Lohan admits bulimia and drugs - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2006, 02:13 PM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue

The thing is though she tried to get her publicist to talk to Vanity Fair and have that statement bout drugs retracted...I don't see why she's doing that. If Drew Barrymore can fess up, why can't she.
I heard that she was afraid people would think that she did cocaine.

Whatever.

Old 01-06-2006, 03:34 PM   #32
Refugee

Local Time: 08:07 AM
Unfortunately, drug problems and eating disorders are not uncommon things for a 19 year old, especially one with a family background such as Lindsay's, to be experiencing. Many non-famous college girls are going through the same things as we speak.

Old 01-06-2006, 04:45 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonfix
Unfortunately, drug problems and eating disorders are not uncommon things for a 19 year old, especially one with a family background such as Lindsay's, to be experiencing. Many non-famous college girls are going through the same things as we speak.
This is true...but having access to as much money as she does and being scrutinized about your looks in the spotlight tends to make things worse.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:57 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:07 AM
But why would a person compermise there on health just to look a certain way? I could never understand that?
Old 01-06-2006, 06:59 PM   #35
War Child

Local Time: 03:07 PM
Now we think she might be pregnant. A friend was seen bringing her a pregnancy kit.

WTF

She's only 19. She shouldn't be doing drugs and having sex at that age.

Old 01-06-2006, 07:37 PM   #36
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl1978

I heard that she was afraid people would think that she did cocaine.
yeah, and it would be SUCH a shock to hear that. it's so ridiculous- i am sure that nearly everyone in the hollywood party scene has at least tried cocaine, if not uses it on a regular basis. it's the same way in NYC- coke is everywhere for those who party, are into 'the scene', and have lots of $$.

i hope lindsey gets help and gets better. not a fan of hers, but it sucks to see someone so young falling into such a destructive lifestyle.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:12 PM   #37
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Carmelu2fan
But why would a person compermise there on health just to look a certain way? I could never understand that?

It's a very ill self esteem image problem. I am not a Lohan fan, but as a caring person I hope she gets help. She has a lot of young female fans who look up to her and I believe the best message she can send to her fan base is showing herself getting healthier and taking care. Celebrity really isn't all that is't made out to be for many and that is really sad. I also hope that the pregnancy rumor is not true. She is too young to be a mother, and I would hope this sudden urge to get healthy wouldn't be because of a pregnancy.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:44 PM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Carmelu2fan
That's the movie business for ya! They want you to act and do things a certain way and it's really destructive for alot of actors and actresses. It's a shame that alot of actresses are going to plastic surgery just because certain producers, directors, etc. want them to for a part. What do you achieve by doing drugs, plastic surgery and doing other things?

Ahhh... another one of my ramblings..
Old 01-06-2006, 09:58 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel
I admire Lindsay for speaking out on this and being honest -- hopefully she is doing it to also inspire fans of her to get help if they need it too.
I'm cynical and I call this part of her PR. (ETA: What I mean is, that is it so surprising after the rags started on her bulimia and crack rumors that she pre-emptively goes and gives a tell-all to Vanity Fair?)

Apart from that, I wish her the best of luck, because it's not the years, it's the miles and it will take a toll on her later in life.

And as *Ally* said, it's so obvious half these people are coked up. You think they just starve themselves down to a size zero? Nice try. A little something along with that....
Old 01-11-2006, 08:46 AM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

In a statement obtained by TEEN PEOPLE, Lindsay Lohan is denying claims made in February's Vanity Fair cover story that she had an eating disorder last spring. "The words that I gave to the writer for Vanity Fair were misused and misconstrued, and I'm appalled with the way it was done," Lohan, 19, wrote in an e-mail dated January 9.

The article, in which the actress-singer also reportedly admitted to experimenting with drugs, states: "'I was making myself sick,' she says, referring to bulimic episodes." Lohan later goes on to say, "I knew I had a problem and I couldn't admit it."

"Aside from [the writer's] lies and changing of my words," Lohan said in the statement, "I am blessed to have this job and wonderful family that I do." Her publicist, Leslie Sloane Zelnik, tells TEEN PEOPLE that Lohan does not have bulimia now, nor did she ever.

A rep for Vanity Fair tells TEEN PEOPLE, "Evgenia Peretz is one of our most reliable reporters. Every word Lindsay Lohan told her is on tape. Vanity Fair stands by the story.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:52 PM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Oh so it wasn't an eating disorder, yes thats believable.
She lost 78 lbs in 3.5 hours on Atkins apparently.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:55 PM   #42
Blue Crack Distributor

her picture is hanging up in the bagel place near where i work... she's from the area originaly.

apparently she's stopped eating said bagles.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:06 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Sounds like she retracted what she said due to the backlash of the media or her rep to her to recant her statement , something is not adding up. Why would a very health girl suddenly lose a massive amount of wieght all of the sudden if she is not ill in some way?
Old 01-11-2006, 05:53 PM   #44
Refugee

Local Time: 08:07 AM
I still think that her weight loss probably had more to do with drugs than Bulimia. From what I've heard, binging and purging makes a person feel thinner/less guilty but it generally doesn't cause a huge weightloss the way anorexia or just massive amounts of blow would.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:32 PM   #45
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonfix
I still think that her weight loss probably had more to do with drugs than Bulimia. From what I've heard, binging and purging makes a person feel thinner/less guilty but it generally doesn't cause a huge weightloss the way anorexia or just massive amounts of blow would.
for the most part, you don't lose a lot of weight with bulimia. and as for anorexia, since you hardly eat, your metabolism grinds to a halt so you don't lose much weight with it either.

although i do have a family member who's built similarly to me who's had various eating disorders all her life (she was overweight when she was my age) and now she's maybe 80 pounds and she's like 5'7". just skin and bones. ugh.

all i can hope is lohan's not in denial about whatever the cause of her dramatic weight loss is, and seeks help. since she's now saying her words were twisted, i just hope she's trying to save her rep and doesn't seriously believe she doesn't have some kind of problem with drugs and/or an eating disorder.