LOLLAPALOOZA Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Initial Lollapalooza Dates Unveiled

The first 14 stops on this summer's Lollapalooza tour have been confirmed. As previously reported, the tour will feature two days of music on multiple stages in each city, kicking off July 14-15: Auburn, Wash. Dates are currently confirmed through an Aug. 24-25 stand in Dallas, with more expected.

The first date of each Lollapalooza stop will feature such acts as Morrissey, Sonic Youth, Le Tigre, PJ Harvey, Modest Mouse and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

The second will feature String Cheese Incident, Gomez, Flaming Lips, the Thrills, the Polyphonic Spree, the Coup, Sound Tribe Sector 9, Elbow, Wheat and Dresden Dolls. DJ Peretz (aka Lollapalooza co-founder Perry Farrell) will perform with both bills.

Also confirmed to take part on various dates are Sparta, Broken Social Scene, the Walkmen, the Von Bondies, Bumblebeez 81, Danger Mouse and the Datsuns.

During this weekend's Coachella Valley Arts & Music Festival in Indio, Calif., the Pixies confirmed they will play two Lollapalooza stops. The group will be seen on the main stage July 23 in Ventura, Calif., and Aug. 17 in New York. The dates come in addition the group's own growing fall North American tour.

Here are the confirmed Lollapalooza tour dates:

July 14-15: Auburn, Wash. (White River Amphitheatre)
July 17-18: Mountain View, Calif. (Shoreline Amphitheatre)
July 20-21: Ventura, Calif. (Ventura County Fairgrounds)
July 26-27: Englewood, Colo. (Coors Amphitheatre)
July 29-30: Tinley Park, Ill. (Tweeter Center)
Aug. 2-3: Clarkston, Mich. (DTE Energy Music Theatre)
Aug. 5-6: Toronto (Molson Amphitheatre)
Aug. 9-10: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio (Blossom Music Center)
Aug. 12-13: Columbia, Md. (Merriweather Post)
Aug. 14-15: Mansfield, Mass. (Tweeter Center)
Aug. 16-17: New York (Randalls Island)
Aug. 18-19: Camden, N.J. (Tweeter Center at the Waterfront)
Aug. 21-22: Atlanta (Turner Field)
Aug. 24-25: Dallas (Smirnoff Music Center)

-- Barry A. Jeckell, N.Y

Speaking of the Thrills, should I go see them tomorrow night? I'm afraid I'll be the only one there. :uhoh: It's that kinda town.

And thanks for posting this. It's not coming my way this year.

Last edited:
All I want to know is why the frick no Florida dates have been announced. If I don't see my PJ Harvey, I'm gonna :scream:

I'm sure they'll announce more dates. They did about 2 to 3 times as many shows last year.

WOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

August 9 and 10...I'm SO there!

Wow, my Le Tigre girls, plus Morrissey, Sonic Youth and PJ Harvey.
I'm going to go jump up and down a few times!!!!!!!!

:hyper:

I will be going to Chicago this summer...however I will be seeing this show in MY neck of the woods.

:wink:

i can't wait.

i really wnat to see elbow so bad. and ive missed the thrills mroe times than i care to mention. an d morrissey and brmc will be gret to see too. :D

Apparently the so called 'Pixies' are going to play a couple of the dates now too. :up:

Wilco has just now been added for a couple dates. Somewhere, millions of heads are exploding from the hipness that this festival has become. :combust:

If I miss Lolla again this year... :scream:

Oh wow...guess I'll have to go to both shows now since Wilco will definately be playing the second day in Cleveland.

:hyper: :drool:

...that I MUST attend. Preferably when the pixies are as well. Although I'd get morrissey & elbow regardless... :heart:

so, I am thinking this through here....I am not sure if day two is worth it. :grumpy:

Pixies are only playing NY, I think. Elbow isn't playing every city. :shrug: I really want to see Flaming Lips, but I have a good feeling I will have that chance at SOME POINT in my life. Polyphonic Spree and TVonRadio would be "neat" - but I really don't know. SO...now the question is...WHERE? and, Do I take a day off from work???

WAIT - where is elbow NOT playing? I HAVE to see them...I need to investigate this some more.

*edited b/c I looked - they are playing both MD and NYC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom