Lodgepole, Nebraska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Where to next?

• Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, New Zealand

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Fernando de Noronha, Brazillian municipality

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Wetwang, England

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Mars, Mars

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
some dude just offered me a cupcake. i was like, i love college. then he said "they're vegan and low fat...but they still taste good." wrong. and now he's standing like 5 feet away so i can't throw it out.

YES BRINGING DOWN THE HOUSE THE MOVIE OMG SO EXCITED

You know Axver, I'm no expert, but I've gotta guess that if you had a few less posts on an internet message board, you might have a sunnier disposition.

But that might be freshman psych talking and everyone jumps on that fad.

Axver said:

Harry Potter is a nasty, festering sore on the face of literature. I've read it too. Ugh. What a sack of shockingly written crap.

I watched the first two-thirds of 24's first season. Got bored when it became far too wildly unrealistic and stupid.

24's fun, you just have to go with it. also marathoning helps. season 6 sucked though.

Harry Potter I cannot agree with you. a brilliantly crafted plot, wonderful characters, and the writing was so interesting - you could see the way she matured as a writer from her first novel over the course of 17 years, she got funnier and much better technically. so she likes using adverbs :shrug:

Ian, Sri Lanka won the toss and is batting. I say all out for 160 after 39 overs.

Varitek said:

Harry Potter I cannot agree with you. a brilliantly crafted plot, wonderful characters, and the writing was so interesting - you could see the way she matured as a writer from her first novel over the course of 17 years, she got funnier and much better technically. so she likes using adverbs :shrug:

QFT

Dalton said:
You know Axver, I'm no expert, but I've gotta guess that if you had a few less posts on an internet message board, you might have a sunnier disposition.

But that might be freshman psych talking and everyone jumps on that fad.

I have no bloody idea how I got so many posts here. I suppose because for the last couple of years, it's been the only messageboard I really visit regularly.

I like a lot of stuff. Just not, it seems, what a lot of other people like. When I like or dislike something, I'm passionate about it.

Varitek said:

Epic phail.

The plot/subplot confusion is rife, the characters are paper-thin, and the whole storyline is just shockingly unoriginal. I remember when I first came across it, when there were only two books out. I said "that's been done before" and didn't care to waste my time on it. I was stunned a couple of years later to find it had become a fad.

Axver said:

I have no bloody idea how I got so many posts here. I suppose because for the last couple of years, it's been the only messageboard I really visit regularly.

I like a lot of stuff. Just not, it seems, what a lot of other people like. When I like or dislike something, I'm passionate about it.

you are fucked by your own snobbery sometimes.

see: harry potter. you really could enjoy it if you let yourself.

90d 135d

Dalton said:

I would guess that those two statements are more closely related than you suspect.

There's actually a bizarre correlation: the less I've liked U2, the more I've posted here. When I registered, U2 were my favourite band. Now they're probably fifth or sixth.

Axver said:

Epic phail.

The plot/subplot confusion is rife, the characters are paper-thin, and the whole storyline is just shockingly unoriginal. I remember when I first came across it, when there were only two books out. I said "that's been done before" and didn't care to waste my time on it. I was stunned a couple of years later to find it had become a fad.

I love the subplots, especially ones that don't enhance the actual plot, because the enhance the extremely three-dimensional world she has built. i think there are plenty of really complex characters, some you only see later on, partly because of her progression as a writer and partly because they grow up and partly because you need to.

fuckin vegan cupcake taste.

Varitek said:

you are fucked by your own snobbery sometimes.

see: harry potter. you really could enjoy it if you let yourself.

90d 135d

I've actually read the first four books twice. I had to wonder if I had just missed something the first time around, as all my friends loved them, so I read them again and just had my opinion confirmed. I wouldn't even really consider myself a literature snob. Music snob, yes. But literature snob? I enjoy Matthew Reilly!

Axver said:

There's actually a bizarre correlation: the less I've liked U2, the more I've posted here. When I registered, U2 were my favourite band. Now they're probably fifth or sixth.

phail.

and dalton i'm fine being a romantic when i like someone enough. but i'm not gonna put off pleasure just cause there's nobody at this college for me to be interested in, except this one guy i met last weekend.

oooh! eli stone has marla from boston public/the chief's wife from gray's anatomy.

i'm leaving the tv now. so i can find something to get this awful vegan cupcake taste out of my mouth. it tastes like morning breath.

Axver said:

I've actually read the first four books twice. I had to wonder if I had just missed something the first time around, as all my friends loved them, so I read them again and just had my opinion confirmed. I wouldn't even really consider myself a literature snob. Music snob, yes. But literature snob? I enjoy Matthew Reilly!

phail again.

you just like being contrary.

coolian2 said:

Oh shit, the MCG. The wicket, er, sucks there this year.

All out 146 in the 45th over.

Strap in, this is going to be boring.

Yeah, I have no hopes of being entertained by this game. I'll put the TV on, but I don't know just how much attention I'll pay.

coolian2 said:
I read the first four Harry Potters and couldn't for the life of me find a reason to read any more, and i'm not a literature snob.

Smart man. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom