logo's and brand names on clothing - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2002, 08:09 AM   #16
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 09:22 PM
Thought about this some more...

I do buy brand name sneakers, usually Nike...however, my reason for that is that the cheap ones fall apart a lot sooner than any pair of Nikes I ever had. I was given some Nikes as a gift, and I loved them...I still have that pair (they are about 6 years old now but still pretty decent). So, in that case, I do shop for the brand.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 09-25-2002, 09:01 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:22 PM
My Two Cents

There are some things I buy brand name for because of the dimensions of my body and how that brand fits i.e. Express and Gap Jeans because of the way they make certain jeans to fit my hips and height ratio. I buy Adiddas (sp?) because I have small feet but they are slightly wider. These brands however are not known for large advertising on their clothes. I think all in all I am not a brand name whore. I would not wear something that would have a Logo plastered all over it so big that Ray Charles could see it though. That is just tacky *coughFUBUcough*

I think that when you wear a band shirt however you are not necessarily advertising for that band.

Old 09-25-2002, 09:29 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:22 AM
I HATE clothes that have brand names on them! The only ones I own are shirts that other people have given me because I'm too poor to be incredibly picky.

I also hate purses that have the hideous logos all over them and cost $700.
Old 09-25-2002, 10:01 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:22 PM
I hate shirts that have nothing but a logo (*coughTOMMYcough*). I do shop for certain brands -- I'm very picky about shoes, so I only buy a few brands (Skechers, Nike, etc.), and I'm picky about jeans, and I pretty much only buy them at Old Navy, because they're made well and I like the style and colour (I only buy dark blue jeans, and not many places have the colour I like). I'm far less picky about shirts.. I only have 2 shirts that have logos (both are Esprit shirts). I pretty much just buy what I like, as long as it isn't overpriced or made of cheap/flimsy material. The only brand I avoid is Tommy Hilfiger, for reasons stated above.
Old 09-25-2002, 10:08 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Normal

like 4a, i won't wear clothes that shout a brand name. i think that's tacky and lame looking. i also won't ever buy nike, esprit, and i try not to buy things made in tibet. those are the only "political" type of reasons i avoid certain brands. i'm sure there are tons of other brands that i would find offensive for random reasons, but if i really overanalyzed every brand i would probably never find one i would buy. you have to pick your battles, so to speak.
Old 09-25-2002, 11:51 AM   #21
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:22 AM

hmm well, I wear a mixture of things, some of the bigger names, but I dont really wear t-shirts with big logos on them or anything...

For me its a question of price, fashionability, and quality. I bought some things from a cheaper shop for the summer and most t-shirts I got got very stretched.

Generally though I buy in sales, so sometimes I'll get something by a bigger brand, or from a nice shop, I just wear what I think looks good really...
Old 09-25-2002, 12:27 PM   #22
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:22 PM
I wear Tommy Hilfiger shirts, shoes, pants, ties and underwear. I also have his name tatooed on each of my wrists and my ankle.
Old 09-25-2002, 12:50 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:22 PM
I don't wear stuff with brand names on them but mainly because I don't like how they look. tacky!

I do wear U2 shirts. I do think wearing a band shirt is promoting/supporting the band. I have a red tee w/ the American flag on it. I will not wear Bud tshirts or anything in that vein (my father is so against the alcohol industry he wouldn't bring us to Bush Gardens in FLA).

But I am a shopping snob in the sense I pay more for things at Express & Limited which I can probably find somewhere else. Lately i've been trying to tone it down and stick with Filenes, where I get great work clothes on average $20 cheaper than Limited. Shoes I don't go w/ any certain names, just as long as they fit cool.
Old 09-25-2002, 01:37 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by pub crawler
I wear Tommy Hilfiger shirts, shoes, pants, ties and underwear. I also have his name tatooed on each of my wrists and my ankle.
you MUST be joking. if you arent, you are the biggest joke of the entire human race.
Old 09-25-2002, 01:40 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I will never wear clothes with logos on them. However I do shop for only the brands I like.

I typically only wear Giorgio Armani's latest collections, however so I need not worry about logos...
Old 09-25-2002, 02:17 PM   #26
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96

you MUST be joking. if you arent, you are the biggest joke of the entire human race.

Why? I love Tommy Hilfiger and I am a super intense yuppy. I love Beemers, Tommy Hilfiger, Starbucks (I spend $millions there).

I love my nice flat overlooking the cliffs in La Jolla, California. I spend Friday nights down on the La Jolla Cove promenade, walking slowly past the upscale store windows. I always have my Tommy Hilfiger sweater loosely strung about my shoulders, and I wear my casual khaki slacks. I eat at George's At the Cove with my yuppy friends. It's a fine restaurant. We drink imported wine.

We often shoot up to Sonoma for a wine tasting on weekends.

We live very happy, pleasing lives. We consume goods with important labels on them.

We eat soma.
Old 09-25-2002, 02:34 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I thought the first post you wrote was the funniest thing I have read in a long time but your one was even funnier.
Old 09-25-2002, 04:36 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:22 AM
Interference - Made In China

I try to stay aware of who is doing what to whom. I know a lot of companies use sweatshop labour. I have heard testimonials from the women and CHILDREN who work there. I try to buy Australian and I try to buy local.

I've been wanting to tell you guys this story, heres'a good place. I did recently buy some T shirts that were probably made in less than ideal conditions but this time, I couldn't resist them. They were on sale, they came in blue and green(brasil) and red and white(the bears) they have a nifty glittery star and the No.1 on the front.....AND the clothing company that made them? They have a label inside that says...INTERFERENCE....How could I resist those?
Old 09-26-2002, 12:11 AM   #29
Acrobat

wink

logos make you sexy. like if you like wore abercrombie clothes you might like actually be sexy bear.
Old 09-26-2002, 12:18 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I do not like having little horses and men and such on my clothes.

I do wear shirts for U2 and other bands, as well as University of Alabama hats and shirts when I go to a game; I find that most of these items are made in the USA.

~U2Alabama