Lodgepole, Nebraska Superthread - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Where to next?
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso 0 0%
Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, New Zealand 6 26.09%
Fernando de Noronha, Brazillian municipality 2 8.70%
Wetwang, England 11 47.83%
Mars, Mars 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-28-2008, 11:07 PM   #451
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,960
Local Time: 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


I feel it's changed things for the worse. I liked how we were doing things and I would have vetoed this thread's poll had I been up at the time.
If it's not that way, then it's up to one or two people, and they only want "funny" ones. How about let the people decide?
__________________

__________________
the tourist is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 11:07 PM   #452
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 05:50 AM
Unico/Varitek,

I've gotta get you both my real email address. Your emails (subject line: "Lonely Girl with a Webcam") have been ending up in my span folder. Sorry.
__________________

__________________
Dalton is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 11:07 PM   #453
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


Sounds interesting enough for me to want to check out her music. What album/s do you suggest?
OUT OF RANGE imo is by far the best
also Dilate

to be specific, the albums, not just the songs, are recommended
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 11:08 PM   #454
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,960
Local Time: 01:50 AM
Thread name vetoes are lame.
__________________
the tourist is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 11:08 PM   #455
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,052
Local Time: 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist


If it's not that way, then it's up to one or two people, and they only want "funny" ones. How about let the people decide?
I disagree. I think opening it up to polls means only the silliest ones will win.

I mean, we didn't choose Inaccessible Island because it was funny. Just because it was a really unusual, farflung place.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 02-28-2008, 11:11 PM   #456
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton
Unico/Varitek,

I've gotta get you both my real email address. Your emails (subject line: "Lonely Girl with a Webcam") have been ending up in my span folder. Sorry.

please do! i don't want these going to waste.
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 11:11 PM   #457
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 04:50 AM
oh and Self Evident is her amazing poem. it's best when she reads it (i actually saw an in-progress version, not the final) but here is the text:

http://www.righteousbabe.com/ani/l_self_evident.asp

oooh you can listen. listen.
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 11:11 PM   #458
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek


OUT OF RANGE imo is by far the best
also Dilate

to be specific, the albums, not just the songs, are recommended
evolve
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 11:12 PM   #459
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist
Thread name vetoes are lame.
democracy is lame when its wrong

see: george bush
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 11:12 PM   #460
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,960
Local Time: 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


I disagree. I think opening it up to polls means only the silliest ones will win.

I mean, we didn't choose Inaccessible Island because it was funny. Just because it was a really unusual, farflung place.
I just get worried because we've had a lot of random ones/funny ones. I like the more general ones. How about something simple? Aussie was simple, and it worked great. Maybe something like Brazillian?

Anyway, I still think the poll idea is fun, even if we don't use ANY of them. Kind of like our middle finger up at the voters who aren't posting what they vote for.
__________________
the tourist is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 11:13 PM   #461
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,960
Local Time: 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek


democracy is lame when its wrong

see: george bush


Way to be cliche.
__________________
the tourist is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 11:13 PM   #462
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 04:50 AM
i mean it don't take a weatherman to look around and see the weather
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 11:14 PM   #463
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist


I just get worried because we've had a lot of random ones/funny ones. I like the more general ones. How about something simple? Aussie was simple, and it worked great. Maybe something like Brazillian?

Anyway, I still think the poll idea is fun, even if we don't use ANY of them. Kind of like our middle finger up at the voters who aren't posting what they vote for.
fair enough on the finger part, but why keep it simple? why not be at least as obscure as liechtenstein?

45'd
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 11:15 PM   #464
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 05:50 AM
variteck, have you seen her live?
__________________
Dalton is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 11:17 PM   #465
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,960
Local Time: 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek


fair enough on the finger part, but why keep it simple? why not be at least as obscure as liechtenstein?

45'd
It doesn't have to be simple everytime. But it'd be nice if not every time was it something super obscure. How about mixing it up a little? And we don't need to limit it to planet earth either.
__________________

__________________
the tourist is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com