Lohan admits bulimia and drugs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
starsgoblue said:

The thing is though she tried to get her publicist to talk to Vanity Fair and have that statement bout drugs retracted...I don't see why she's doing that. If Drew Barrymore can fess up, why can't she. :shrug:

I heard that she was afraid people would think that she did cocaine.

Whatever.

Unfortunately, drug problems and eating disorders are not uncommon things for a 19 year old, especially one with a family background such as Lindsay's, to be experiencing. Many non-famous college girls are going through the same things as we speak.

Lemonfix said:
Unfortunately, drug problems and eating disorders are not uncommon things for a 19 year old, especially one with a family background such as Lindsay's, to be experiencing. Many non-famous college girls are going through the same things as we speak.

This is true...but having access to as much money as she does and being scrutinized about your looks in the spotlight tends to make things worse.

But why would a person compermise there on health just to look a certain way? I could never understand that?:scratch:

Now we think she might be pregnant. A friend was seen bringing her a pregnancy kit.

WTF

She's only 19. She shouldn't be doing drugs and having sex at that age.

:tsk:

U2Girl1978 said:

I heard that she was afraid people would think that she did cocaine.

yeah, and it would be SUCH a shock to hear that. it's so ridiculous- i am sure that nearly everyone in the hollywood party scene has at least tried cocaine, if not uses it on a regular basis. it's the same way in NYC- coke is everywhere for those who party, are into 'the scene', and have lots of $$. :sigh:

i hope lindsey gets help and gets better. not a fan of hers, but it sucks to see someone so young falling into such a destructive lifestyle.

Carmelu2fan said:
But why would a person compermise there on health just to look a certain way? I could never understand that?:scratch:

It's a very ill self esteem image problem. I am not a Lohan fan, but as a caring person I hope she gets help. She has a lot of young female fans who look up to her and I believe the best message she can send to her fan base is showing herself getting healthier and taking care. Celebrity really isn't all that is't made out to be for many and that is really sad. I also hope that the pregnancy rumor is not true. She is too young to be a mother, and I would hope this sudden urge to get healthy wouldn't be because of a pregnancy.

Carmelu2fan said:

That's the movie business for ya! They want you to act and do things a certain way and it's really destructive for alot of actors and actresses. It's a shame that alot of actresses are going to plastic surgery just because certain producers, directors, etc. want them to for a part. What do you achieve by doing drugs, plastic surgery and doing other things?

Ahhh... another one of my ramblings.. :huh: :lol:

HelloAngel said:
I admire Lindsay for speaking out on this and being honest -- hopefully she is doing it to also inspire fans of her to get help if they need it too.

I'm cynical and I call this part of her PR. :shrug: (ETA: What I mean is, that is it so surprising after the rags started on her bulimia and crack rumors that she pre-emptively goes and gives a tell-all to Vanity Fair?)

Apart from that, I wish her the best of luck, because it's not the years, it's the miles and it will take a toll on her later in life.

And as *Ally* said, it's so obvious half these people are coked up. You think they just starve themselves down to a size zero? Nice try. A little something along with that....

In a statement obtained by TEEN PEOPLE, Lindsay Lohan is denying claims made in February's Vanity Fair cover story that she had an eating disorder last spring. "The words that I gave to the writer for Vanity Fair were misused and misconstrued, and I'm appalled with the way it was done," Lohan, 19, wrote in an e-mail dated January 9.

The article, in which the actress-singer also reportedly admitted to experimenting with drugs, states: "'I was making myself sick,' she says, referring to bulimic episodes." Lohan later goes on to say, "I knew I had a problem and I couldn't admit it."

"Aside from [the writer's] lies and changing of my words," Lohan said in the statement, "I am blessed to have this job and wonderful family that I do." Her publicist, Leslie Sloane Zelnik, tells TEEN PEOPLE that Lohan does not have bulimia now, nor did she ever.

A rep for Vanity Fair tells TEEN PEOPLE, "Evgenia Peretz is one of our most reliable reporters. Every word Lindsay Lohan told her is on tape. Vanity Fair stands by the story.

Sounds like she retracted what she said due to the backlash of the media or her rep to her to recant her statement , something is not adding up. Why would a very health girl suddenly lose a massive amount of wieght all of the sudden if she is not ill in some way?

I still think that her weight loss probably had more to do with drugs than Bulimia. From what I've heard, binging and purging makes a person feel thinner/less guilty but it generally doesn't cause a huge weightloss the way anorexia or just massive amounts of blow would.

Lemonfix said:
I still think that her weight loss probably had more to do with drugs than Bulimia. From what I've heard, binging and purging makes a person feel thinner/less guilty but it generally doesn't cause a huge weightloss the way anorexia or just massive amounts of blow would.
:yes: for the most part, you don't lose a lot of weight with bulimia. and as for anorexia, since you hardly eat, your metabolism grinds to a halt so you don't lose much weight with it either.

although i do have a family member who's built similarly to me who's had various eating disorders all her life (she was overweight when she was my age) and now she's maybe 80 pounds and she's like 5'7". just skin and bones. ugh.

all i can hope is lohan's not in denial about whatever the cause of her dramatic weight loss is, and seeks help. since she's now saying her words were twisted, i just hope she's trying to save her rep and doesn't seriously believe she doesn't have some kind of problem with drugs and/or an eating disorder. :(

From "Page Six" of the New York Post
January 12, 2006 -- SISTERS-in-scandal Lindsay Lohan and Kate Moss joined forces at Scores strip club early yesterday morning to put on a steamy pole-dance show for 400 slack-jawed male patrons, PAGE SIX has learned.
Lohan, Moss and a couple of female friends swanned into the Upper East Side mammary mecca at about 2:45 a.m. and headed straight for the legendary Champagne Room, where the giggly group ordered round after round of vodka shots, raspberry Kamikazes and beer.

Their table was immediately swarmed by strippers and Lohan and Moss enjoyed numerous lap dances. But the fun really started when Moss jumped on the stage nearest the main bar and began grinding against a pole, much to the delight of hundreds of red-blooded banker types.

"Kate was going wild," a witness told us. "After a few songs, Lindsay jumped on stage with her. They were swinging on the pole with their arms around each other's waists, kissing each other, caressing each other, just acting like strippers. The crowd was cheering them on the whole time. They didn't take off any clothes, but it was very hot."

Asked about the boldfaced bump-and-grind, Scores spokesman Lonnie Hanover would only say, "We don't talk about our celebrity clientele."

Luckily, we found someone who would: Celebrity photographer James Edstrom managed to catch some of the eye-popping action and followed Lohan and Moss outside when they left some time after 4 a.m.

"They were both running in and out of the ladies' room a lot," Edstrom recalled. "I saw when it was just Lindsay dancing solo and Kate was yelling, 'You're a pro, Lindsay! You should do this for a living!'

"When they left, I went outside, pulled out my camera and asked Lindsay, 'May I please take your picture?' That's when her bodyguard went off. He slammed me against the wall. She jumped in her SUV and got on her cell phone. Kate was already driving away in another car, yelling 'F - - - you!' at me."

Lohan released a statement this week saying she was "appalled" by the Vanity Fair cover story in which she confessed to dabbling in drugs and battling bulimia, saying her words were "misused and misconstrued." VF stands by the story. The glam glossy also recently made Moss a cover girl after pictures of the supermodel snorting cocaine made headlines around the world.

Looks like Kate is at it again and I am not surprised in the least bit. That is a damn shame Linsday is so young and already a crack hoe.:tsk:
:shame:

Oh well thats Hollywood

And how much money will they lose when their license gets suspended for this violation?
You make my point when you say "Money talks".
The few dollars they might make from Lindsay buying some vodka shooters pales in comparison to the financial hit they'd take if caught with her being served inside.

I am aware of the consequences that the club would face if they got caught. But I have seen clubs like that take those risk to please there celebrity customers also I am not saying that it did happen, because I know the media lies and exaggerate but it very well could have.

Hewson said:
And how much money will they lose when their license gets suspended for this violation?
You make my point when you say "Money talks".
The few dollars they might make from Lindsay buying some vodka shooters pales in comparison to the financial hit they'd take if caught with her being served inside.

I doubt she even had to pay for the vodka shooters in question.

The drinking age doesn't exactly apply the same to celebrities. I hate to use this as an example, but watch an episode of The Real World and you see underage people drinking in bars and clubs. Hell, if I was able to get into bars before being legal, then anyone can.

I'm quite sure she can get in.
But you would think a high profile place like Scores would think better of letting a high profile under aged person like her in(Well serving her alcohol, she may be able to enter the premises at age 18 depending upon the license, I think Scores has a restaurant style license), especially if it was a busy night and knowing that everyone has cameraphones etc. these days.

Back
Top Bottom