Lollapalooza 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lazarus said:

Pearl Jam was as good as always, but the barely 2 hr. set was probably a bit short for them.

I'm especially bummed that they only played one song from No Code (and not one of the better ones), which is my favorite album, but considering there's nothing on the Gorge live set from it either I'm not surprised. Why are they treating their most musically accomplished work like a red-headed stepchild?

And there's not excuse for playing like 4 songs from the new album and none of them being Unemployed.
Perhaps you should have seen them Thursday at the Vic theatre instead, they played "I'm Open" and "Off He Goes".

And I believe the song you were hoping for from the new album is "Unemployable", not "Unemployed". The 4 songs they played last night are far better live songs than "Unemployable". (OK, maybe not "Wasted Reprise" :wink: )

Last edited:
Ifeelnumb84 said:
what did muse play, and how long was their set?

here's the setlist:

Take A Bow
Map of the Problematique (extended)
Hysteria
Supermassive Black Hole
Butterflies and Hurricanes
Apocalypse Please
Feeling Good
Sunburn
Invincible
Starlight
Time Is Running Out
New Born (extended)
Stockholm Syndrome
------------------------------------
Plug in baby
Knights of Cydonia

Hewson said:
Perhaps you should have seen them Thursday at the Vic theatre instead, they played "I'm Open" and "Off He Goes".

And I believe the song you were hoping for from the new album is "Unemployable", not "Unemployed". The 4 songs they played last night are far better live songs than "Unemployable". (OK, maybe not "Wasted Reprise" :wink: )

Thanks for the info. Figures the fan club gets the more obscure good stuff. I'm Open is one of my absolute favs, and I know it's not a common one.

Hopefully that show will pop up online, if it hasn't already.

And I don't know how Unemployable sounds live, but I think it's the best song on the album, as it's something different after 3 albums of pretty rote rock and roll, even if done well.

lazarus said:
I'm still in shock at how good My Morning Jacket was, and I'm ashamed that I hadn't seen them before.

Do I know the feeling that I was feeling last year after Bonnaroo?!

Since then, I've become a jacketastic fanatic.

Please check out my reviews of them on the Intermedia archive (interference home page) and also, may I recommend the jacket forums at mymorningjacket.com.

~a

I'm especially bummed that they only played one song from No Code (and not one of the better ones), which is my favorite album, but considering there's nothing on the Gorge live set from it either I'm not surprised.

Um... Off He Goes, In My Tree and Hail Hail are on the Gorge live set. The first two are, along with Present Tense, my favorites on the album.

lazarus said:
I'm still in shock at how good My Morning Jacket was, and I'm ashamed that I hadn't seen them before.

Pearl Jam was as good as always, but the barely 2 hr. set was probably a bit short for them.

I'm especially bummed that they only played one song from No Code (and not one of the better ones), which is my favorite album, but considering there's nothing on the Gorge live set from it either I'm not surprised. Why are they treating their most musically accomplished work like a red-headed stepchild?

And there's not excuse for playing like 4 songs from the new album and none of them being Unemployed.

SO glad I finally got around to seeing Yo La Tengo, and they didn't disappont. Much more Sonic Youth-esque jamming than I expected, but it was welcome.

i've seen PJ 6 times post no code and i've seen 'em play 10 out of 12 songs off of no code (who you are & around the bend are the only ones i haven't seen... considering they've only played around the bend 10 times, and haven't played who you are since '98... yea)

to contrast, i've seen u2 13 times post pop and i've seen 'em play zero songs off of pop.

i don't think "ignored" quite fits for PJ's relationship to no code.

and no code is also my favorite PJ album, and lukin's one of my favorite songs off of it. so of course, you can't please everyone... but PJ comes as close as anyone.

Last edited:
Hewson said:
I've seen Who You Are, but not Around the Bend

I heard Who You Are sound-checked here in St. John's...so amazing. :drool: It was completely closed to the public, but I pretended I was part of a figure-skating meeting that was taking place in the room next door...I lasted about five minutes when they caught me just sticking my ear to the door. :lol:

I agree with them embracing No Code. Some of their most heartfelt, passionate performances are in the material from that album.

djerdap said:

Um... Off He Goes, In My Tree and Hail Hail are on the Gorge live set. The first two are, along with Present Tense, my favorites on the album.

Weird, I remember looking through the track listings and not seeing anything from it.

Still only 3 songs though.

And In My Tree is in my PJ top 10.

phanan said:
I've seen them once, in Augusta, ME 1996. Also known as the Dennis Rodman show.
Dennis made an appearance Sunday night at Lolla, and there was a show in Dallas in 1998 that can also claim to be "the Dennis Rodman show", he spent 45 drunken minutes onstage that night...the man gets around.

Hewson said:
Here's 10club's youtube response to the AT&T "censoring" of EdVed's GWB lyric in Daughter from the Lollapalooza webcast:

http://www.youtube.com/user/pjtenclub

It's OUTRAGEOUS that PJ were censored like that! :huh: I managed to get an mp3 of the show, and wondered why the audio kept dropping off at some of the key moments. Not only did the company cut them off for the Bush comments during the Pink Floyd tag (a song they've played with for years), but they also shut them down when Eddie started talking about a company that's been polluting Lake Michigan...polluting that's been documented by scientists and environmental groups! This was a complete violation of freedom of speech. Crazy. At least those at the show heard the message.

It's such a sad commentary when it's the artists who are taking the lead in promoting human rights, an end to war, and encouraging better environmental policies.

For anyone interested, PJ's Lollapalooza performance is here: http://www.divshare.com/download/1533857-c2c

Still looking for the unedited version.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom