Lonely No More by Rob Thomas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Layton

War Child
This has got to be a candidate for worst song of the year. Longing to start a new relationship has never sounded blander and that's saying something. The only things redeeming here are the fun little sound effects running throughout the song, but somehow they only end up confusing me. Why are there all these fun and happy sound effects in a song about trying to get over your lonliness? Am I missing something?

Rating: 2/10

^yes.

and don't you mean -2/10? giving it a 2 is too good for that song.

my only real feelings on Rob Thomas/Matchbox 20 are that hearing Unwell gives me the mild desire to slaughter everyone in sight.

:shrug:

Matchbox 20 have made some pretty good songs. Not especially lately, but they've made some nonetheless.

Rob Thomas, on the other hand, is complete crap. I thought the single must've been a joke or something the first time I heard it. It's like Matchbox 20 mixed with Enrique Eglasius (spelling?) mixed with Justin Timberlake. :huh:

saltwaterkiss26 said:
my only real feelings on Rob Thomas/Matchbox 20 are that hearing Unwell gives me the mild desire to slaughter everyone in sight.

:shrug:

Interesting, I never found it to be violent in nature :scratch:

what do you expect? matchbox twenty were pioneers in bland corporate safe "rock".

they suck, and always will. rob thomas is a loser. someone should kick him in the ass, and tell him to get a real 7ob.

Zoomerang96 said:
what do you expect? matchbox twenty were pioneers in bland corporate safe "rock".

they suck, and always will. rob thomas is a loser. someone should kick him in the ass, and tell him to get a real 7ob.

He's doing a lot better then you ever will I'm sure :madspit:

one4u2 said:
He's doing a lot better then you ever will I'm sure :madspit:

Orson Welles was brilliant and spent most of his life broke.

Money certainly isn't an indicator of talent.

Melon

indeed, melon.

and by some people's fool-proof logic, brittany spears is doing better than me too. but you know what? i wouldn't agree with it.

i'm happy with who i am, where i am, and where i think i'm going.

if people don't have the capacity to distinguish art from money-making artificial machines, perhaps they should give up on music.

Last edited:
and for the record, if money is so important to you honey, i can pretty much promise that my family has 10 times the wealth that rob thomas does.

now where's my recording contract?

...oh right...my face breaks glass.

nothing surgery can't fix!

Zoomerang96 said:
and for the record, if money is so important to you honey, i can pretty much promise that my family has 10 times the wealth that rob thomas does.

now where's my recording contract?

...oh right...my face breaks glass.

nothing surgery can't fix!

Don't you dare call me honey! And what I meant was with your constant, nasty attitude, he'll get further then you will in life :madspit:

Define "further in life" please. Success is subjective, perhaps not everyone needs a record contract and yes-men to have fufillment.

Back on topic...what was the topic again? Oh Yeah MatchThomas20...haven't really heard it/them/him/whatever so I don't really have an opinion.

Rob Thomas certainly has talent.

Talent in finding the dumbest fucking lyrics and vocals he can pry out of his empty skull and somehow selling the songs in the millions.

Lancemc said:
Rob Thomas certainly has talent.

Talent in finding the dumbest fucking lyrics and vocals he can pry out of his empty skull and somehow selling the songs in the millions.

Although taste in music is subjective... there is truth in what you say. Rob Thomas has succeeded where many (and probably even more talented singer/ musicians/ songwriters) have failed.

how??

for the love of GOd, tell me how he has succeeded?

do it!

Flying FuManchu said:

Although taste in music is subjective... there is truth in what you say. Rob Thomas has succeeded where many (and probably even more talented singer/ musicians/ songwriters) have failed.

:up:

He wrote a song/ got to work with Carlos Santana (guitar legend) with it becoming a number one hit. It is probably immortalized in pop culture to boot. Hell, at least it gets a mention in those nifty VH1 specials. He is rich enough to live extravagantly and has a model for a wife. He's famous enough to probably draw a crowd and not far gone enough to have to perform/ appear in those VH1 (mocumentary) Where Are They Now/ performance shows. He's written/ co-written several hits singles that still get airplay on the radio. Even though the elitist establishment magazines such as Rolling Stone, EW, etc hate him they still interview him or make articles about him and his band b/c HE IS SUCCESSFUL.

IF that isn't successful, by anyone's standards then those people need to go to bizarro world and live there or live on a communee out in the Himalayas b/c this world ain't your cup of tea.

Last edited:
Flying FuManchu said:
He wrote a song/ got to work with Carlos Santana (guitar legend) with it becoming a number one hit. It is probably immortalized in pop culture to boot. Hell, at least it gets a mention in those nifty VH1 specials. He is rich enough to live extravagantly and has a model for a wife. He's famous enough to probably draw a crowd and not far gone enough to have to perform/ appear in those VH1 (mocumentary) Where Are They Now/ performance shows. He's written/ co-written several hits singles that still get airplay on the radio. Even though the elitist establishment magazines such as Rolling Stone, EW, etc hate him they still interview him or make articles about him and his band b/c HE IS SUCCESSFUL.

IF that isn't successful, by anyone's standards then those people need to go to bizarro world and live there or live on a communee out in the Himalayas b/c this world ain't your cup of tea.

:bow:

Back
Top Bottom