LOLLAPALOOZA Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i know it's bullshit but i'm not at all surprised cause i figured without any big name acts that are popular in NA it wasn't going to seel well in big venues.

i'm just waiting for curiosa to do the same...but i sincerely hope not.

Are you fucking kidding me??? This was THE highlight of my goddamn summer. I am beyond bummed right now--really, no words :|

The two-day format was all wrong to begin with. Most of us don't have time to take out 2 days from our life to see a bunch of bands. And those people who do have the time, probably haven't heard much of the headliners to begin with.

At least now I don't have to grind my teeth over not seeing PJ Harvey at Lolla.

HelloAngel said:

At least now I don't have to grind my teeth over not seeing PJ Harvey at Lolla.

She must MUST do an extensive US tour this fall, dammit. :mad:

joyfulgirl said:

She must MUST do an extensive US tour this fall, dammit. :mad:

YES. :rant: Evidently, there is a massive world tour planned, but for her, massive could be far flung dates in cities across the world, and not many many dates.

HelloAngel said:
YES. :rant: Evidently, there is a massive world tour planned, but for her, massive could be far flung dates in cities across the world, and not many many dates.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

July 2004
::
30 - Japan - Naeba - Fujirock Festival
24 - Australia - Byron Bay - Splendour In The Grass Festival
18 - Portugal, Vilar de Mouros festival
15 - England, London, Brixton Academy
14 - England - London, Somerset House - Sold Out
13 - England - London, Somerset House - Sold Out
11 - Scotland - Balado, T In The Park Festival
10 - Ireland - Naas, Oxegen Festival
6 - Switzerland - Montreux - Jazz Festival, Miles Davis Hall
4 - Belgium - Werchter, Werchter Festival
1 - France - Lyon, Fourvieres Festival

June 2004
30 - France - Paris - Le Zenith - Headline Show
27 - Germany - Neuhausen, Southside Festival
26 - Germany - Scheessel, Hurricane Festival
25 - England - Glastonbury, Glastonbury Festival
23 - France - Paris - Le Zenith - Headline Show
20 - Italy - Rome - Romalive Festival
19 - Italy - Imola, Heineken Jammin' Festival
17 - Sweden - Hultsfred - Hustsfred Festival
15 - Russia - Moscow - DK Gorbunova - Headline Show
13 - Greece - Athens, Electron Festival
11 - Holland - The Hague, The Music In My Head Festival
10 - Holland - Amsterdam. Heineken Music Hall - Headline Show
2 - America - New York, The Knitting Factory

May 2004
29 Spain - Barcelona, Primavera Sound Festival
27 - England - Oxford, Zodiac
26 - England - Oxford, Zodiac

HelloAngel said:
The two-day format was all wrong to begin with. Most of us don't have time to take out 2 days from our life to see a bunch of bands.

Exactly.

I think the Toronto dates were on a Wednesday and a Thursday, and while I do have the days to take off, I would not do so for this. I'd rather take a couple more and go to Jamaica for a week than waste 2 of my vacation days mid-week in the searing heat for bands that I like, but don't love.

Sweet Tart said:
i know it's bullshit but i'm not at all surprised cause i figured without any big name acts that are popular in NA it wasn't going to seel well in big venues.
The lineup wasn't gonna sell enough tix, especially the day 2 lineup...they should have had just the top acts all playing one day, but even that might have had trouble, with Morrissey as your top name, these days its not a huge draw.

Hewson said:
The lineup wasn't gonna sell enough tix, especially the day 2 lineup...they should have had just the top acts all playing one day, but even that might have had trouble, with Morrissey as your top name, these days its not a huge draw.

yeah that's true if it was one day people wouldn't have minded taking the day off. i mean it was very resonably priced ($98 CND for 2 days and 30 odd bands). it would cost me hundreds of dollars to see all those bands separately so i was quite excited to see all those bands at one time.

the only band that i wanted to see that i already did was brmc but the rest i hadn't yet so i was really excited.

oh well....another great concert bites the dust. :down:

Back
Top Bottom