy.

The "woah oh's" seem vaguely familiar, but I'm not really placing this song either. Awesomely cheesy video though. Gotta love unintentional humor. :up:

u2popmofo said:

3:51 - 3:58

4:33 - 4:37

Fantastic.

lol. Did you mean 3:32 or 3:34 maybe? The whole spinning and changing black and white to color looks cheesy as heck but I don't know what moment you're talking about.

Zootlesque said:

lol. Did you mean 3:32 or 3:34 maybe? The whole spinning and changing black and white to color looks cheesy as heck but I don't know what moment you're talking about.

I think the first one was the guitar player singing along and the second was some kind of added physical emotion. Both just struck me as funny.

So Heart covered this song too? Maybe that's where I remember the chorus from, I actually think I remember seeing that video (even though this original you posted admittedly is better).

Back
Top Bottom