Lodgepole, Nebraska Superthread - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Where to next?
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso 0 0%
Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, New Zealand 6 26.09%
Fernando de Noronha, Brazillian municipality 2 8.70%
Wetwang, England 11 47.83%
Mars, Mars 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2008, 09:49 PM   #331
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:55 PM
Yes, yes.

I = OWNED.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-28-2008, 09:49 PM   #332
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:55 AM
some dude just offered me a cupcake. i was like, i love college. then he said "they're vegan and low fat...but they still taste good." wrong. and now he's standing like 5 feet away so i can't throw it out.

YES BRINGING DOWN THE HOUSE THE MOVIE OMG SO EXCITED

Old 02-28-2008, 09:51 PM   #333
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:55 AM
You know Axver, I'm no expert, but I've gotta guess that if you had a few less posts on an internet message board, you might have a sunnier disposition.

But that might be freshman psych talking and everyone jumps on that fad.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:51 PM   #334
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Harry Potter is a nasty, festering sore on the face of literature. I've read it too. Ugh. What a sack of shockingly written crap.

I watched the first two-thirds of 24's first season. Got bored when it became far too wildly unrealistic and stupid.
24's fun, you just have to go with it. also marathoning helps. season 6 sucked though.

Harry Potter I cannot agree with you. a brilliantly crafted plot, wonderful characters, and the writing was so interesting - you could see the way she matured as a writer from her first novel over the course of 17 years, she got funnier and much better technically. so she likes using adverbs
Old 02-28-2008, 09:52 PM   #335
Vocal parasite

Ian, Sri Lanka won the toss and is batting. I say all out for 160 after 39 overs.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-28-2008, 09:53 PM   #336
Blue Crack Addict

ugh i still have nasty vegan cupcake taste in my mouth grooooooosssss
Old 02-28-2008, 09:53 PM   #337
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

Harry Potter I cannot agree with you. a brilliantly crafted plot, wonderful characters, and the writing was so interesting - you could see the way she matured as a writer from her first novel over the course of 17 years, she got funnier and much better technically. so she likes using adverbs
QFT
Old 02-28-2008, 09:54 PM   #338
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton
You know Axver, I'm no expert, but I've gotta guess that if you had a few less posts on an internet message board, you might have a sunnier disposition.

But that might be freshman psych talking and everyone jumps on that fad.
I have no bloody idea how I got so many posts here. I suppose because for the last couple of years, it's been the only messageboard I really visit regularly.

I like a lot of stuff. Just not, it seems, what a lot of other people like. When I like or dislike something, I'm passionate about it.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-28-2008, 09:55 PM   #339
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Epic phail.

The plot/subplot confusion is rife, the characters are paper-thin, and the whole storyline is just shockingly unoriginal. I remember when I first came across it, when there were only two books out. I said "that's been done before" and didn't care to waste my time on it. I was stunned a couple of years later to find it had become a fad.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-28-2008, 09:58 PM   #340
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I have no bloody idea how I got so many posts here. = When I like or dislike something, I'm passionate about it.

I would guess that those two statements are more closely related than you suspect.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:58 PM   #341
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I have no bloody idea how I got so many posts here. I suppose because for the last couple of years, it's been the only messageboard I really visit regularly.

I like a lot of stuff. Just not, it seems, what a lot of other people like. When I like or dislike something, I'm passionate about it.
you are fucked by your own snobbery sometimes.

see: harry potter. you really could enjoy it if you let yourself.

90d 135d
Old 02-28-2008, 10:00 PM   #342
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton

I would guess that those two statements are more closely related than you suspect.
There's actually a bizarre correlation: the less I've liked U2, the more I've posted here. When I registered, U2 were my favourite band. Now they're probably fifth or sixth.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-28-2008, 10:01 PM   #343
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Epic phail.

The plot/subplot confusion is rife, the characters are paper-thin, and the whole storyline is just shockingly unoriginal. I remember when I first came across it, when there were only two books out. I said "that's been done before" and didn't care to waste my time on it. I was stunned a couple of years later to find it had become a fad.
I love the subplots, especially ones that don't enhance the actual plot, because the enhance the extremely three-dimensional world she has built. i think there are plenty of really complex characters, some you only see later on, partly because of her progression as a writer and partly because they grow up and partly because you need to.

fuckin vegan cupcake taste.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:01 PM   #344
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

There's actually a bizarre correlation: the less I've liked U2, the more I've posted here. When I registered, U2 were my favourite band. Now they're probably fifth or sixth.

That's exactly the point I was driving at.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:02 PM   #345
Vocal parasite

Quote:

you are fucked by your own snobbery sometimes.

see: harry potter. you really could enjoy it if you let yourself.

90d 135d
I've actually read the first four books twice. I had to wonder if I had just missed something the first time around, as all my friends loved them, so I read them again and just had my opinion confirmed. I wouldn't even really consider myself a literature snob. Music snob, yes. But literature snob? I enjoy Matthew Reilly!

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread