Lohan Recreates Marliyn Monroe (Nudity)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ewanmcgregor.jpg

nah , scarlet is too serious , lindsey has the charm of liz taylor & MM rolled into one , scarlet is a better actress though , too bad shew became a superstar

Forbes.com

What The Lindsay Lohan Photos Are Worth
Louis Hau, 02.20.08

Exactly how much is it worth to score exclusive nude photos of a hot celebrity? In the case of New York magazine's Web site, more than $500,000 so far, at least on paper.

In the never-ending battle for exclusive celebrity photos, New York could boast an awfully big catch this week: exclusive shots of a nude Lindsay Lohan recreating the legendary final photo shoot of the late Marilyn Monroe.

The photographer who snapped the photos of Lohan was Bert Stern, the same lensman who was behind the camera for Monroe's famed 1962 shoot at the Hotel Bel Air in Los Angeles. And while some magazines reportedly spend millions to get their hands on exclusive photos of celebrities or their babies, New York paid Stern its standard fee for such assignments--and paid Lohan nothing for her participation, according to magazine spokeswoman Lauren Starke.

The Feb. 25 edition of the weekly magazine, with Lohan on the front cover, hit newsstands on Monday. That same morning, the magazine posted the photo portfolio on its NYmag.com Web site.

For a site that's averaged around a million page views a day lately, the results were stunning. NYmag.com recorded a total of more than 40 million page views Monday and Tuesday, more than 34 million of which came from the Lohan portfolio, Starke said.

According to New York's online rate card, the "super banner ad" of the type that appears on the Lohan photo slideshow has a CPM (cost per 1,000 impressions) of $15. Multiply that by the number of views and the Lohan slideshow ads were valued at more than $500,000 over two days. NYmag.com probably charged far less than the rate-card rate, as is common in the industry. Starke said the magazine doesn't disclose revenue details about advertising deals.

Still, New York's Web site no doubt made out pretty well. Some perspective: Based on its rate card, New York generated about as much revenue per day from its online slideshow as it would from four $64,500 full-page color ads in its print edition.

And unlike print, the Lohan score can continue indefinitely online. Wednesday, NYmag.com posted outtakes from the Lohan shoot, "so we expect the heavy traffic to continue,'' Starke said.

The photo portfolio also boosted sales of the print edition of New York. The magazine didn't increase its print run for the Lohan issue, but did set aside an additional 5,000 copies for single-issue back orders from its Web site. As of Wednesday afternoon, the magazine had sold more than a thousand copies of the Lohan issue in this fashion, Starke said.

What about newsstand sales? Specific details weren't available Wednesday, but newsstand circulation accounts for only about 5% of New York's overall take. Starke noted that "we anticipate a very high sell-through rate and have heard anecdotal evidence of copies flying off shelves."

Carek1230 said:
LiLo is too freckled

Now, I can handle some of the comments in here...

You can help your drug reputation, you can help weight reputations, but you can do very little about freckles and it's just a common factor in redheads.

Would you comment on someone being too black, or too white?

I am already sick to death of hearing all the hype and talk about this photo shoot. Get over it people, Lilo is not the first to have posed for photos like this before. I cannot stand looking at the little bitch I don't care if she is fully clothed or naked as a jay bird. Whether she is trying to jump start her career or ruin it, I do not care, I just don't want to hear about it any more. There are much more important and news worthy stories going on today that deserve to be reported than hours on end speculating about why she did this photo shoot and what everyone and their brother thinks of it. Blech the pictures are gross.

lazarus said:
Certainly this isn't less newsworthy or interesting than the LONG thread we have about Celebrity Babies.

You don't love little Apple Martin, do you, Laz? Do you?

Oh, and Johnny Depp.

Carek1230 said:
I am already sick to death of hearing all the hype and talk about this photo shoot. Get over it people, Lilo is not the first to have posed for photos like this before. I cannot stand looking at the little bitch I don't care if she is fully clothed or naked as a jay bird. Whether she is trying to jump start her career or ruin it, I do not care, I just don't want to hear about it any more. There are much more important and news worthy stories going on today that deserve to be reported than hours on end speculating about why she did this photo shoot and what everyone and their brother thinks of it. Blech the pictures are gross.

If you're not interested about it, then don't read the thread and waste your time moaning about it. If other people want to, then let them and read a different thread, there's certainly no shortage of them in this place.

BTW I agree with you that the pictures aren't the prettiest I've ever seen.

the tourist said:

Imagine that naked. With Marilyn Monroe hair.

We have a winner.
the tourist said:

We have a winner.
the tourist said:

We have a winner.
the tourist said:

We have a winner.
the tourist said:

We have a winner.

Carek1230 said:

Then go to a different thread?
:shrug:

lazarus said:
Certainly this isn't less newsworthy or interesting than the LONG thread we have about Celebrity Babies.

no-one is forcing you to look here. Perhaps you were tempted by the mention of nudity? :wink:

sometimes it's nice to escape into a world of gossip and fluff even though you know it's mindless chit chat. Not everything has to be heavy and serious, geez, the real world is heavy enough for some of us .:rolleyes:

Anyone want to create a Scarlett Johansson Appreciation thread?

You know, for her acting ... and stuff ... :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom