Lodgepole, Nebraska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where to next?

• Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, New Zealand

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Fernando de Noronha, Brazillian municipality

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Wetwang, England

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Mars, Mars

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I feel it's changed things for the worse. I liked how we were doing things and I would have vetoed this thread's poll had I been up at the time.

If it's not that way, then it's up to one or two people, and they only want "funny" ones. How about let the people decide?

Axver said:

Sounds interesting enough for me to want to check out her music. What album/s do you suggest?

OUT OF RANGE imo is by far the best
also Dilate

to be specific, the albums, not just the songs, are recommended

the tourist said:

If it's not that way, then it's up to one or two people, and they only want "funny" ones. How about let the people decide?

I disagree. I think opening it up to polls means only the silliest ones will win.

I mean, we didn't choose Inaccessible Island because it was funny. Just because it was a really unusual, farflung place.

Axver said:

I disagree. I think opening it up to polls means only the silliest ones will win.

I mean, we didn't choose Inaccessible Island because it was funny. Just because it was a really unusual, farflung place.

I just get worried because we've had a lot of random ones/funny ones. I like the more general ones. How about something simple? Aussie was simple, and it worked great. Maybe something like Brazillian?

Anyway, I still think the poll idea is fun, even if we don't use ANY of them. Kind of like our middle finger up at the voters who aren't posting what they vote for.

the tourist said:

I just get worried because we've had a lot of random ones/funny ones. I like the more general ones. How about something simple? Aussie was simple, and it worked great. Maybe something like Brazillian?

Anyway, I still think the poll idea is fun, even if we don't use ANY of them. Kind of like our middle finger up at the voters who aren't posting what they vote for.

fair enough on the finger part, but why keep it simple? why not be at least as obscure as liechtenstein?

45'd

Varitek said:

fair enough on the finger part, but why keep it simple? why not be at least as obscure as liechtenstein?

45'd

It doesn't have to be simple everytime. But it'd be nice if not every time was it something super obscure. How about mixing it up a little? And we don't need to limit it to planet earth either. :wink:

Dalton said:
variteck, have you seen her live?

I didn't realize she was touring last month, but I saw her in like 2002? yeah 2002 i think, in february at smith college...total coincidence, and we only saw the 2nd half, we listened at the door for the first half until they sold us tickets even tho it was technically sold out.

that's when, as i said, i saw her do an earlier iteration of self evident.

So how about something simple once out of every three threads? And then the rest can be random places. I think that is a good compromise.

coolian2 said:
I think if a premium member is starting a new thread a poll would be, if nothing else, a laugh.

But there isn't any need to get worked up over it and having a poll every time.
No, no. Let's argue about it. :wink:

I feel I haven't had a good argument since that little U2 show a few days ago.

the tourist said:

It doesn't have to be simple everytime. But it'd be nice if not every time was it something super obscure. How about mixing it up a little? And we don't need to limit it to planet earth either. :wink:

Then our clear choice is the most distant planet in our solar system, Uranus.

unico said:

i thought that was neptune?

I think Uranus is further out than Neptune. And I don't care what the bullshit current status of Pluto is. It's a planet to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom